The Cellophane and Clear Rinse Thread

neenee280

oh yeah...btw...I relaxed and did a colorshowers combo on 6/27 (too hot too stretch!)-

Gold
Caraoco (i think that is how it is spelled)
Ginger

I really miss my rojomissio. Those three didnt even make my color POP. But my hair felt good!

Eisani

My BFF was teasing me about my "urnge" hands when I was buying all that colorshowers in NY. OH WELL because I know it only lasts a day or 2. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I always seem to forget to put the gloves back on when it's time to rinse it out. Makes my fingernails look sick :lachen: BTW, I know it's not your beloved rojisimo, but your hair still looks good to me!

delp

Does anyone Henna and do the clear rinse?

I admit I have not read the entire thread...

SoSweet08

Does anyone Henna and do the clear rinse?

I admit I have not read the entire thread...

That's the same questions that I had. I think I read a while back that you shouldn't henna and do the rinse though.

I really want to try this but want to use henna as well :(

Can anyone reccommend a product that will make your hair stronger and appear thicker (similar to henna), that can be used with this?

Last edited:

Eisani

IDK, I've only used henna for conditioning purposes. It's mixed like crazy, like 50 mg in 32 oz of cheapie conditioner infused w/amla, shikakai, EVOO, honey and EVCO. I mix it and use immediately so there's no color release for about an hour w/o heat, rinse then f/u w/moisturizing poo and dc. You definitely get stronger, thicker hair. I will say. I only started doing this not too long ago and haven't done a rinse since May because I'm CWing so often so I'm not sure how it'll react w/a rinse. Lemme see what I can find, if anything.

ETA: From hennaforhair.com...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Body art quality henna can be used over commercial hair dye and other chemical residue in hair.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Body art quality henna does not have metallic salts, and can be applied over synthetic dyes! How do you know if you've got body art quality henna? Know your supplier! Mehandi, and the other suppliers listed at Henna for Hair Suppliers have body art quality henna!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The only way to find out if YOUR henna will cooperate with YOUR chemical residue from synthetic hair products is to TRY SOME. Harvest hair from your hairbrush, mix up a sample of henna and try it. What's in some henna products that reacts badly with synthetic hair dye? Here's the low down and dirty about what's in some of these products![/FONT]

Since rinses are usually ammonia-free, I don't see why there'd be a problem...reading this leads me to believe that henna over the rinse is what people tend to question, not rinse over henna. Definitely research!

Lady Esquire

Wut up doe, girly? Don't beat yourself up too much, I'm easily amused as well :grin: I think it makes life easier. Anyhoo, I've applied Adore on my sis and one of my friends hair (some kind of purple, can't remember the name) and they both like it. It doesn't seem drying and the color builds over time w/more use. I've gotten into the habit of mixing my colors w/a clear rinse. Maybe it's just in my head, but it seems to make the color more vibrant. I know w/red copper colors, you can always add a brown to tone it down, or a brighter red to brighten it. Oh yea, you do have gloves this time right? :perplexed:lachen:You don't wanna touch that beautiful baby w/"urnge" fingers. I just wanna take him home :grin:

Girl, I do need to run out and get some gloves, 'cause my finger nails are still stained from the JF brunette that I used weeks ago. So yeah, I'm not tryna stain my new cutie pie "urnge". :lol:

Lady Esquire

Hey LadyE!

I havent used Adore in years. I think I was looking for a replacement for my Rejuvatone BlueBlack and tried that and my color faded FAST. But again, years ago. Try it because I wanna see. :yep: Copper Red sounds HOT!!!!!

Congrats on your new heartbreaker!!! Too cute!!!

I'm gonna post when I try it.

I agree with Eisani, your color looks pretty, ma.

And thanks for the congrats.

vkb247

oh yeah...btw...I relaxed and did a colorshowers combo on 6/27 (too hot too stretch!)-

Gold
Ginger

I really miss my rojomissio. Those three didnt even make my color POP. But my hair felt good!

^^^ That is a beautiful color! I am thinking about coloring and/or clear rinsing my hair. But is so dark and really hard to dye...

Has anyone tried the Elasta rinses? Sorry if this ha already been asked :look:

dannie

Dannie, I am glad to hear you had such nice results. What brand did you use?

I know I'm like 2 months late answering :lachen:

I use jazzing. I've been doing it the 1st week of every month since I lasted posted in this thread and I'm still impressed and very pleased!

Oh and your baby is adorable!!!

neenee280

I always seem to forget to put the gloves back on when it's time to rinse it out. Makes my fingernails look sick :lachen: BTW, I know it's not your beloved rojisimo, but your hair still looks good to me!

Same here. Once I had to take the day off the next day because my hands were a lovely shade of blue when I used Jazzins Midnight Blue. :nono: I went to the BSS and got "Color Off" and had to let my hands SOAK! Now I always keep that stuff on standby although staining from Colorshowers is hardly as bad as Jazzin!

Thanks Girl!:grin:

neenee280

^^^ That is a beautiful color! I am thinking about coloring and/or clear rinsing my hair. But is so dark and really hard to dye...

