Sunday Bible Studies - Here!

sidney

I think naturalmermaid nailed it, nothing to add except I thank God for the body. Fellowship with other believers is so important. I thank God for ladies here in particular who point out to me what I can not see. That is the good thing about fellowship, someone is there to verify or falsify your claims. We are all blind, so God gave us the local church and placed us in groups were we can fellowship. There are many members in the body, we see most clearly when we are connected. More eyes to the truth of Gods word. On the humble, we need each other. I thank God for his body!

Last edited:

proudofmynaps

Sorry for the late response. Please don't stone me.:lol::lol::lol:

1. Why was this man blind? Was it because of sin?I don't think the man was blind because of his sin. He was blind because God wanted to use him as a vessel.
2. Did this man find Jesus or did Jesus find this man? Jesus found this man
3. Why did the parents tell the Pharisees to ask the son and not them? They were afraid of the Jewish leaders, who had announced that anyone saying Jesus was a Messiah would be expellled from the synagogue.
4. Were the Pharisees blind? Yes, due to their stubbornness and stupidity.Inability to believe that someone like Jesus could perform miracles on a Sabbath day. Blind to the miracle standing in front of them.

5. Are there places in our lives where we are blind? I'm know that I'm blind in several areas in my life but asking God to open my eyes so I can see more clearly.
6. Are you afraid to tell others what you have seen? I'm more comfortable telling people who are spiritual excited like me about God about what I see but not others for the fear of being looked at like a weirdo. I know that is something that I need to work on.

loolalooh

SUNDAY APRIL 8, 2012

Bible Study on: Hebrews 12 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Questions to consider:
1. What opposition/hostility did Jesus face from sinners?
2. What encouragement does God give us during our "race" (Verses 5-6)?
3. What is one (of many) ways that God loves us (Verses 7-10)?
4. How do you respond to God's discipline?
5. What is one (of the many) reasons we should endure the "race" (Verse 13)?
6. What was it like during the legal/Jewish dispensation (Verses 18-21)?
7. What is it like during the Gospel/Christian dispensation (Verses 22-24)?
8. What is the meaning of (Verse 26)? (Hint: Verse 27-28)?

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

kila82, GoddessMaker, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, ... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
TADA!!!!! I am sorry its long ladies...:look:

I hope that I am understanding this question correctly…
Is it that they didn’t look up to Jesus? He held on and ran the race that was before him while the wicked were doing evil to him.
Is that right?

2. What encouragement does God give us during our "race" (Verses 5-6)?
To stand strong and never give up. We are his children and is discipline is NOT a bad thing. He does what a earthly father would do to use….DISCIPLINE. If he corrects you keep trying, don’t give up just because you didn’t get the outcomes YOU wanted. Be happy that you are blessed with a heavenly father who wants the best of you.

3. What is one (of many) ways that God loves us (Verses 7-10)?
He disciplines us, so they we may become holy as he is. He corrects us from our mistakes and even punishes us so that we may learn what is right by Him.

I try to focus more now on HIM, he is my center. I would normally get frustrated, mad, and question God on why he allowed/ or didn’t allow certain things to happen in my life as I wanted. But its not my will, it is HIS. I could do all things to get around from HIS will, until I fell flat on my face and needed his guidance. I realized that he gave me signs of everything I asked for. I wanted things that were not of HIM and he wasn’t going to have that, not for his baby girl at least.

We go through trials that discipline us….they are things that make us stronger and wiser. I have learned that God may not remove the trials, but remember that you are never alone. So don’t turn your back on him bc that is what the devil wants. I learned about a month ago that there are 4 different types of trials: Correction, Perfection, Discipline, and Purification. If God PUTS you in these situations he will MAKE sure you are safe bc you are in obedience to him. But if you just end up in these situations bc you are hardhead then IDK what to tell you…..maybe you will fall on you face as I did and learn the VERY hard way. Just follow God because he will solve ALL of your problems, he cares! He works us through trials for our own good.

I am grateful that I now can accept him into my life and let him be the wheel of my car and guide me through life instead of me trying to take him where I wanted to be. I grew up without a father so I was never disciplined by a man, so I never understood (first hand) really what their role was….to guide and direct us in life. The Bible says he is “THE” way, and now I can truthfully agree.

Some people say that I have changed, I just say they I grew up!

