This is a Serious Thread: Hurt People, Hurt People

Iwanthealthyhair67

I pray that we learn to be merciful as God is merciful...we have done all manner of things and have received forgiveness, we actually expect it and so we must learn to extend the hand have mercy...

LucieLoo12

I pray that we learn to be merciful as God is merciful...we have done all manner of things and have received forgiveness, we actually expect it and so we must learn to extend the hand have mercy...

Yes :yep:. The bible says we wrestle not with flesh and blood. This warfare is spiritual and people have just yielded themselves over to evil spirits. Thats why only the blood of Jesus can make us free...

2 Timothy 2:26
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

SummerSolstice

Why do u think it would be Creflo's fault?
I am not a fan of his, but I don't want to go pointing fingers either

I'm not blaming him LucieLoo12.
This is a shepherd of a flock. He must be held accountable for his leadership. All of the strange financial issues, the gay stuff with the young boys, and now a shooting? Too much is happening under his watch, and he was directly involved with most of the foolishness.
Its just like when a business has so many issues... the problem is management most of the time. Something here is not right and I think leadership has much to do with it.

Nice & Wavy

I'm not blaming him @LucieLoo12.
This is a shepherd of a flock. He must be held accountable for his leadership. All of the strange financial issues, the gay stuff with the young boys, and now a shooting? Too much is happening under his watch, and he was directly involved with most of the foolishness.
Its just like when a business has so many issues... the problem is management most of the time. Something here is not right and I think leadership has much to do with it.
Are you actually blaming this on the leadership of this church?

I can't.......:nono:

I feel this way, IF he is doing something, its up to the LORD to take him out of his position. This thread is not for this here....not now, please.

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

I'm not blaming him @LucieLoo12.

Oh ok. I apologize because of the content of the thread and your post, I thought you was saying it was his fault the shooting happened. Sorry the assumption..:yep:

Nice & Wavy

I really thought about this... I'm not sure if that would do anything. Who am I, ya kno? I'm nobody.
Well, then I wouldn't say what you said unless you are ready to tell him from your mouth to his ears.

There are times I HAVE to tell someone something whether they like it or not, or whether I feel like it may or may not do something.

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

I feel this way, IF he is doing something, its up to the LORD to take him out of his position. This thread is not for this here....not now, please.

I THINK she was just making a generalization of the issues of the church. I don't believe she was blaming Creflo for the ACTUAL shooting...I don't think :ohwell:

Nice & Wavy

I THINK she was just making a generalization of the issues of the church. I don't believe she was blaming Creflo for the ACTUAL shooting...I don't think :ohwell:
Doesn't matter. This thread is about the shooting, not what Creflo or his leadership or the church is doing or not doing.

ETA: We must as CHRISTIANS learn to walk in compassion and mercy...always being reminded that it could be us at anytime!

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

Doesn't matter. This thread is about the shooting, not what Creflo or his leadership or the church is doing or not doing.

ETA: We must as CHRISTIANS learn to walk in compassion and mercy...always being reminded that it could be us at anytime!

ok.:look:...:yep:

SummerSolstice

I'm not blaming it on him. I just think where there is a smoke there is a fire.

Right, he didn't do it. But I really think when you open certain doors anything can walk in. Thats all I'm saying. There's too much going on with this church to not point it out.
I think the shooting is just an unfortunate symptom of the illness.

SummerSolstice

I am certain Christ has forgiven the shooter for this whole incident. I am certain Christ has already forgiven Creflo for everything just as He has forgiven the rest of us.

Nice & Wavy

I'm not blaming it on him. I just think where there is a smoke there is a fire.

Right, he didn't do it. But I really think when you open certain doors anything can walk in. Thats all I'm saying. There's too much going on with this church to not point it out.
I think the shooting is just an unfortunate symptom of the illness.

sigh, ok.:ohwell:

Successfulmiss

SummerSolstice

I think your referring to Eddie Long. Creflo never had media coverage about him and some little boys, unless I'm mistaken. Yes, he is the head of the ministry but the Bible also said we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12 That shooter stands alone before Christ not with Creflo. He is a mere human. To be honest all of the body of Christ needs to be on alert. Look at Pastor Tims(RIP) old church, Eddie Long, Paula White and many others. The Church as a whole is in conflict and we have to search ourselves and repent wholeheartedly.