Has anyone tried the Elasta rinses? Sorry if this ha already been asked :look:

Thanks vkb! have you tried to lighten you hair first (I use Dark and Lovely honey blonde real quick) and then use a color rinse? That is the only way I get the red to show and I only do the top of my head. :lachen:

I never tried the Elasta rinses...

SelfStyled

Okay ladies I feel like this is a support group- just thought I'd let you know I am in. I ordered colorshowers in Negro on Mon and dagnabbit it's here today. I'm going to finish reading all the threads and will be back with ????- hopefull not too many.

I was not prepared that Color Showers would smell so good. It smells exactly like Silicon Mix:lick:.

SelfStyled

Gold
Ginger

Wow- this combination came out awesome on you!!! Work it Mama!

SelfStyled

I did the black color showers yesterday, and I am in love!!!! Thanks for starting this thread LE. I was amazed at how much thicker my hair felt when I was done! My hair felt a little hard after the treatment, but this went a way with just a quick in shower condition w/ AO Honeysuckle Rose. My hair is 4a/b coarse with no natural shine, and my hair was literally blinging yesterday. I still can't believe these results. I am sold!

Do you all think, it would be okay to add a dollop of the negro color showers+a dollop of silicon mix (kinda like a henna gloss) and process for 30 minutes under the dryer- in 3 weeks? I am a frequent cowasher, so I am not expecting this to last 6-8 weeks.

bravenewgirl87

I'm using Frederic Fekkai Clear Rinse. I love it. Sometimes I mix it into my deep conditioners. But, I prefer to use it on its own. My hair looks beautiful after. I want one for darker hair so I can keep my hair color in the summer. Any suggestions besides the dominican one? Any one ever use the John Frieda?

Keshieshimmer

Here you go! =D

I'm using Frederic Fekkai Clear Rinse. I love it. Sometimes I mix it into my deep conditioners. But, I prefer to use it on its own. My hair looks beautiful after. I want one for darker hair so I can keep my hair color in the summer. Any suggestions besides the dominican one? Any one ever use the John Frieda?

OK, Here is a pic of my rinse concoctioin. I used John Freida Glaze in Brunette & Clear with some OCT, left it on for 3 hours, rinsed and styled as usual:

End results:

Eisani

I did the black color showers yesterday, and I am in love!!!! Thanks for starting this thread LE. I was amazed at how much thicker my hair felt when I was done! My hair felt a little hard after the treatment, but this went a way with just a quick in shower condition w/ AO Honeysuckle Rose. My hair is 4a/b coarse with no natural shine, and my hair was literally blinging yesterday. I still can't believe these results. I am sold!

Do you all think, it would be okay to add a dollop of the negro color showers+a dollop of silicon mix (kinda like a henna gloss) and process for 30 minutes under the dryer- in 3 weeks? I am a frequent cowasher, so I am not expecting this to last 6-8 weeks.

I'm glad you like it!! To answer your question, I think you s/b good :yep: Especially w/frequent cowashes this sounds like a good idea.

bluevalentine

Thanks vkb! have you tried to lighten you hair first (I use Dark and Lovely honey blonde real quick) and then use a color rinse? That is the only way I get the red to show and I only do the top of my head. :lachen:

I never tried the Elasta rinses...

i'm going to pretend like i didn't read this.....cause that color is awesome on u!

i don't need to be doing NOTHING to my hair right about now ...

wheezy807

I just received a $5 off coupon from roundbrushhair and decided to order 3 color showers cellophanes. I got the bright red (rojisimo), burgundy and grape. I'm gonna get a retouch at the end of this month and i planned to use the bright red. IMO, the black color showers is phenominial! The first one i tried was dark brown, it was ok but the color wasn't very pronounced.
My black color showers

lilsparkle825

i love this thread for introducing me to rinses and glazes. when the jf glazes i have run out i will have to get the colorshowers; they have some beautiful colors and i love the way my hair feels after a DC with glaze in it. this will be my way to celebrate when i reach APL!

neenee280

I just received a $5 off coupon from roundbrushhair and decided to order 3 color showers cellophanes. I got the bright red (rojisimo), burgundy and grape. I'm gonna get a retouch at the end of this month and i planned to use the bright red. IMO, the black color showers is phenominial! The first one i tried was dark brown, it was ok but the color wasn't very pronounced.
My black color showers

Gimme that hair!:yep::yep: I have been itchin to go back to black for the past few days. SIGH!!!!!!!! I am going to hold out until sept when I give myself a fresh relaxer. Your hair looks so nice!

bluevalentine

My black color showers

wow u have some beautiful lush hair! looks great :yep:

neenee280

I was bored a few fridays ago and my color was fading. So I got to mixing.

The color came out like this. I used Colorshower Marron (reddish brown)

The result -

I was happy because it was back to my colors combo color.:lachen: I cowash at least 3xs a week so I am defiently going to do this more often. :yep: Y'all are the TRUTH with adding color to conditioners!!!!!!:yep: