THE MEGA HAIR DIET CHALLENGE 2008

Nanyanika

thanks for taking the time to discuss your regimen

Thanks Den, Keeping it Simple is the key... I keep my weave in for minimum 4 weeks, maximum eight weeks. I only shampoo my scalp when I wash, as I frequently spray my home made leave in conditioner on the braids underneath, and try to keep the scalp as clean as possible thus facilitating faster growth, and keep the hair itself moisturized, thus retaining length.

Nanyanika

Hey, I edited my original post to add my hair length goal and my starting pic.

Thanks Kimberley, great starting length pic, i had a similar pic in my album. In six months you'll be pleasantlysuprise by how much your hair has grown.

PuffyBrown

Thanks Chica,

You know, I am going to add something else...lately I have not been getting enough WATER....all of the sudden I have been forgetting..I think because it is winter. I am sittng here right now drinking water. I woke up with a terrible headache this morning.

I am going to add that to my goals:yep:

Execellent regimern i want to be like you one day, very soon

amwcah

I don't know how I didn't see this thread when it was originally posted, but I can most definitely do this.

CURRENT LENGTH:
APL(not full)

VITAMINS:
Biotin 5000mcg 2x/day
Flaxseed Oil 1000mg
Horsetail 500mg
Woman's One-A-Day

REGIMEN:
Protective style of braids

HEALTH DIET:
2 liters of water
3 fruits(fresh)
4 vegetables(fresh)
Protein(prepared all but fried)-fish, turkey, chicken, nuts
Whole grain
No processed food

ACTIVITY:
Focus-Cardio/Strength/Flexibility
Exercise daily 60 min/+
Aerobics
Weights/resistance
Walking/jogging

GOAL:
Hair-Healthy THICK FULL BSL
Body-Leaner toned arms, legs, and defined abs

loveable37

I went to see my doctor for regular checkup ,and found out my BLOOD PRESSURE HIGH AS HELL soi cant take no kinda(VITAMINS/DIET PILLLS):wallbash:
I hope it dont effect my HAIR GROWTH with bad head ache and she said lost 10 pds in 3 months :lachen:.yall gotta help me on this my eaten habits ridiculous:rolleyes:

ravenmerlita

Here's my plan for the challenge:

CURRENT LENGTH: Grazing Bra Strap (may soon change by 1/2 an inch or so, I need a trim)​

VITAMINS
-- Densitive
-- Therapro HairGain
-- MSM
-- Biotin
-- VitaMedica Multi
-- 2Shredded​

REGIMEN
-- Pre-treat (Ojon), wash & condition daily or every other day
-- Deep condition 2x per week (traditional DC w/ heat on weekend, overnight conditioning treatment mid-week)
-- Monthly protein treatment​
-- S&D/trim when needed
-- Rollerset or wash n go

HEALTH/DIET
-- Lower carb, higher protein, better fats, more salads and veggies
-- more protein shakes, fish, salad/vegetables and water​

ACTIVITY
-- Treadmill or aerobics, 3-4x per week
-- Weight training, 3x per week​

GOAL
-- lose 15 pounds
-- hair?? IDK, I'm on the WSL by summer 08 challenge but I think MBL.​

Nanyanika

Water is one of the hardest things for, because i don't like it, however i find when i'm excerising, i can get through drinking a lot it. this is also one of goals to FALL IN LOVE WITH WATER!!! don't forget prayer helps, i always pray before a workout!!! i ask GOD for STRENGTH because i know how much pain i have to go through LOL

Thanks Chica,

You know, I am going to add something else...lately I have not been getting enough WATER....all of the sudden I have been forgetting..I think because it is winter. I am sittng here right now drinking water. I woke up with a terrible headache this morning.

I am going to add that to my goals:yep:

Nanyanika

Welcome girl, i've added you to the list!! You given me an idea to add a Women's one a day vit, i'm approaching 30, and this year isdreally imoprtant to me, i need to overcome my weight/health issues, as i get older there are greater risks and i would like to live longer.

I don't know how I didn't see this thread when it was originally posted, but I can most definitely do this.

CURRENT LENGTH:
APL(not full)

VITAMINS:
Biotin 5000mcg 2x/day
Flaxseed Oil 1000mg
Horsetail 500mg
Woman's One-A-Day

REGIMEN:
Protective style of braids

HEALTH DIET:
2 liters of water
3 fruits(fresh)
4 vegetables(fresh)
Protein(prepared all but fried)-fish, turkey, chicken, nuts
Whole grain
No processed food

ACTIVITY:
Focus-Cardio/Strength/Flexibility
Exercise daily 60 min/+
Aerobics
Weights/resistance
Walking/jogging

GOAL:
Hair-Healthy THICK FULL BSL
Body-Leaner toned arms, legs, and defined abs

Nanyanika

Hey loveable, i suffered high blood pressure since the age of 12, you can do it by simply tweaking your diet, the nurse always advises to reduce, sugar, salt, fat, eat fruits and vegetables, increase excerise activity and reduce stress levels.

