Struggling with 2a/3c Hair!

PeaceofGod

I am not new to the hair care journey but I am struggling with my hair type. I am relax and use minimal heat. Yet, my hair is lifeless and dull and it was once bouncy and vibrant. I dc 1x/ wk, cowash 1x/ wk, and moisturize nightly. I always air dry too. I don't know what's wrong. I live in florida so it's always humid here and that turns my hair frizzy or flattens my curls.

For some reason I cant get past shoulder length and I rarely wear my hair down. I've been wearing it in banana clips and buns so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

If someone could help me, I would appreciate it. :giveup:

PeaceofGod

I self relax every 3 months. I used to stretch for 6 months but I couldnt stop the shedding after the 4th month, so I stopped stretching.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Actually no, i take that back. What are you using to dc and moisturize? When's the last time you clarified or used an ACV rinse?

With your hair type and chemical process, you might have more success retaining length by limiting heat. Have you tried to wear non straight styles or banding for length? I notice you say it flattens your curls...so after you relax your new growth, you still have a curly texture?

PeaceofGod

This is my regimen:

Conditioners
I cowash with V05 1x a week

I stretch my relaxers every 4-6 months or do it approximately 3x a year.

Deep condition 1x a week with UBH or Nexxus Humectress, or Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil conditioner.

I try to henna 1x a month.( I havent been doing this for months)

Moisturizers
Wave Nouvoeu
Carefree Curl Gold

Shampoos
I shampoo to clarify 1x per month.

Oils
EVOO
Almond Oil
JBCO

Vitamins
MSM (powder form)
GNC's Hair Skin and Nails
Fish oil
Biotin 7500 mcg

PeaceofGod

After I relax my hair is straight for a week even after I wash it. It's not until like 3-4 wks post relaxer that my hair curls. I only notice it after air drying.

Esthi777

OP can I ask why you relax if you enjoy your curls and the body? I have 2a/3ab hair and when I relaxed forever ago, my hair was limp and lifeless. I think I only did it because all my friends were but realized I didn't need to in order to get my hair straight. I have much more body and fullness now that I don't relax.

PeaceofGod

OP can I ask why you relax if you enjoy your curls and the body? I have 2a/3ab hair and when I relaxed forever ago, my hair was limp and lifeless. I think I only did it because all my friends were but realized I didn't need to in order to get my hair straight. I have much more body and fullness now that I don't relax.
I have considered transitioning. I was transitioning from 2009 to 2010 but I was shedding and experiencing breakage and ended up relaxing because I guess I figured I could manage that better... may end up trying it again.

silenttullip

you may need to henna like you said or add protein, I see a lot of moisture in your Reggie but no strength externally

PeaceofGod

I will try that. Also will an ACV or clarifying shampoo help? I've never done that before.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using HUAWEI-M835

Bublin

Wave Nouvoeu
Carefree Curl Gold

That's alot of glycerin. Maybe your hair doesn't like it. Try a different moisturiser.

PeaceofGod

Ok so I may be over moisturizing. Um what kinds of moisturizers don't have glycerin in it?

*CherryPie*

OP, is you newgrowth 2a/3c ? Or are you saying it LOOKS 2a/3c AFTER relaxing it?

If your natural hair is 2a/3c, maybe try transitioning again, but use garlic conditioner and pills to tame the shedding.

PeaceofGod

My new growth is a combination of 2c/3a. I think ill try transitioning again and add more protein in my Reggie.