The high bun now a popular look

SkySurfer

SuchaLady said:
Finally! I've found someone like me SkySurfer :lachen: are you relaxed or natural?

Sent from my DROID3 using LHCF

I'm natural :) I don't get it, I've seen other naturals with my texture slick down their hair (even if it does take half a gallon of gel) but my hair will poof up even with a gallon haha! It just makes my hair hard :/

Jewell

Personally, I LOVES me a high bun, but I don't like the stress it puts on my hair for me to have to get it into a high bun; I typically wear low or mid-height buns, or wear my hair twisted up in a clip. It takes a bit of effort to "guide" my hair into a high bun, so often I don't wear them.:sad:

SuchaLady

You know what's funny SkySurfer? I've seen naturals with slicker ponytails than I can manage. Lol

SkySurfer said:
I'm natural :) I don't get it, I've seen other naturals with my texture slick down their hair (even if it does take half a gallon of gel) but my hair will poof up even with a gallon haha! It just makes my hair hard :/

Sent from my DROID3 using LHCF

hairspan

My high bun

Attachments

• image-3378490648.jpg
    image-3378490648.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 171
  • image-3428834912.jpg
    image-3428834912.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3307526110.jpg
    image-3307526110.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 147

shortt29

My high bun for all this sickening Jersey heat and my evening Zumba Class :grin:

Attachments

• Highbun1.JPG
    Highbun1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Highbun2.JPG
    Highbun2.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Highbun3.JPG
    Highbun3.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Highbun4.JPG
    Highbun4.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 224

Solitude

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I wore a high bun to dinner the other night and I noticed that 4 other women had the same hairstyle.

napbella

And I will be wearing one to the family fish fry this weekend. No hot hair on my neck/back in this heat!! Imma try to get a nice pic.

MRJ1972

I've definitely noticed the trend, at least for black women. I started rocking them a few weeks ago once I figured out I could get all my hair on top of my head without having to fool with bands or ponytail holders. I take a panyhose leg and wrap it around and around and then tuck it under.

Here's a bun I did right out of the shower (it's probably 80% dry here)

And here's a bun I did on blowdried hair

I absolutely love this style, especially now that we're in triple digit heat. I've always been a fan of wearing my hair out and down, but this is a protective style I can get with.:yep:

Southernbella.

What method do you use to blow dry your hair??

I am doing blow dried buns on my daughter, who also has thick hair, but I think that I am losing too much hair during the process. I use a brush or comb attachment.

Thanks!

Thanks!

kim1006

I went on some errands today and noticed that a lot of the ladies and girls that I saw were wearing their hair in a high bun. Maybe because my hair was also in a high bun today made me notice it. It was kinda strange actually and I guess this is the latest fad for the summer hot weather.

High buns are one of my favorite summer hair styles.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
A picture of when I was natural in a old braid-out high bun and the 2nd pic is of my edges...I think I started using AVG at this time

Attachments

• Glam.Apparel 087.jpg
    Glam.Apparel 087.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 395
  • Glam.Apparel 106.jpg
    Glam.Apparel 106.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 331
my top bun !! I wore this style for DAYS as a resolution to salvage my hair after the craziness of my 21st birthday [hence the candle haha]

see attachment !!

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 418

NowIAmNappy

Since everyone is talking about bunning, this was the one and only bun I did last summer but I want to try it again. I had cowashed my hair and used eco styler gel and a scarf to hold down my edges.

Sometimes I feel my head is to big or odd shaped for buns, but it was definitely an easy style.

danysedai

I've been wearing a high bun for 2 weeks. I didn't have time to properly condition and wash my hair last weekend so it's been ORS hair pudding with some coconut oil and a loose bun with good day pins all the time. I have a party tonight and IDK whether to wash/condition/rollerset or to go with the bun and wash tomorrow.

danysedai

How do you like the pudding danysedai? I've been looking for something that will smooth my hair. It's always so puffy :sad:

I love it. It's one of the few products that I use a lot and want to repurchase. Great for slicking edges leaving the hair soft and not hard and crunchy like some gels.

virtuenow

Thank you guys for starting this thread. I was so turned off by the thought of bunning all the time. I don't think low buns look good on really anybody. But when u introduced the high bun...oh my! They are fabulous and can be worn in so many ways. Not to mention they are a protective style that allows you to retain moisture all day. Here's my top bun today

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2139586216.jpg
    image-2139586216.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 144

SimpleLiving

I like it on top because I dont look bald from the front like I do with a low bun in the back. My hair isnt even long enough to have a decent bun or pony because I mini chopped it to the bottom of my neck...but if I put it up in a high puff and then take pieces and wrap them around in one direction until its a full circle, it gives me a great bun! Nice, quick go to style and the hubby even likes it. :yep:

Leslie_C, I wish you had taken a photo. Sounds tres cute. :grin:

Mz.MoMo5235

The high bun is my life!!! It gives me breath! It keeps me cool in the summer and lets me sleep in on cold winter mornings. I use the high bun for work, work outs, lounging, laundromat trips, walking the dogs in my pjs... Girl with the right accessories I wear it to the club (when I used to go clubbing that is).

I'mma see if I can dig up some of my high bun pix. I should take some new ones