5. What is one (of the many) reasons we should endure the "race" (Verse 13)?
So that we may become stronger. Follow God as the word says, then if we feel weak, we will become strong in the Lord which will help us through. The longer you run the stronger you become and the more that you can handle.
6. What was the legal/Jewish dispensation (Verses 18-21)?
IDK about this answer either but what I did understand is that at Mount Sinai the were I guess you can say scared of God, or to become close to him bc of getting stoned to death……Is this right?

7. What is the Gospel/Christian dispensation (Verses 22-24)?
IDK about this answer either but what I did understand is that at Mount Zion, its was the total opposite from Sinai. The people could come to God and not fear….like as we can today!

That he IS coming back and only the believers in him will LIVE!

loolalooh

TADA!!!!! I am sorry its long ladies...:look:

Lol. Long, short, etc. It's all good. :)

I hope that I am understanding this question correctly…
Is it that they didn’t look up to Jesus? He held on and ran the race that was before him while the wicked were doing evil to him.
Is that right?

Yep.:yep: Here's more from: http://bible.cc/hebrews/12-3.htm

For consider him - Attentively reflect on his example that you may be able to bear your trials in a proper manner.

That endured such contradiction of sinners - Such opposition. The reference is to the Jews of the time of the Saviour, who opposed his plans, perverted his sayings, and ridiculed his claims. Yet, regardless of their opposition, he persevered in the course which he had marked out, and went patiently forward in the execution of his plans. The idea is, that we are to pursue the path of duty and follow the dictates of conscience, let the world say what they will about it. In doing this we cannot find a better example than the Saviour. No opposition of sinners ever turned him from the way which he regarded as right; no ridicule ever caused him to abandon any of his plans; no argument, or expression of scorn, ever caused him for a moment to deviate from his course.

loolalooh

I try to focus more now on HIM, he is my center. I would normally get frustrated, mad, and question God on why he allowed/ or didn’t allow certain things to happen in my life as I wanted. But its not my will, it is HIS. I could do all things to get around from HIS will, until I fell flat on my face and needed his guidance. I realized that he gave me signs of everything I asked for. I wanted things that were not of HIM and he wasn’t going to have that, not for his baby girl at least.

We go through trials that discipline us….they are things that make us stronger and wiser. I have learned that God may not remove the trials, but remember that you are never alone. So don’t turn your back on him bc that is what the devil wants. I learned about a month ago that there are 4 different types of trials: Correction, Perfection, Discipline, and Purification. If God PUTS you in these situations he will MAKE sure you are safe bc you are in obedience to him. But if you just end up in these situations bc you are hardhead then IDK what to tell you…..maybe you will fall on you face as I did and learn the VERY hard way. Just follow God because he will solve ALL of your problems, he cares! He works us through trials for our own good.

I am grateful that I now can accept him into my life and let him be the wheel of my car and guide me through life instead of me trying to take him where I wanted to be. I grew up without a father so I was never disciplined by a man, so I never understood (first hand) really what their role was….to guide and direct us in life. The Bible says he is “THE” way, and now I can truthfully agree.

Some people say that I have changed, I just say they I grew up!

Beautiful!:reddancer:

SweetSimplicity

Just wanted to add to questions 6 - 8

6. What was it like during the legal dispensation?

According to the side notes in my bible, " MT. Sinai symbolizes the law, sacrificial system and Aaronic priesthood."

7. What is the Gospel/Christian dispensation?

Mt Zion represents the new covenant. Believers can go directly to God without fear because Jesus is the mediator between God and Man.

8. What is the meaning of Verse 26?

I think that it means that Christ will once and for all destroy all manner of evil in the world and those things/people that are of him will remain with him forever.???

PinkPebbles

I learned about a month ago that there are 4 different types of trials: Correction, Perfection, Discipline, and Purification. If God PUTS you in these situations he will MAKE sure you are safe bc you are in obedience to him.

I'm going to remember the bolded :yep:!

Thanks for sharing!!!

loolalooh

Just wanted to add to questions 6 - 8

6. What was it like during the legal dispensation?

According to the side notes in my bible, " MT. Sinai symbolizes the law, sacrificial system and Aaronic priesthood."

7. What is the Gospel/Christian dispensation?

Mt Zion represents the new covenant. Believers can go directly to God without fear because Jesus is the mediator between God and Man.

8. What is the meaning of Verse 26?

I think that it means that Christ will once and for all destroy all manner of evil in the world and those things/people that are of him will remain with him forever.???

naturalmermaid:

Yep.:yep:

Here's more on Verse 26:

Paul (in Hebrews 12:26) is quoting Haggai 2:6-7 in which the Lord was giving a message through the prophet Haggai:

HAGGAI 2:6-7:
"6 “For thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; 7 and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations,[a] and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the Lord of hosts."

