*~* The Aloe Vera Challenge *~*

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Did an aloe rinse tonight - straight up - I think I'll stick to this or figure out which tea that I've been putting in leaves a "film" behind. (Think it's the marshamallow root powder - makes my hair feel so thick but I'm not about it).

Tiye

I added aloe vera juice in my leave in conditioner for more mositure.

I still have mine purchased in 2010 I think. I slacked off on using it after a while.

I used to add gelled aloe juice to my shampoos but I haven't done that in a while. This summer I'm using aloe shampoo and conditioner (Jason). I figured it was easier to buy the products pre-mixed. Next I think I'll order some aloe plants so I can have the fresh cut leaf whenever I want it. Who knew you could order plants on amazon?

fatimablush

i haven't been feeling well and my texlaxed hair was tangled and neglected.

i spritzed my hair with my concotion and the tangled hair was untangled within minutes.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Not a part of this challenge but just want to add -- normally I use avj without much success. My scalp is feeling a little tender/sensitive (not sure why) so last night I spritz ng only with avj and o/n baggy. Ng felt moisturized this morning. I spritzed ng again before leaving for work just to see if the baggy made the difference in the moisturizing benefits of avj.

Checking in, GHE'd overnight with Ake vera juice, Hair came out soft and moisturized :)

lindsaywhat, avj only or did you also apply oil?

Spritzing on a daily for mosture before sealing with oil. Today i did a final rinse after my dcing. My hair is so soft and manageable at 13 weeks post relaxer.

Do you ever spritz your whole head or ng only Hairroots. Also, how are you doing the final rinse...do you rinse DC out first then apply avj? do you rinse avj out also?

Hairroots

divachyk. Good morning. I spritz only my new growth on a daily with AVJ. When I do my final rinse from DCing I rinse my conditioner out first before rinising with AVJ and I leave that final rinse in before adding my leave ins. Girl, I got my steamer. It's the professional stand up with rollers. I can't wait until this weekend to get my steam on. Lol!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@divachyk. Good morning. I spritz only my new growth on a daily with AVJ. When I do my final rinse from DCing I rinse my conditioner out first before rinising with AVJ and I leave that final rinse in before adding my leave ins. Girl, I got my steamer. It's the professional stand up with rollers. I can't wait until this weekend to get my steam on. Lol!

Congrats :yay: Hairroots!

shortt29

Hairroots said:
divachyk. Good morning. I spritz only my new growth on a daily with AVJ. When I do my final rinse from DCing I rinse my conditioner out first before rinising with AVJ and I leave that final rinse in before adding my leave ins. Girl, I got my steamer. It's the professional stand up with rollers. I can't wait until this weekend to get my steam on. Lol!

I want a steamer too!!!!

ladysaraii

Washed hair and rinsed with my AVJ.

I'm noticing how soft my hair is remaining and I really don't have to moisturize through the week.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Did a final rinse today after my cowash with Aloe vera juice (some tea and a splash of acv):lick:

ladysaraii

Call me crazy, but I think that I'm starting to see the edges on my left side start to fill in. There has been a tragic little spot ever since I had braids a few years ago tha has never come in right.

It's probably too soon to tell, it might just be the way my hair was laying that day, but I'll keep my eye on it!

virtuenow

Adding aloe vera juice and coconut oil before I go swimming today :yep:. I can't wait to try avj with wheat germ oil. Is there anyone doing this?

naturalagain2

I after washing my hair last night I sprayed my hair with AVJ. My hair got softer and looked like a fluffy cloud! This is my first time using it on my hair (the past times I used it I had in Senegalese twist and sprayed my AVJ). My hair feel so soft and fluffy today!