Spring 10 Wet Bun Challenge!

tallnomad

Will someone explain the 2 passes to me? are they heat passes? or just 2 extra times you can choose not to bun?

I'm thinking about joining, but wanted to answer your question. I believe that the "2 passes" are where you are "allowed" to wear your hair in a different style (other than the wet bun) only 2 times--maybe if you have a special event to attend or something like that.

panamoni

So, if I wetbun on Saturdays when I do my weekly wash, then dry bun the rest of the week, can I still join? What if I do Saturdays and Wednesdays, and moisturize my hair daily (I don't like Hawaiian Silky 14in1)?

a_shoe_6307

I might as well go ahead and join because I've been wet bunning almost ever other day due to working out 4-5 days a week. So add me to the list if it's not to late.

loveisnthehouse

Let me make sure I understand. The challenge is to wear a wet bun at least 5 days a week the other two days we can do whatever to our hair and then 2 extras passes for the spring. Correct?

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm in, I've tried bunning and then stopped, this way I'm forced to bun for a length of time. I want MBL at the end of the year, time to get serious.

MissMusic

Will someone explain the 2 passes to me? are they heat passes? or just 2 extra times you can choose not to bun?

You can use the two passes as you please, they can be to add two days to the week in which you then only have to wet bun 3 days out of that week. You can use them as heat passes. Two days to do another hair style. Or whatever you choose.

I'm thinking about joining, but wanted to answer your question. I believe that the "2 passes" are where you are "allowed" to wear your hair in a different style (other than the wet bun) only 2 times--maybe if you have a special event to attend or something like that.

Basically. 2 passes to interpret as you will.

So, if I wetbun on Saturdays when I do my weekly wash, then dry bun the rest of the week, can I still join? What if I do Saturdays and Wednesdays, and moisturize my hair daily (I don't like Hawaiian Silky 14in1)?

Sorry, but you hair has to remain wet for five days out of the week, so that would not be enough. You do not have to use Hawaiian Silky, I don't. I use a mix of conditioner, water, and rosewater. Try looking for a different product (S-curl?), or just use a spray bottle full of water to wet your hair, apply your moisturizer, and bun.

Let me make sure I understand. The challenge is to wear a wet bun at least 5 days a week the other two days we can do whatever to our hair and then 2 extras passes for the spring. Correct?

You got it!

Last edited:

keysha1983

I am in! Wet bunning helped me go from chin length to shoulder length.

Wet bunning is also good for my Army weekends!

Optimus_Prime

I don't have to cowash 1st, right?
I'll join and use Tiffers method of adding moisturizer to the ends each day, then bunning.

Whimsy

I'm in, tho I'll probably take more than 2 passes when I have certain events. I just want to be hair-lazy for a while and bunning is my easy out :)

bxshayshay4u

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!

I want to wet bun the spring away to obtain optimum growth this spring. Many ladies have seen great growth and length retention from wet bunning and I want to obtain this same success. So who wants to join me?

The Challenge will begin the first day of spring:
March 20th, 2010
and end on the last day of spring
June 20th, 2010
For a total of 13 weeks!

Rules:
1. Wet bun/protective style at least 5 days a week!
2. 2 Passes (Use these as you please)

Please post weekly updates on the products that will aid you in this challenge and what method of wet bunning you will follow (baggy, tiffers style, co-wash daily to every other day, etc.)?

Some threads on the subject:
Tiffers tutorial:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20932966
Wet Bunning Testimonials:
http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=242851&highlight=wet+bunning

Challengers:
Jordan S.
Black_Hoya_Chick
ckisland
LaFemmeNaturelle
motherpopcorn562
BellaM
NJoy
msnetta
isawstars
BoaterGirlKim
indiarican
Shay72
jasmineml
mysoon2behair
QueenBrittny
a_shoe_6307
guudhair
LVLY210
Firstborn2
loveisnthehouse
keysha1983
Optimus_Prime

can i wear it as a protective style under my wigs?

LadyPBC

I bun all the time...So Im in!!
I will moisturize with Coconut Milk QUOTE]

Question - do you mean coconut milk in the can? Won't it turn sour if you leave it on your hair? I like the idea but I'm not sure how to implement it. Please help.

LadyPBC

ISeeStars:
Love the picture of your twists in a bun. I'd love to borrow that style. Are you natural? :)blush:eek:ops yes you are) Are those sengalese twists? What length are you? I am natural 4a/3c (maybe some 4b). Can you give me details on how you were able to do this? Sorry I'm kinda new to the natural scene (not a year yet).

Last edited:

LadyPBC

OK - I love the idea becuz I wntd to start bunning my natural hair (by request of male friend). Unfortunately I jst put crochet braids in last Sat and I want to keep them in until May 1st. I just started using BlkOnyx's suggestion and I do baggy at night (ok I only did it once). I woke up this morn and my hair was still very moist (love it!!!). If you will allow me to do it this way til 5/1/10 then bun until the end of the challenge I can become official if not I'll join unofficially (smile)!

jetbeauty09

I am in! Wet bunning helped me go from chin length to shoulder length.

Wet bunning is also good for my Army weekends!

:blush: How in the world did you bun at chin length? I need to KNOW! I doubt I'd be able to do it anyway b/c my natural hair will not cooperate to go into a pony but I'd still like to know.

MissMusic

OK - I love the idea becuz I wntd to start bunning my natural hair (by request of male friend). Unfortunately I jst put crochet braids in last Sat and I want to keep them in until May 1st. I just started using BlkOnyx's suggestion and I do baggy at night (ok I only did it once). I woke up this morn and my hair was still very moist (love it!!!). If you will allow me to do it this way til 5/1/10 then bun until the end of the challenge I can become official if not I'll join unofficially (smile)!

Yep, baggying counts if you do it daily/nightly cause it takes your hair awhile to dry. So, Welcome to the challenge!

keysha1983

:blush: How in the world did you bun at chin length? I need to KNOW! I doubt I'd be able to do it anyway b/c my natural hair will not cooperate to go into a pony but I'd still like to know.

I would slick back my hair into the tiniest pony tail. Than I bought one of the fake buns from the hair store and put it on. The kind that I bought had the claw piece. I would secure the bun with lots of bobby pins.

Everyday I would co-wash. I noticed alot of retention last summer as a result.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Is a pic mandatory because I will be in braids for another 4wks, unless I post of pic I took around december, but I've gained 1 1/2 since then.

nflight

Mimimimi! Please count me in. Yay! This is my first challenge. I love this hair board soooo much. I feel like you are all my sisters that I've been waiting to meet. I'm so like a kid in a candy store here. (LOL) I want to post pix, but I can't figure it out process. Is there an idiot proof method for posting the starting pix? In a world of so much struggle and drama, LHCF is my new happy place. :_)

isawstars

ISeeStars:
Love the picture of your twists in a bun. I'd love to borrow that style. Are you natural? :)blush:eek:ops yes you are) Are those sengalese twists? What length are you? I am natural 4a/3c (maybe some 4b). Can you give me details on how you were able to do this? Sorry I'm kinda new to the natural scene (not a year yet).

Are you referring to me? You may be referring to someone else. I'm confused lol.

MissMusic

Is a pic mandatory because I will be in braids for another 4wks, unless I post of pic I took around december, but I've gained 1 1/2 since then.

Take a pic after you take the braids out, a wet shot or something along those lines.

Last edited: