Sunday Bible Studies - Here!

MrsIQ

That's right. We have to read for ourselves. That's how cults start. People listen to others and take their word as gospel instead of going home and studying the word.

That's also how we feed ourselves during the week when we are away from the body. We need to constantly be in the word.

Last edited:

HWAY

Is this a small church? Does the pastor have a secular job? I believe in stewardship but struggle with how some Christians give without question....

We as Christians must study and know the bible for ourselves.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I try not to be judgmental, but I'm amazed at the number of people who are cultural Christians; whose theology seems to be a mix of different faiths.

They are living in the WORLD and putting those outside things into their faith to make it okay to do certains things.

I have encounted some christians like my friend who I feel at a point is like brainwashed. She is like a assistant to the pastor and the co-pastor/wife. I think its like crazy that even though they are struggling mad crazy she would buy things like certain waters and such for the pastor using her food stamps. I know they say you are to help with the church and its a small church,but I feel like when she is struggling the church is no where to be found. I may be wrong but just something in my spirit didn't click.

We as believes must not sit in the pews each week and just accept what the pastor says. He or she is a human thus have error. We must dig in the word for ourselves and it will then truly grow us.

Yea I am that person that is like "show me that in the Bible".

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
That's right. We have to read for ourselves. That's how cults start. People listen to others and take their word as gospel instead of going home and studying the word.

That's also how we feed ourselves during the week when we are away from the body. We need to constantly be in the word.
Becoming close to Him and killing the flesh daily so that it doesnt over rule.

Is this a small church? Does the pastor have a secular job? I believe in stewardship but struggle with how some Christians give without question....

Otherwise we dont REALLY knows whats going on, just sitting there looking crazy.

MrsIQ

ZebraPrintLover said:
Becoming close to Him and killing the flesh daily so that it doesnt over rule.

Girl, you are speaking into me. I needed that word. My flesh has been trying to jump stupid lately! I know I have to spend more time in the Bible. No More Excuses!

Imma go read now! Evening ladies and I hope to see y'all here next week!

HWAY

That flesh is always trying to act crazy. I know I must study and pray before work each morning. I must pray for patience and and wisdom because otherwise I get tested every day.

It's the same for all of us. We live in the world so to stay strong, we must study and pray.

LifeafterLHCF

I'm not sure if he works outside of the church or not. I mean its one of those churches no offense to anyone where they lay hands and people fall out and stuff. I have been to a few of their major conferences and people are being like doped for money. If you want a blessing it will be on this time and date but you have to give 1010 right now in order to receive that blessing etc. I was soo hot about one of the major speakers that was at both. I thought she was on point but I think her anointing has been taken bc she is more about the money and smoke and mirrors than the word. I mean to not use the bible at all as a prophetess..makes me give the major side eye..but maybe I'm out of order.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Girl, you are speaking into me. I needed that word. My flesh has been trying to jump stupid lately! I know I have to spend more time in the Bible. No More Excuses!

Imma go read now! Evening ladies and I hope to see y'all here next week!

MrsIQ
Are you going to be freestyle reading or what? I listened to a session once on thegonow.com and it was pretty cool. Give it a look sometimes.

HWAY

GoddessMaker, listen to your inner voice. If something bothers your spirit, there is good reason.

proudofmynaps

Sorry, I'm late. I had a lot of homework to do.

From my understanding from reading 1 Corinthians 12 is that

1. we all have a gift and that gift should be shared and used to build up Christ's body, the church.

2. Ones gift is no superior than the other.

3. Only the Spirit distributes these gifts.

4. There are many different church which different background but the overall theme is God

5. There are many parts in appointed in the church but one can't take on all the roles so that why each person gift is important in building the church (body).

Feel free to add.

loolalooh

MARCH 11 WRAP-UP:

Here are some (not all) of the Spiritual Gifts:

Romans 12 - Prophecy, Service, Teaching, Encouragement, Giving, Leadership, and Mercy
1 Corinthians 12 - Message of Wisdom, Message of Knowledge, Faith, Healing, Miraculous Powers, Prophecy, Distinguishing between spirits, Speaking in Tongues, and Interpreting Tongues
Ephesians 4 - Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and Teacher

From last week: Here is a test to Determine YOUR Spiritual Gift

____________________________________________​

SUNDAY MARCH 18, 2012

Bible Study on: Matthew 5-7 (Jesus' Sermon on the Mount) :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time​

LifeafterLHCF

I will be a bit early with my thoughts as I might take nap. First I must say that was alot of reading material simple because there was alot to digest.

The areas that hit me most is 7:1 has been taken and used so horridly. I see thugs and the like use it in order not to be checked. We aren't to judge others however we are to correct and edify.

7:21 makes me scared simple because those are the worst things to ever here.

Another major area for me is not being anxious for things. In this life I see alot. I'm surrounded at my company I contract for people who have in my thought the life. The life is a good job with good pay and the ability to travel and actually enjoy yourself after bills are paid. It doesn't make matters any better that I am the only black woman there and I feel a abnormal amount of pressure to be this person but truly can't partake in the joys. But as the word says I will not add another hour to my life span worrying about things that are out of my control. This gives me comfort as I prepare for the week.

I look forward to seeing others thoughts.

MrsIQ

The area that stood out to me the most was Chapter 5, especially the first verses.
What stood out tome the most was that the demons recognized God.

We have people walking around talking about there is no God, or he is powerless and the demons were begging him not to destroy them.

That lets me know that Satan can't do a thing without the approval of God

sidney

Well, that was a lot in there to tease out, Thank you Loolalooh!

I want to focus on Matthew 5:20, Basically Christ says that our righteousness must surpass that of the Pharisees. So that means we have to work overtime to be perfect and not miss anything, right? No, I think God's criteria surpasses our outward actions of keeping the law. I think it involves deeper issues, things that are not outwardly observed. It may mean performing the law, by faith, because this pleases the father. Or making sure we are not committing sins of the heart even though we are performing the right actions. Living for Christ is just as much about "thoughts well thought",as much as a "deed well done." Not just checking off things we have to do, like the pharisees. Our righteousness must surpass this.

Psalm 139:1-2

“O Jehovah, you have searched through me, and you know me. You yourself have come to know my sitting down and my rising up. You have considered my thought from far off.

Psalm 26:2
Test me, LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind.

DaiseeDay

Verse 5:20 also stood out to me. Reading the amplified version notes that this is also foreshadowing Christ's impending death on the cross. His blood makes us much more righteous than anything the Pharisees were doing.

loolalooh

Good bible study, ladies. I purposefully laid on thick (3 chapters) this Sunday.

Here are some things that stood out to me:

MATTHEW 5:17 - Jesus did not come to abolish the law.

MATTHEW 6:9-13 - The Lord's prayer. It reminds me to come to prayer with thankfulness, asking for forgiveness, for God's will, and for deliverance from evil. It is not always about "God give me this" and never about babbling.

MATTHEW 6:14-15 - Who are we to withhold forgiveness of others?

MATTHEW 6:25-34 - God ALWAYS provides for those who seek His Kingdom first and live righteously. There is no need to worry about tomorrow.

MATTHEW 7:21-22 - These verses always sends chills down my spine. Our focus should be on doing God's will.

MATTHEW 7:26 - It is one thing to hear Jesus' teaching ... it is another to obey it. This reminds me of "faith without works is dead".

SweetSimplicity

what spoke to me from chapter 5:

-Christ is speaking of how we are to live as his followers. We are to live in such a way that when the world see us they are drawn to him.

- Christ is not only concerned with the acts we commit but with our attitudes.

- Christ calls his followers to live a radical new life. Not only are we to love those who love us but we are to love our enemies. Do good to those that hate us and use us. The same love and mercy that Christ has/is showing us we are to show others.

Chapter 6

- Everything we do is to please God and not to show others or ourselves how good we are. The purpose of prayer and fasting is to draw us closer to him.

- Our main focus in life needs to be heavenly and not on this world.

sidney

-Christ is speaking of how we are to live as his followers. We are to live in such a way that when the world see us they are drawn to him.

- Christ calls his followers to live a radical new life. Not only are we to love those who love us but we are to love our enemies. Do good to those that hate us and use us. The same love and mercy that Christ has/is showing us we are to show others.

Chapter 6

- Everything we do is to please God and not to show others or ourselves how good we are. The purpose of prayer and fasting is to draw us closer to him.