I went to see my doctor for regular checkup ,and found out my BLOOD PRESSURE HIGH AS HELL soi cant take no kinda(VITAMINS/DIET PILLLS):wallbash:
I hope it dont effect my HAIR GROWTH with bad head ache and she said lost 10 pds in 3 months :lachen:.yall gotta help me on this my eaten habits ridiculous:rolleyes:

Nanyanika

Those who have weight to lose, will you will taking progress pics? i think i will but i don't know if i'll have the courage to show them in my fotki

Nanyanika

Hi ladies, i forgot to add i will be taking Phase 2, i used it before and it helped with my weightloss. i omnly it take it with starchy refined carbs not complex ones.

here's a pic

info
http://www.vortexhealth.com/phase2.html

PuffyBrown

interesting....

I ordered the Fo-ti and aminos last night. I cannot wait until it gets here. I am so excited. I have been wanting to get the aminos but everytime I retocked my vitamins I always forgot. I got the Fo-ti also. I have never taken this before but after reading about it I am really excited. How long do you think it will be before I start to see effects?

Hi ladies, i forgot to add i will be taking Phase 2, i used it before and it helped with my weightloss. i omnly it take it with starchy refined carbs not complex ones.

here's a pic

info
http://www.vortexhealth.com/phase2.html

Nanyanika

Hi girl, it takes up to 3months to notice results, if i remember correctly, I saw results in less time, around 6-8weeks. my hair just got thick, my texture was beautiful and lucious and very dark, i noticed a huge reduction in hair shedding.

Follow directions carefully, i slipped up on the dose once and took too much and i got mild diahorrea, and hot flushes, i was okay when i followed the directions, i continued taking it with no side effects. i can't remember the brand i used but it contained the raw fo-ti root, its very potent, good stuff.

the amino acids made my hair grow like mad, i took the same dose as HF37 6 pillls a day and a b-vitamin tablet, i did increase aminos to 12 a day, but i reduced to 6 as i didn't see any extra benefit, in terms of growth. Good luck

interesting....

I ordered the Fo-ti and aminos last night. I cannot wait until it gets here. I am so excited. I have been wanting to get the aminos but everytime I retocked my vitamins I always forgot. I got the Fo-ti also. I have never taken this before but after reading about it I am really excited. How long do you think it will be before I start to see effects?

ravenmerlita

Those who have weight to lose, will you will taking progress pics? i think i will but i don't know if i'll have the courage to show them in my fotki

Hmmm.... I don't know, I don't like having a lot of pictures on-line. I think I'll take some starting pictures just for myself today and then I can always decide later about posting them.

Guapa1

I've decided to join, why not? Please everyone keep checking in, I really need to be given a good kick!

CURRENT LENGTH:
short

VITAMINS:
MSM
Acidophilus
Omega oils

REGIMEN:
Protective style of cornrows/twists.
Wash once a week.
Rub on castor oil nightly to edges and ends.

HEALTH DIET:
2 litres of water
Only 1 day of processed food a week, everything else I eat will be cooked from scratch and I'll always have some form of veggies with every meal and will start off every morning with a smoothie. This is while I'm off work, when I go back I'm going to have to change it up as I'm in different countries every week. The plan is to eat as little processed food as possible.

ACTIVITY:
Can't do any real exercise as I'm still sore so I'll do the 20 minutes of walking a day my physio has recommended and try and get to the pool when I can.

GOAL:
Hair-Healthy and the first stage is to get the front of my hair in my mouth when cornrowed or twisted.
Body - I want my 25 inch waist back. I don't want to be hard or too toned. I still want to be 'womanly soft'.

Last edited:

ravenmerlita

How did everyone's first day go? I had a pretty good day. Took all of my vitamins. Ate well. Still have to get in some more water and I'm about to get in my exercise for the evening.

gymfreak336

How did everyone's first day go? I had a pretty good day. Took all of my vitamins. Ate well. Still have to get in some more water and I'm about to get in my exercise for the evening.

I haven't eaten enough food today yet. I had a salad, maybe 1/2 cup of pasta earlier. I just got finished eating some baked turkey and some cabbage. I did take my vitamins though. I think I will have a protein shake and some veggie soup before the end of the night.

nutella20

Mine went well

Started in the morning with one hour of cardio and drank a lot of water (80 oz). For the vitamins I don't really know what to take. I used to take gnc hsn formula, flax seed oil, iron but I have noticed that my skin is more and more sensitive... :ohwell: meaning when I put some pressure on my skin it hurts !!
I had a salad and fruits.
But everything is ok, I have braids and will be washing them on wednesday.