One common interpretation of the Haggai verses is that it refers to the "shakings" that occurred with the first coming of Christ and the introduction of the Gospel. Paul references this "shaking" and goes on to further explain that those things which are temporary will be removed and those built on a permanent basis (e.g., the Kingdom of God, those standing on solid foundation {see Matthew 7:24-27}) will remain.

The shakings: http://bible.cc/hebrews/12-27.htm

And this word, Yet once more - That is, this reference to a great agitation or commotion in some future time. This is designed as an explanation of the prophecy in Haggai, and the idea is, that there would be such agitations that everything which was not fixed on a permanent and immovable basis would be thrown down as in an earthquake. Everything which was temporary in human institutions; everything which was wrong in customs and morals; and everything in the ancient system of religion, which was merely of a preparatory and typical character, would be removed. What was of permanent value would be retained, and a kingdom would be established which nothing could move. The effect of the gospel would be to overturn everything which was of a temporary character in the previous system, and everything in morals which was not founded on a solid basis, and to set up in the place of it principles which no revolution and no time could change. The coming of the Saviour, and the influence of his religion on mankind, had this effect in such respects as the following:

(1) All that was of a sound and permanent nature in the Jewish economy was retained; all that was typical and temporary was removed. The whole mass of sacrifices and ceremonies that were designed to prefigure the Messiah of course then ceased; all that was of permanent value in the Law of God, and in the principles of religion, was incorporated in the new system, and perpetuated.

(2) the same is true in regard to morals. There was much truth on the earth before the time of the Saviour; but it was intermingled with much that was false. The effect of his coming has been to distinguish what is true and what is false; to give permanency to the one, and to cause the other to vanish.

(3) the same is true of religion, There are some views of religion which men have by nature which are correct; there are many which are false. The Christian religion gives permanence and stability to the one and causes the other to disappear. And in general, it may be remarked, that the effect of Christianity is to give stability to all that is founded on truth, and to drive error from the world. Christ came that he might destroy all the systems of error - that is, all that could he shaken on earth, and to confirm all that is true. The result of all will be that he will preside over a permanent kingdom, and that his people will inherit "a kingdom which cannot be moved;" Hebrews 12:28.

The removing of those things that are shaken - Margin, more correctly "may be." The meaning is, that those principles of religion and morals which were not founded on truth would be removed by his coming.

As of things that are made - Much perplexity has been felt by expositors in regard to this phrase, but the meaning seems to be plain. The apostle is contrasting the things which are fixed and stable with those which are temporary in their nature, or which are settled on no firm foundation. The former he speaks of as if they were uncreated and eternal principles of truth and righteousness. The latter he speaks of as if they were created, and therefore liable, like all things which are "made," to decay, to change, to dissolution.

That those things which cannot be shaken may remain - The eternal principles of truth, and law, and righteousness. These would enter into the new kingdom which was to be set up, and of course that kingdom would be permanent. These are not changed or modified by time, circumstances, human opinions, or laws. They remain the same from age to age, in every land, and in all worlds, They have been permanent in all the fluctuations of opinion; in all the varied forms of government on earth; in all the revolutions of states and empires. To bring out these is the result of the events of divine Providence, and the object of the coming of the Redeemer; and on these principles that great kingdom is to be reared which is to endure forever and ever.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I'm going to remember the bolded :yep:!

Thanks for sharing!!!

@PinkPebbles, have you read about it before?
If not I will tell you a little about what I wrote down during the sermon.
- Jonah went through the trial of correction
- Paul went through the trial of purification
We discussed Genesis 39:6-14
40:8
41:14-16, 38-40
45:4-8
that day maybe that will help elaborate on what I was trying to say and give you more information on the trials.

That he IS coming back and only the believers in him will LIVE!

One common interpretation of the Haggai verses is that it refers to the "shakings" that occurred with the first coming of Christ and the introduction of the Gospel. Paul references this "shaking" and goes on to further explain that those things which are temporary will be removed and those built on a permanent basis (e.g., the Kingdom of God, those standing on solid foundation {see Matthew 7:24-27}) will remain.

@loolalooh, the bold IS what I was thinking. I havent read it anywhere yet but I am assuming this will be the last LIFE, right?

And also when ppl die right now do they go to Heaven right now or what?