SummerSolstice

@SummerSolstice

I think your referring to Eddie Long. Creflo never had media coverage about him and some little boys, unless I'm mistaken. Yes, he is the head of the ministry but the Bible also said we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12 That shooter stands alone before Christ not with Creflo. He is a mere human. To be honest all of the body of Christ needs to be on alert. Look at Pastor Tims(RIP) old church, Eddie Long, Paula White and many others. The Church as a whole is in conflict and we have to search ourselves and repent wholeheartedly.

Girl! I swore they were the same person! I don't keep up with all this mess :ohwell:

I agree with everything you just said. :yep:

Successfulmiss

SummerSolstice

I was confused at first too! Then I just look back at everything that has been going on in the "megachurches" and body of Christ as a whole and we all need to be on our face on the floor repenting before the Father. Even if we didn't do anything! We are all one body and we must ask the Lord for mercy. I am loving this thread! It feels good to get this off my spirit!

LucieLoo12

yep. We may not be shooting up people. But we definitely have some things in our lives we need to get right too.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^ Certainly is true LucieLoo... but I don't see the need for that comment. It goes without saying we all need to be right with God.

To address what N&W mentioned earlier....

It's my understanding that church leaders asked this minister to remove himself from an leadership role, so can get his stuff together, take care of his personal issues first and get better. That is the responsible thing for leadership to do. Not everyone is capable of handling any type of rejection and are walking time-bombs.

Two families, a church and an entire community are affected. Where is the compassion? When other Christians hurt, we as members of the Body of Christ, hurt. It's not ever THAT serious until it happens in our back yard or at our own church. We're not supposed to be "outside, looking in" if other brothers and sisters are attacked. God forbid...

ALL churches have demons and wrong spirits walking into them at any given time. The devil goes to church, too. If you don't believe that, then I can't help you understand.

We don't ever know what someone sitting in the pew right next to us in church is going through. We all have our burdens to bear; but mental illness is not something to play with.

Well, then I wouldn't say what you said unless you are ready to tell him from your mouth to his ears.

As a minister, there are times I HAVE to tell someone something whether they like it or not, or whether I feel like it may or may not do something.

Nice & Wavy

^^ Certainly is true LucieLoo... but I don't see the need for that comment. It goes without saying we all need to be right with God.

It's my understanding that church leaders asked this minister to remove himself from an leadership role, so can get his stuff together, take care of his personal issues first and get better. That is the responsible thing for leadership to do. Not everyone is capable of handling any type of rejection and are walking time-bombs.

Two families, a church and an entire community are affected. Where is the compassion? When other Christians hurt, we as members of the Body of Christ, hurt. It's not ever THAT serious until it happens in our back yard or at our own church. We're not supposed to be "outside, looking in" if other brothers and sisters are attacked. God forbid...
ALL churches have demons and wrong spirits walking into them at any given time. The devil goes to church, too. If you don't believe that, then I can't help you understand.

We don't ever know what someone sitting in the pew right next to us in church is going through. We all have our burdens to bear; but mental illness is not something to play with.
Lord, thank you for the Body of Christ!

Thank you, Laela :love3:

LucieLoo12

True, first devil Jesus cast out was in the church...

Nice & Wavy

Here is some additional info:

Creflo Dollar addresses congregation over shooting

Pastor Creflo Dollar addressed his congregation Wednesday night over the shooting that took place in his church.

Channel 2's Eric Philips was there as Dollar told the congregation that he took the loss personally, and that he knew McDowell when he was skinny young man and that he performed the wedding ceremony for McDowell and his wife.

Dollar called it a tragedy but told his congregation he wanted to drill home three main points: God is good, heaven is real and to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

"While I was in my morning briefing I got a report that some shots took place over here in the chapel," Dollar told his followers Wednesday night.

Dollar was candid with his congregation as he explained how he learned of the shooting in the chapel Wednesday morning, and the personal sense of loss surrounding the death of McDowell.

"One of our very faithful, loving, kind servant, volunteer," Dollar said.

Dollar's entire message Wednesday centered on the violence that erupted in the chapel of World Changers Church hours earlier.

"That's not God's will for a husband to be taken away from his wife and family. That's not God's will," Dollar said.

Dollar said this night, it was important for him to feed his congregation the Word of God and to encourage them.

Those that Philips spoke with said they felt encouraged.