Just a question: what is the protein (shake, ect..) for?

Last edited:

ravenmerlita

Mine went well

Started in the morning with one hour of cardio and drank a lot of water (80 oz). For the vitamins I don't really know what to take. I used to take gnc hsn formula, flax seed oil, iron but I have noticed that my skin is more and more sensitive... :ohwell: meaning when I put some pressure on my skin it hurts !!
I had a salad and fruits.
But everything is ok, I have braids and will be washing them on wednesday.

Just a question: what is the protein (shake, ect..) for?

I use protein shakes as a low-calorie meal replacement. I find they help me stick to my overall diet and also the extra protein is supposed to be good for hair and nails.

PuffyBrown

I had an average day. I drank alot of water...whoo hoo.....I usually exercise before my evening shower....Im getting over to that mat right now...:yawn::look:

My Fo-ti is on the way...got my email today from Vitacost...I took my other vitamins...I never forget my vitamins..they are really the only thing that get me through my day.

Andreainnis

OMG this challenge is GANGSTA!!! I don't know how I missed it but I love it, this is right up my alley and I hope it's not too late to join!:pray: I'm in if you will allow my late start! A million thumbs up, excellent challenge!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Hi ladies,
Just checking in, I've been walking 4 miles aday and I start my water aebroic class next saturday, it's only one day a week but thats good enough for me:yep:. I'm not taking vitamins yet because I'm still on my cleanse, day 10 for me (YAY) and 20 more days to go. My hair is still in braids just cowashed and oiled my scalp with JBCO, moisturized today and sealed again. Going to the herb & vitamin store tomorrow after work to stock up thinking about dropping the centrum and adding miracle 2000 and fo-ti, miracle 2000 is good for energy. Anyway Good Luck Ladies....

ps I really need to work on sleeping:lachen:only getting about 5hrs aday

Guapa1

Yesterday went ok. I had nearly all of my vits. Those natures gate things are so big! I'm still on a lot of painkillers and they seem to kill my appetite too. I had a banana and a bowl of soup yesterday.

My water intake wasn't great, that is something I'm going to focus on this week.

Valerie

Hello Den1, I would like to just also.

PERSONAL PROFILE:

CURRENT LENGTH: Just below collar bone
VITAMINS: Holland and Barratt Amino acids 1500M,Omega 3 6 9, MSM, Pantothenic Acid (soon to add), vitamins are in my signature.

REGIMEN: Wash weekly, using Ayruveda herbs, castor oil, aloe vera gel, egg and gelatine.
1. Protective style mainly flat twists
2. Ayurveda oil (my made up one with added sulphur and MSM), castor oil and aloe vera gel on scalp and roots, twice daily,
3. Massage daily, try to increase twice daily.

Hair treatment
Castor oil, my oil Ayurveda oil, gelatine, olive oil, coconut milk, blackstrap molasses, rosewater, glycerine and egg.

ACTIVITY: Aerobic excerise and regular walks and stretching

GOAL: lose weight, Achieve thicker and healthier hair

Nanyanika

Hi Val, Good luck

Hello Den1, I would like to just also.

PERSONAL PROFILE:

CURRENT LENGTH: Just below collar bone
VITAMINS: Holland and Barratt Amino acids 1500M,Omega 3 6 9, MSM, Pantothenic Acid (soon to add), vitamins are in my signature.

REGIMEN: Wash weekly, using Ayruveda herbs, castor oil, aloe vera gel, egg and gelatine.
1. Protective style mainly flat twists
2. Ayurveda oil (my made up one with added sulphur and MSM), castor oil and aloe vera gel on scalp and roots, twice daily,
3. Massage daily, try to increase twice daily.

Hair treatment
Castor oil, my oil Ayurveda oil, gelatine, olive oil, coconut milk, blackstrap molasses, rosewater, glycerine and egg.

ACTIVITY: Aerobic excerise and regular walks and stretching

GOAL: lose weight, Achieve thicker and healthier hair

Nanyanika

Hi guys, well i haven't had any fizzy drinks (soda), been drinking herbal teas, i will be taking vits later, so far so good. Everyoe seems to be doing very well.

Lioness

I think it went pretty well- I took all of my vits, drank about 600ml of Carrot juice too :grin:
I'll try to keep as consistent as possible. Adding flaxseed oil to my food, and biotin to my raw vergetable juices.

Lovelylocs

Count me in!

So far it's just flax seed oil (2 teaspoons), MSM (2 tablets), Biotin (5 tablets), and Omega 3 Fish oil pills (3 pills). I know the flax seed and the Fish oil might seem like I am overdoing it, but I'm a vegetarian so I need the extra omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.