Last edited:

SweetSimplicity

@naturalmermaid:

Yep.:yep:

Here's more on Verse 26:

Paul (in Hebrews 12:26) is quoting Haggai 2:6-7 in which the Lord was giving a message through the prophet Haggai:

Loolalooh,

Thanks! This was enlightening. I felt lead to read Revelation 21. These are some verses that stood out to me.

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

4. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

In reference to the new Jerusalem:
27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

loolalooh

@loolalooh, the bold IS what I was thinking. I havent read it anywhere yet but I am assuming this will be the last LIFE, right?

And also when ppl die right now do they go to Heaven right now or what?

ZebraPrintLover:

First Question: Technically no. The spiritual life will not be a continuation of this life we are living. Believers will have a new, second, eternal life (in new spiritual bodies) after this earthly one. Those who are still alive during Christ's second coming will have their bodies transformed. Those who are dead will be raised from the dead and then have their bodies transformed.

Second Question: Yes, believers go to heaven http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 5:6-9&version=NLT. :)

Loolalooh,

Thanks! This was enlightening. I felt lead to read Revelation 21. These are some verses that stood out to me.

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

4. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

In reference to the new Jerusalem:
27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

naturalmermaid:

Thanks for bringing up Revelations 21. This is a very relevant Scripture. :)

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
@ZebraPrintLover:

First Question: Technically no. The spiritual life will not be a continuation of this life we are living. Believers will have a new, second, eternal life (in new spiritual bodies) after this earthly one. Those who are still alive during Christ's second coming will have their bodies transformed. Those who are dead will be raised from the dead and then have their bodies transformed.

loolalooh, So basically we are the last ppl to live on Earth? This is hard for me to say cause I already dont know what I am saying, sorry.:spinning:
So there wont be another Noah or anyone to collect ppl and animals so that they may reproduce. Is that making sense now?:ohwell:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

Is the bold referring to everyone or just the ppl that passed. Like, there will be no more death, sorrow, or crying for ME? Or like FOREVER and EVERYONE....PERIOD!?

loolalooh

loolalooh, So basically we are the last ppl to live on Earth? This is hard for me to say cause I already dont know what I am saying, sorry.:spinning:
So there wont be another Noah or anyone to collect ppl and animals so that they may reproduce. Is that making sense now?:ohwell:

ZebraPrintLover:

I see what you're saying. Yes, we are the last people to live on Earth. No, there will never be another Noah situation:

GENESIS 9
8 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: 9 “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you 10 and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. 11 I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.

Is the bold referring to everyone or just the ppl that passed. Like, there will be no more death, sorrow, or crying for ME? Or like FOREVER and EVERYONE....PERIOD!?

There will be no more death, sorrow, or crying for believers (those who are alive and those who have passed). Never again. Forever. But this does not apply to non-believers.

PinkPebbles

@PinkPebbles, have you read about it before?
If not I will tell you a little about what I wrote down during the sermon.
- Jonah went through the trial of correction
- Paul went through the trial of purification
We discussed Genesis 39:6-14
40:8
41:14-16, 38-40
45:4-8
that day maybe that will help elaborate on what I was trying to say and give you more information on the trials.

@ZebraPrintLover no I haven't heard it the way you broke it down. Thank you for sharing the examples and feel free to share more of the sermon!

loolalooh

SUNDAY APRIL 15, 2012

Bible Study on: 1 Samuel 1 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Questions to consider:
1. Who kept Hannah from having children (Verses 5-6)?
2. Who later granted Hannah a son (Verses 19-20, Verse 27)?
3. Given the answers to Questions #1 and #2, what does this tell us about God?
4. How does Hannah factor the Lord into her prayer request (Verse 11)? Do you factor God into your prayer requests?
5. Why did Eli think Hannah had been drinking (Verses 13-16)?
6. After praying to the Lord, do you still worry or feel sad? If so, why? What can we learn from Hannah (Verse 18)?
7. Have you ever gone through a time of "barrenness"?
8. Do you remember God after He has ended your "barrenness" and/or granted your request?

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

kila82, GoddessMaker, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, ... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
1.Who kept Hannah from having children (Verses 5-6)?
God

God

That we have to wait on the correct timing from the Lord. We are on God’s clock not our own, so continue to trust in the Lord and remain dedicated to him.

4. How does Hannah factor the Lord into her prayer request (Verse 11)? Do you factor God into your prayer requests?
Hannah makes a promise to God, that if he gives her a son, she will return him back to the Lord. So basically she made a promise to him.