I also couldn't help but notice how many times he said reward, clearly he loves to reward. But yeah, there is no reward for performing eyeservice.

sidney

Verse 5:20 also stood out to me. Reading the amplified version notes that this is also foreshadowing Christ's impending death on the cross. His blood makes us much more righteous than anything the Pharisees were doing.

It's not in my version, what more does it say about it?

SweetSimplicity

Chapter 6

I also couldn't help but notice how many times he said reward, clearly he loves to reward. But yeah, there is no reward for performing eyeservice.

Yes he did say reward alot. Those who do good to seek the praise of men will most likely get their rewards from man. When we do things God's way seeking to please him with a pure heart. He will reward us with his blessings in this life and the next which are far better than anyone else could give us.

DaiseeDay

sidney said:
It's not in my version, what more does it say about it?

Matthew 5:17-18 (Amplified Bible)

"17 Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things [it foreshadows] are accomplished. 19 Whoever then breaks or does away with or relaxes one of the least [important] of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least [important] in the kingdom of heaven, but he who practices them and teaches others to do so shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness (your uprightness and your right standing with God) is more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

It's saying nothing will get by the law until everything it foreshadows is accomplished, which is Christ and bringing people to Him.

Which is why we can't erase it; we can't act like sin is not sin because without Christ people will be judged by it, and without recognizing it a person can't really come to Christ.

sidney

Matthew 5:17-18 (Amplified Bible)

"17 Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things [it foreshadows] are accomplished. 19 Whoever then breaks or does away with or relaxes one of the least [important] of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least [important] in the kingdom of heaven, but he who practices them and teaches others to do so shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness (your uprightness and your right standing with God) is more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

It's saying nothing will get by the law until everything it foreshadows is accomplished, which is Christ and bringing people to Him.

Which is why we can't erase it; we can't act like sin is not sin because without Christ people will be judged by it, and without recognizing it a person can't really come to Christ.

Thank you, I have that part! I thought yours stated something specifically about foreshadowing, like in the OT regarding the NT, but I. Thanks. I gotcha!

loolalooh

SUNDAY MARCH 18, 2012

Bible Study on: John 9 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Questions to consider:
1. Why was this man blind? Was it because of sin?
2. Did this man find Jesus or did Jesus find this man?
3. Why did the parents tell the Pharisees to ask the son and not them?
4. Were the Pharisees blind?
5. Are there places in our lives where we are blind?
6. Are you afraid to tell others what you have seen?

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

kila82, GoddessMaker, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, ... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

Last edited:

MrsIQ

This was a chapter that I've read before, but I got a new piece of incite that I missed before. John chapter 9 is about the blind man that received his sight.

What grabbed me most was the fact that the some of Pharisees said that Jesus couldn't be of God because he healed on the Sabbath.

Also, that they asked the blind man not once but twice how he regained his sight.

Something I'm confused about it this. What does Jesus mean when he says that in verse 41 "If you were blind, you should have no sin, but now you say, We see, therefore your sin remains."?

loolalooh

MrsIQ: He means, those who admit to being blind He will give sight. However, those who claim to see He cannot give sight. Thus, they remain blind. In other words, those who claim to be without sin remain unsaved (i.e, their sin remains, they remain blind).

Last edited:

MrsIQ

loolalooh,

Thanks so much for that. I see where that makes so much sense, but as I was readying it, I was at a lost. This is why I appreaciate this Bible Study so much.

Thanks again!

SweetSimplicity

1- The man was blind because God had a purpose to work through him by the way of performing a miracle in his life to draw him and others to Christ.

2- Jesus found the man. Jesus went to him.

3- The Parents told the Pharisees to ask the man and not them because they feared the Jews. (verses 20- 23) The Pharisees did not want to believe that Jesus was of God. They thought he was a sinner. The parents were scared of what would happen to themselves if they gave any indication that they believed the works that Jesus did.

4- The Pharisees were spiritually blind to the truth of who Jesus was.

5- I believe there are many places in our lives where we are spiritually blind. It takes the Holy spirit to open our eyes and give us spiritual sight.

Many of us were once blind to the truth of God but He has opened our eyes to reveal who he is.

Everytime I read the bible my eyes are opened to something that I never really noticed before even though I've read that chapter many times previously.