The BEST Vitamins for Hair Growth are. . . (drumrolls please...)

sengschick

The Bun Master
Viviscal (actually low on vits, but great for cranking out hair) and Phytophanere Hair & Nails (b-complex w/wheatgerm and fish oil) that stuff is wonderful, your hair shines and nails transform. Doesn't claim growth but health benefits, but all the same it gives me an extra 1/4-1/2" per month. /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif
That's all I need /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Carlie

One of the MANY things about MSM that makes it SO beneficial is that it extends the growth phase of the hair, allowing the hair to grow to longer lengths without shedding as much. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ETA: MSM helps the body to produce stronger hair. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

morehairplease

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd take ultranourish hair, biotin and silica. horsetail tea too /images/graemlins/grin.gif it's not a vitamin(well not in pill form lol) so i'm not cheating /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

RE:horsetail tea: do you mind telling me where you get this and what brand you use? Also,how long do you let it steep? TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

hi, i get it from the wholefood store. i'll have to get back to you on the brand. when i go home i'll check the label. so i'll pm you monday. when i drink tea i just leave the bag in there the entire time. i did get an increase in growth with this combo, not sure exactly how much bc don't measure. i stopped simply bc i stopped being consistent and there's no need in wasting ur money on viatmins and things if u aren't going to be consistent. i might start back though. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks so much for replying back! I look forward to hearing from you about the brand!!! Thanks again!

morehairplease

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd take ultranourish hair, biotin and silica. horsetail tea too /images/graemlins/grin.gif it's not a vitamin(well not in pill form lol) so i'm not cheating /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

RE:horsetail tea: do you mind telling me where you get this and what brand you use? Also,how long do you let it steep? TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

hi, i get it from the wholefood store. i'll have to get back to you on the brand. when i go home i'll check the label. so i'll pm you monday. when i drink tea i just leave the bag in there the entire time. i did get an increase in growth with this combo, not sure exactly how much bc don't measure. i stopped simply bc i stopped being consistent and there's no need in wasting ur money on viatmins and things if u aren't going to be consistent. i might start back though. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks so much for replying back! I look forward to hearing from you about the brand!!! Thanks again!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I can't live without my MSM, Biotin and B-Complex. I would go insane!!!! </font> /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Carlie

From all of the responses, looks like biotin is another must-have for growth! /images/graemlins/up.gif

Carlie

Thanks Ladies!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif ....feel free to keep 'em comin'... /images/graemlins/user.gif

asha

Great thread Carlie...love the scenario.

I have a request...as I read the responses I am making a list to see what vitamin (s) are the top 3 overall (so far Biotin is definately #1). I was wondering if people could list the brand of their vitamins..for instance my top three would be

Puritan's pride Biotin
puritan's pride pantothenic acid
Kaire MSM complex

Just so people can see what brands are tops overall...may help someone when making a decision on what vitamin to get and from where.

Thanks all..keep the answers coming

Carlie

Asha, for biotin, I use the Nature's Bounty brand (which is the same as the PP). For MSM, I use the TriMedica brand. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

dreamgurl

Ultra Nourishair
Cod Liver Oil/Fish Oil (Carlson's brand)
Metagreens, Metaberry and Aloe Gold (mix it all in apple juice)

Cowgirl

Andrew Lessmans - Healthy Hair, Skin &amp; Nails

So Carlie, Have you started compiling this list yet /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

DangerouslyShy

what does the MSM do? i take biotin now what would you suggest i take with it...I take a b complex vitamin as well...

any suggestions...?

InsertCleverNameHere

I would say VITAMINS SUCK!!!! But then again I don't think I've ever taken one long enough and consistently anough to tell the difference /images/graemlins/look.gif

bajanplums1

[ QUOTE ]
I would say VITAMINS SUCK!!!! But then again I don't think I've ever taken one long enough and consistently anough to tell the difference /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

seems that your hair grows fine without them.

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
So Carlie, Have you started compiling this list yet /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhh /images/graemlins/look.gif....I'm working on it!!! /images/graemlins/user.gif