Spin Pins for Bunning

Alta Angel

Can you use Spin Pins on stretched natural 4a/b hair? I am afraid the pins would be lost in hair forever...

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

Attachments

• spin pin with pearl.jpg
    spin pin with pearl.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 25

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Here is DD tonight. She skated hard for an hour so it isn't neat. She is 4c, fine strands, lots of them, and APL/BSL stretched/straight, but NL/SL w/shrinkage.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Here is DD tonight. She skated hard for an hour so it isn't neat. She is 4c, fine strands, lots of them, and APL/BSL stretched/straight, but NL/SL w/shrinkage.

Your dd's hair is beautiful :yep:

Can folks with shorter natural hair than your daughter use this?

MrsHdrLe

I am I the only one who experienced tangled hair upon removing them? Maybe I need a tutorial. I used to use them but after a couple of nasty snags when the pin literally got lost in my hair, I put them on the back burner. Though I love the idea of them I have become afraid of tangled hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Was it a reason why you stopped?
Lilmama1011, they never tugged or pulled my hair out but it annoyed my scalp with feeling the spin pins rest against it. I found if I didn't put the spin pins securely at the base of the bun, which caused it to touch my scalp, the bun wouldn't stay in place. I like juicy buns and I find the spin pins required me to have tighter buns for the pins to stay in place. The good days hair pins is just all around better for me.

faithVA

Thanks for this thread ladies. I went out and bought the mini and regular spins tonight. I usually wear a banana clip "bun" because my hair isn't long enough for a regular bun. My hair is NL to SL.

I took my twist out and gathered all the hair up and started twisting it and then tucked it. Put a mini spin pin at the bottom and another at the top...um yeah, I like these. There is no way I could do this with bobby pins. I would have 25 bobby pins in my head with a headache.

I wouldn't call it a bun, but its an updo. Works for me. :yep:

If you have SL hair, I think you should definitely try the mini spin-pins.

It makes no sense why these should work :lol:

Last edited:

Onhergrind09

I LOVEEEE spin pins, I've never had any breakage with them as I sometimes get with bobby pins and often one regular sized one is enough, if I want to be hardcore then I use two..and they're fun: who can sat that about a bobby pin? lol

Mz.MoMo5235's: your comment gave me the laugh I needed today :)

LexaKing

faithVA said:
Thanks for this thread ladies. I went out and bought the mini and regular spins tonight. I usually wear a banana clip "bun" because my hair isn't long enough for a regular bun. My hair is NL to SL.

I took my twist out and gathered all the hair up and started twisting it and then tucked it. Put a mini spin pin at the bottom and another at the top...um yeah, I like these. There is no way I could do this with bobby pins. I would have 25 bobby pins in my head with a headache.

I wouldn't call it a bun, but its an updo. Works for me. :yep:

If you have SL hair, I think you should definitely try the mini spin-pins.

It makes no sense why these should work :lol:

faithVA I'm glad they work well for you! It always creates such a good bun/updo. Thanks for posting your success!

kinkycurlygurl

I use spin pins for my high bun when I sleep. I was scared they would get tangled in my hair at first but they never do. I just ordered some with a big pearl on the ends, can't wait to get them. It'll add a little pizzaz.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Where did you order the spin pins with a pearl? That sounds awesome.