I have in the past but I don’t do it on the regular. The last time I bargained with him was around December 2011, he did answer my prayers and that’s why I am here with you ladies today.

5. Why did Eli think Hannah had been drinking (Verses 13-16)?
Because he seen her lips moving but didn’t hear any words.

6. After praying to the Lord, do you still worry or feel sad? If so, why? What can we learn from Hannah (Verse 18)?
Sometimes I do still worry, that is mainly because I am trying to fix things myself even after I have prayed. I know that you are suppose to give your burden to the Lord, and once you do that your suppose to leave it alone and not worry. I kinda think of it as going out to eat, you place your order (prayer) and you except for the waiter to come back with your exact order and nothing more. You don’t doubt or worry the entire time that he/she will bring back someone else order, so why would you doubt that God wont answer your prayers?

After reading about Hannah, I learned that…
1.To be open and honest with the Lord when you pray and tell him how you really feel.
2.Give your problems to him and let him solve it for you, STOP trying to be Mr. Fix-It.

Related to getting pregnant? Uh no…..
Related to anything then my answer would be yes.

8. Do you remember God after He has ended your "barrenness" and/or granted your request?
Heck yea because I made a promise. He done his part, now I just gotta do mines.

loolalooh

Sometimes I do still worry, that is mainly because I am trying to fix things myself even after I have prayed. I know that you are suppose to give your burden to the Lord, and once you do that your suppose to leave it alone and not worry. I kinda think of it as going out to eat, you place your order (prayer) and you except for the waiter to come back with your exact order and nothing more. You don’t doubt or worry the entire time that he/she will bring back someone else order, so why would you doubt that God wont answer your prayers?

After reading about Hannah, I learned that…
1.To be open and honest with the Lord when you pray and tell him how you really feel.
2.Give your problems to him and let him solve it for you, STOP trying to be Mr. Fix-It.

Love it! Especially the waiter analogy. :)

JessieLeleB

this is the first time I read that scripture and enjoyed it, sounds like my issues with relationships and being single while all my friends are getting married, I will apply this to my next prayer, Thanks!

LaFemmeNaturelle

1. Who kept Hannah from having children (Verses 5-6)?
God

God

HE IS the Great I am! He is all that we ever need him to be, as long as we put our TOTAL faith in him. This made me think of one of the quotes I put on my facebook page years ago and it rings truer and truer as I get older-- Total faith + Total Obedience= TOTAL BLESSINGS

By factor do you mean bargaining with God? I don't totally understand the question because my first thought was "how can one pray to God without God being factored into it?"

5. Why did Eli think Hannah had been drinking (Verses 13-16)? From the outside looking in, looks like she was just running her mouth but not saying anything. (I actually wondered about this. Sometimes when I'm in church, I just pray with my heart and I am disturbed when ministers or praise leaders try to make the congregation feel bad for not hooting and hollering and jumping all over the place. When the spirit leads me, my voice will cry out. But sometimes I am led to pray on the inside but am made to feel that is wrong when clearly it is not.

I try not to but sometimes I do and that's because I have not truly cast my cares on him. But Hannah is an example for us to remember that once we give it to God, we should worry no more.
SN: What about those who say we should ask for things repeatedly? I was reading one of the singles threads earlier and someone mentioned that women should continuously pray for their husband. Why? Didn't he hear us the first time? Does he want us to keep praying for the same thing or do we begin to sound like a kid who keeps pulling on mommy's dress so we can go to the park?

Not in the common definition of the word but I am oftentimes unproductive when I make efforts not to be. But once I take it to him, everything takes off. Just like with Hannah. She went to him in prayer and he blessed her. So there are particular areas of my life and things that might seem small to the next person where I always have to remember to depend on Him to bring me through and he has never let me down.

8. Do you remember God after He has ended your "barrenness" and/or granted your request? YES ALWAYS! I remember him through serving him and sharing my story with others.

Last edited:

loolalooh

HE IS the Great I am! He is all that we ever need him to be, as long as we put our TOTAL faith in him. This made me think of one of the quotes I put on my facebook page years ago and it rings truer and truer as I get older-- Total faith + Total Obedience= TOTAL BLESSINGS

Great quote! Taking a mental note of this.

loolalooh

By factor do you mean bargaining with God? I don't totally understand the question because my first thought was "how can one pray to God without God being factored into it?"

