Is the Tangle Teezer Worth It?

• Yes, I can't live without it!

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • No, girl.

Votes: 15 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loolalooh

I believe it's worth it on damp hair with conditioner (my conditioner of choice Aussie Moist). I normally use 3 combs (wide, medium and fine), the tangle teezer eliminated all three for me.

You sound like me. Then I said to heck with the fine comb. Then I replaced the medium comb with a paddle brush. It would be amazing if the tangle teezer could eliminate it all.

loolalooh

Thanks for all the input and usage tips, ladies! I'll pick one up tomorrow, try it Saturday, and be back with an update Sunday/Monday.

virtuenow

The tangle teezer is the best thing I've done for my natural 4b hair in 2yrs (along w/ oil rinses). You can see my review on the link ebonyeyes posted. I used to take 4-6hrs to finger detangle; now I take no time. I use it on my dry hair, its like butta.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Long Hair Care Forum App

abcd09

I mustve been doing it wrong because my tangle teezer took out hair. I had conditioner in and some balls came out. But I'm 17 weeks post relaxer. maybe it works differently on natural hair versus stretchers.

JustDoIt

I will never use this product again. I tried it and so much hair came out and I had so many broken pieces... for me it was as bad as using a fine teeth comb in my hair so I would stay away if I were you. I have somewhat thick 4b hair. I tried detangling on dry hair because my hair breaks a lot when wet.

afrofaithful

idk...I'm still kind of up in arms over it. I've been getting a lot of breakage from it, but I just can't tell if it's normal or not. I'm going to invest in a seamless bone comb and compare the two...

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I forgot to add that I also use it to spread my conditioner. I think the TT is a good product but I wouldn't use it as my primary tool for detangling, I need to use a comb too. Maybe my tune will change after I'm completely natural

Roux

i'm transitioning and 11 months post and I LOVE it detangles like a dream. I just got done using it. Detangled my entire head in less than 10 minutes.

MizzBrown

I got the purple one and regret it b/c my hair blends in and I cant see how much shed hair is coming out.

I should've got the pink one.

beana

I'm 6.5 months post and I tried it today... I wasn't in love with it, but I think it would work better on 100% natural hair. I notice my natural hair was smooth after using it, but it did pull out a lot of my relaxed ends. I had to detangle with my Jilbere comb first in order to get it through my hair.

Final verdict: I'll wait to use it again when im 100% natural, it was not effective on my transitioning 4a/b hair.

toinette

Tricking the president
I mainly use the TT to distribute my conditioner on wet hair. and for some reason i find that it really defines curl pattern

Honi

There is no board.
Love it on my daughters 4b hair. I can't believe how I survived this long without it. Was dream after an oil rinse. Thanks Virtuenow!

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

virtuenow

Love it on my daughters 4b hair. I can't believe how I survived this long without it. Was dream after an oil rinse. Thanks Virtuenow!

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Honi, you're welcome, I'm so glad it worked! I wondered where the TT and oil rinses have been my whole life, so I had to share :yep:. I'll have to ask you which way you like it best later.

abcd09

I'm 6.5 months post and I tried it today... I wasn't in love with it, but I think it would work better on 100% natural hair. I notice my natural hair was smooth after using it, but it did pull out a lot of my relaxed ends. I had to detangle with my Jilbere comb first in order to get it through my hair.

Final verdict: I'll wait to use it again when im 100% natural, it was not effective on my transitioning 4a/b hair.
Ditto, 4 months post. I would say not good for transitioning or long term stretching.

LushLox

I picked up one of these today. I wish I could have found it for for the equivalent of $1.50, unfortunately it is £9.99 all day long! Anyway hopefully this will work nicely in my sons hair.

Louisex3

hmm, i dunno, it does what it says, it does tease out those tangles, effortlessly and painlessly, but i am a skeptic, i swear that i was looking more hair using it, than i was with my wide toothed comb
i used it twice and haven't touched it since, i'm scared i was loosing too much hair
may try it again tonight after i wash my DC out

reeko43

I thought I was the only transitioner having trouble with the tangle teezer. So many people were claiming that the tt was melting through their hair like butter that I started to think that I had alien hair! (and by the way, I did read the instructions and used the tool as advised) I am six months post and the tt took more of my hair out than a regular comb does. I also have different textures of hair other than the permed. The tt reallly rips my hair in the crown area which is the most coarse. It works fine on my new growth that is not really kinky. I may revisit when i am ever completely natural as well. I have started detangling with my fingers and then using a wide tooth shower comb. I have also just started using a homemade shea butter mix that is really working well for me. I think I am going to just start sticking to the natural products and my fingers for a successful transition.

Niapb

I LOVE the Tangle Teezer. I'm 100% natural and tenderheaded and usually detangling SUCKS. Just recently bought the tangle teezer and I've used it on dry hair with no product, dry with product, sopping wet hair with conditioner, sopping wet hair with no conditioner. The teeth feel like they're flimsy so when I first used it it felt like it wasn't doing anything, but when I ran my comb through my hair after detangling with the tangle teezer my hair felt like butter. And I had NO shed hair. Best product for natural hair yet!

Danewshe

ITA with all of the above. I bought mine a few weeks ago since so many were suggesting it here. I love it. i've tried it on dry hair, wet hair, damp hair, etc to see if I would get consistent results. It's a win-win for me. I just did not like knowing that it sells for $1.50 in Europe and $9.99 at Sally's here.

Really? Where? I'm in London and I just paid £10.20, around $16 dollers!

JJamiah

I am 7 months post and this thing is a winner I am not a 4 but I have a lot of volume LOL! It glides through my hair like butter I love this thing.

I used it in my cousins hair yesterdaywho is a natural 4a and I was using the comb and it was resistant. I whipped out that TT and it was gliding through, got that comb back and it was gliding through. :woohoo: I love the Tangle Teezer LOVE LOVE LOVE! IT.

Don't want your tangle teezer, I am taking collections :giggle:

Give it another try though.

Pooks

So I couldn't wait til I washed my hair to try the TT. I am in the middle of taking down 3 week old canerows. I loved the TT - tried it in direct comparison with my Denman D41 on equal sizes of uncombed hair (finger smoothed with no knots). It removed my sheds and detangled effortlessly, no pain. I used my Denman under exactly the same conditions, same size section of hair n everything, and the Denman removed my sheddies but it hurt i.e. it was pulling out other hairs as well as the sheddies!! I think I'm about to retire my Denman!