The high bun now a popular look

Jazzlyric

wavezncurlz, thank you . Yes, I just threw it up there secured with a pontytail holder and pinned my bun . Took all of 5 minutes. Its really easy and I am going to do it again and wear it on freshly washed hair .

greenandchic

Decided to do a high bun today. My hair was feeling pretty gross so that's my only option (wash day). LOL

kandegirl

Here's my attempt at a curly bun.
Disclaimer: I saw it on BHM and replicated the whole thing. It's a self-installed "ponytail" weave. At least that's what I call it. I have a thin black head on the front and a thin stretch headband holding the bun. I have always loved this style w/ straight hair. Now I see curly hair is the shake!

Attachments

• 7.7.2012 006.jpg
    7.7.2012 006.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 7.7.2012 004.jpg
    7.7.2012 004.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 304

levette

Thanks for posting pics of your buns.... I really like the curly look too with the high bun.... Too cute

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i'm pretty much bunning all summer, so i'm trying to master the look.

the hell is with that wonky eye? lol

Babysaffy

sylver2 said:
I'mjealous of all the women that can wear a high bun. I love love love the look. but it doesn't look right on me :nono: looks like im trying to hard to do something

Me too, it just looks awkward and I have to try too hard to get it to sit just right

ManeStreet

Babysaffy said:
Me too, it just looks awkward and I have to try too hard to get it to sit just right

it comes out best for me I just throw it up there & dont try to make it perfect. dont over think it. just pick how high u want it & throw it up there lol

just make a high ponytail them tuck your ends into the same ponytail holder or with a few bobby pins and thats it

Last edited:

Babysaffy

Thanks, ManeStreet! I haven't worn one in years but will give your tips a try and some bangs may help me!

SheenaVee

I'm wearing a high bun right now. I'm going clubbing tonight and I hate having my hair down when I go clubbing coz it makes me extra hot when I'm dancing. I love high buns. I do them when my wash and go starts looking crap and I can't be bothered to wash and redo it so I just put it up into a high bun and put some gel on the edges. Or if I just want a change.

image-674081788.jpg

Attachments

• image-1793609548.jpg
    image-1793609548.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Boujoichic

Bunning is my main protective style for a couple years now I usually move it around so that I don't damage my hair I placed it high a couple days ago

Attachments

• IMAG0795.jpg
    IMAG0795.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 339

Babysaffy

I decided to try it since I'm just lounging around the house today..

SO just looked and didn't comment but I think it'd be nice for really hot weather. I'd just leave a few tendrils of hair out like I've done here but maybe loosely spiral curl them.

ForumRunner_20120714_224447.jpg

ForumRunner_20120714_224515.jpg

I think I'd also slick the front back more if I was going out as I have such a low hairline.

SkySurfer

Here's the high bun I wore my hair in today.
My hair was stretched with a braid out on the weekend.

Attachments

• Photo on 17-07-2012 at 20.09 #2.jpg
    Photo on 17-07-2012 at 20.09 #2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Photo on 17-07-2012 at 20.09 #3.jpg
    Photo on 17-07-2012 at 20.09 #3.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Photo on 17-07-2012 at 20.09.jpg
    Photo on 17-07-2012 at 20.09.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 139

crlsweetie912

shortt29 said:
Are you relaxed or natural? How did you get your edges so smooth and slick? Looks great!!!

Curls passion fruit paste....I love that stuff. I'm relaxed, but I was probably 12 plus weeks post in those pictures......

Angela4769

Phoenix14 said:
Maybe my head is too big or my hair is too unruly but I just can not get it all up into a bun

Everybody calls me "Gina"...(you know, from Martin?), so if my head isn't too big, nobody's is!!

ForumRunner_20120717_172606.jpg

SuchaLady

So pretty and neat crlsweetie912. I can NEVER get my hair that sleek. My mama and grandma stay telling me to do something with my hair and I can't even say anything :lol:

crlsweetie912 said:
I am loving high buns in this heat

Sent from my DROID3 using LHCF