LaFemmeNaturelle:

Good question. Not necessarily bargaining, but considering God in one's requests. Some people ask God for things without considering His will or even how those things will glorify Him.

loolalooh

I try not to but sometimes I do and that's because I have not truly cast my cares on him. But Hannah is an example for us to remember that once we give it to God, we should worry no mo.
SN: What about those who say we should ask for things repeatedly? I was reading one of the singles threads earlier and someone mentioned that women should continuously pray for their husband. Why? Didn't he hear us the first time? Does he want us to keep praying for the same thing or do we begin to sound like a kid who keeps pulling on mommy's dress so we can go to the park?

LaFemmeNaturelle:

IMO, praying without ceasing is more for us than for God. You are right; God does hear us the first time. But continually praying helps us to build our faith and relationship with the Lord. It helps to strengthen us spiritually and increases our prayer life.

1 Thessalonians 5
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

LaFemmeNaturelle:

Good question. Not necessarily bargaining, but considering God in one's requests. Some people ask God for things without considering His will or even how those things will glorify Him.

Ok thanks for clarifying and I understand. Yes I think it's important to always ask for things in his will. Sometimes I get confused because I'll pray for something and then say....IF this is your will and if not I pray for peace and understanding. So I get confused because I remember a sermon about being firm and specific in what we ask for (don't remember the scriptures used) but I guess I ask for what I want and then pray for God to reveal to me what HE wants if what I want is not in his plans. So why even ask for what I want when he already knows my hearts and desires but he also already has a plan for me? But I guess my going to him and asking for it shows him that I am depending on him? I know that probably made no sense lol

LaFemmeNaturelle

LaFemmeNaturelle:

IMO, praying without ceasing is more for us than for God. You are right; God does hear us the first time. But continually praying helps us to build our faith and relationship with the Lord. It helps to strengthen us spiritually and increases our prayer life.

1 Thessalonians 5

Makes sense. I usually pray for the same things "a prayerful spirit, humbleness, leading me away from temptation and harm" but always feel weary about praying for something more specific over and over. I think I prayed to get in Case Western's School of Medicine about a thousand times. But it wasnt what he wanted for me and I thank him for sending me to Meharry.

I'm sorry ya'll. All of my thoughts are really incomplete and just scrambling around my head. I should probably go post in random thoughts thread and stop confusing ya'll:lachen:

EEK you quoted me saying "no mo":nono:

SweetSimplicity

1.Who kept Hannah from Having Children?
God
2. Who later granted Hannah a son?
God
3.Given the answers to questions #2 and #3 What does this tell us about God?
He can do all things. God loves us and he will answer our prayers at his time, according to his will and for his purposes.

4.How does Hannah factor God into her prayer requests Do you factor God into your prayer requests?

Hannah pours out her heart to God. She promises to dedicate her desired son to the Lord if he answers her petition.

5. Eli thought Hannah had been drinking because her lips were moving but she was not speaking. She was praying silently. I often pray this way.

6. Soon after praying to the lord I usually feel better and at peace. I will sometimes worry later but will pray again and remember all the times God has come through for me. Hannah was no longer sad after she prayed.

7. I've gone through many times of "bareness". God always came through! I wasn't always patient, often questioned why? but deep down always had faith and continue to have faith that he will come through in a mighty way in a current situation I'm going through. What else can I do but trust God? He has come through before and will again. I truly believe that God allows these times of "bareness" in my life to draw me into a deeper relationship with him.

8. I always give God the Glory when he comes through. To be honest when it seems like everything is going well in my life I do spend less time with him. I am working to be more disciplined in my prayer life and bible study. I needed to make more of an effort to spend time with the Lord in times of "bareness" and times of plenty.

SweetSimplicity

Makes sense. I usually pray for the same things "a prayerful spirit, humbleness, leading me away from temptation and harm" but always feel weary about praying for something more specific over and over. I think I prayed to get in Case Western's School of Medicine about a thousand times. But it wasnt what he wanted for me and I thank him for sending me to Meharry.

I'm sorry ya'll. All of my thoughts are really incomplete and just scrambling around my head. I should probably go post in random thoughts thread and stop confusing ya'll:lachen:

EEK you quoted me saying "no mo":nono:

I sometimes feel the same way as the bolded too. I get tired of asking for the same thing. Sometimes when I feel like that I just tell God. " God you know my needs and my wants I'm just going to trust that you will come through when the time is right according to your will" and then I just leave that specific request to God and won't pray about it until I feel burdened to pray about it again.