Goody Spin Pins!!!! :D

tiffal1922

soooo...idk if you guys have seen the ads for the goody simple styles hair accesories but i actually clicked the ad one day and was sucked in...:spinning:
on the website https://goodysimplestyles.com/ they have a video describing the function of the products. Honestly speaking I was REALLY interested in the spin pins because i bun on the regular(retaining length is a must for me :D) so i was like i want to try them but i really didn't want to order the whole set..eventhough it may be a deal....
anywho..
I went to wally world earlier to get somethings for one of my sick soRHOrs and of course the product junkie in me sucked me to the hair aisles :yep: so i'm scanning just to look and low and behold THE SPIN PINS WERE ON THE SHELF!
i quickly grabbed them and headed to the check out counter anxious to use them.. i couldn't even make it back in my room good to use them!!

:creatures
the pack comes with two but this bun was achieved with only one spin pin (i'm only apl) but they say you can use two..thats kind of overkill for my hair..but i am in love!! my bun feels sooooo secure!!! I just wanted to share!!
:)

UPDATE!!
lexiwiththecurls made a video of how to use the spin pins on youtube!!!
here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFJW2YDPIqY&playnext_from=TL&videos=OzcBvLvI24E&feature=sub

Attachments

• kdk_0172.jpg
    kdk_0172.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 784
  • kdk_0173.jpg
    kdk_0173.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:

Gleek

I was thinking of purchasing these, but I was afraid they would get caught and tangled in my hair.

tiffal1922

Noo!
they remove really easily!!!
to insert you turn counter clockwise (like screwing it in) and to remove you turn clockwise..
i've removed and replaced them a couple of times and i haven't had a hard time.:grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I clicked the ad and got sucked in as well :yep: When I get more lenth I want to try the spin pins and the modern updo maker. I love your bun BTW.

Sapphire_chic

I want to try the pony pouf maker. Am I the only one whose hair always gets caught in the banana clip hinge bit, I would ignore it but every hair counts! lol

lexiwiththecurls

I just saw this commercial last night and went online immediately and posted it on my blog last night. I loved the concept but thought it would get tangled in my hair. I would really want it moreso for when my hair is in its natural state versus straightened so I'm kinda scared it will get stuck and tangled around my hair.

loolalooh

have any naturals tried this?

Yep. The spin pin doesn't get tangled in my 4-something hair. I'll post pics later.

ETA: K, here are the pics (in twists, right pic = spin pin). I've also tried it on loose semi-stretched hair and it works just fine. There are balls at the end (like on bobby pins), which makes them safe. They're easy to put in and take out.

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I am glad you like them. I'm tempted. I so want to try them.

I've been waiting for someone with curly natural hair to give a review!

ETA - Thanks Loolalooh!

tiffal1922

i hope this was helpful for you guys!!
i really wore them for the first time today and my hair has stayed put all day..
i'm in love
:love:
super excited i invested in these!
they're super durable and i hope to keep these worked in my hair styles...
:D

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
The pony pouf clip is so cute! I might have to try that one. The volume comb could be nice too. Looks like it holds much better than those bump its. I'm not really understanding the spin pin. It looks kinda scary.....like i might put it in and never get it out lol.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I have the Updo Pin, and I need to play around with it some more in order to get it to work right.

I wanted to try the Spin Pins, but they looked too complicated, lol. Now that I know naturals can use them, I will give 'em a try.

yodie

I just saw this on tv today and wondered if someone on this board had already posted about it. My hair is just to the bottom of my neck. I'm protective styling right now, but I plan on doing twist outs and using a clip in piece to make some sort of bun. I'll use the goody spin pin for that. How much is the pin?

morehairplease

This thread could not have come at a much better time. I saw the commercial for the first time last night and after reading this thread I will definitely pick up a pack when I go grocery shopping Friday.

Yea!!! I've been looking at these pins, but I've been to terrified to try them. My hair likes to fuss and cuss at pins and such.... :) but perhaps I'll try them now!

tiffal1922

Yeah I don't get how you put it in. Do they show how you do it in the ad?

yeah they show you how to in the ad and also when you purchase the pins they come with detail instructions.

the pins were $5.99 at wally world

they're really sturdy so i honestly feel like i made an investment being as though i bun pretty much every day.

to insert the pins its like a screwing motion.
to insert its a counter-clock wise motion and to remove is a clockwise motion