"It was awesome, graceful message for a graceful man of God," said church member Tara Hannon.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Here is some additional info:

This is so painful, just reading the words that it was not God's will for a man to be taken from his wife and family. This hurts so much. I'm praying for his wife's strength. Here she has a man of God for a husband who not only loves her and loves their children but the man loved God and lived it.

Forgiveness comes hard; I have to be honest about my feelings. I'll say why:

How many women are struggling for their husbands to be right with God, be they Black or White or Mixed, it's the same all over the world, that women of God are praying for their husbands to be spiritual leader in their household, and yet we have one who has been taken out.

I'm so 'mad' right now. :cry: I'll get it straight, I promise and I apologize to you Precious Wavy and to my sisters and brothers in Christ Jesus.

At the same time, God allows me to see the heart of this man who died, with his eyes closed in reverence, in prayer unto the Lord, speaking "Hallowed be thy Name"... this dear man was in love with Jesus.

PinkPebbles

My prayers are with the families and the body of Christ. And I truly hope the shooter receives psychological help.

Ladies, my spirit is unsettled about this tragedy. I truly feel like there is a missing link or maybe I'm just in shock....

Nice & Wavy

This is so painful, just reading the words that it was not God's will for a man to be taken from his wife and family. This hurts so much. I'm praying for his wife's strength. Here she has a man of God for a husband who not only loves her and loves their children but the man loved God and lived it.

Forgiveness comes hard; I have to be honest about my feelings. I'll say why:

How many women are struggling for their husbands to be right with God, be they Black or White or Mixed, it's the same all over the world, that women of God are praying for their husbands to be spiritual leader in their household, and yet we have one who has been taken out.

I'm so 'mad' right now. :cry: I'll get it straight, I promise and I apologize to you Precious Wavy and to my sisters and brothers in Christ Jesus.

At the same time, God allows me to see the heart of this man who died, with his eyes closed in reverence, in prayer unto the Lord, speaking "Hallowed be thy Name"... this dear man was in love with Jesus.
:bighug: :bighug:

My prayers are with the families and the body of Christ. And I truly hope the shooter receives psychological help.

Ladies, my spirit is unsettled about this tragedy. I truly feel like there is a missing link or maybe I'm just in shock....
I appreciate you saying that because it does affect the whole body. :love3:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Please keep in your prayers congregants of this church in N Texas, who lost their pastor to church violence yesterday.. :nono:

Police: Pastor of North Texas Church Killed
By ANGELA K. BROWN Associated Press
FOREST HILL, Texas October 29, 2012 (AP)

A North Texas pastor was killed Monday by an attacker who rammed a car into a church wall, chased the pastor and beat him with an electric guitar, police said.

Police in Forest Hill, a suburb of Fort Worth, did not say why the unidentified suspect attacked the Rev. Danny Kirk Sr., the founding pastor of Greater Sweethome Missionary Baptist Church.

The suspect also died a short time after being taken into custody.

Forest Hill Police Chief Dan Dennis said the suspect drove his car into a church wall before noon Monday, apparently on purpose. The suspect got out of the car and began to attack the pastor in the parking lot before chasing him into the church, Dennis said. The church secretary hid and called 911, Dennis said.

Police arrived to find the suspect assaulting Kirk with an electric guitar that they believe was already inside the church, Dennis said. An officer used a Taser on the suspect, handcuffed him and put him in the back of a patrol car.

By then, Kirk had died, Dennis said. A maintenance worker who tried to help Kirk was injured and taken to an area hospital. His condition was unknown.

Dennis said the suspect was found unresponsive shortly after being detained and was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Dennis said he didn't know if the suspect knew Kirk, attended the church or why he might have attacked the pastor.

Hours after the incident, hundreds of people remained outside the church, where crime-scene tape was wrapped around a small statue of Jesus near the wrecked car. Some hugged each other and cried, while others recalled Kirk as a dedicated minister who also had a bubbly personality and knew the all names of the several-hundred church members.

"He really was concerned about our souls," Montoya McNeil, a member for eight years, said as she wiped away tears. "You looked forward to being here. ... I'm not asking God why, because I know where he (Kirk) is, but we won't get those big bear hugs and those great sermons anymore."

According to former Forest Hill mayor James Gosey, Kirk started the church years ago in a strip mall before building the red-brick church.

Kirk was also an unofficial volunteer chaplain who occasionally counseled members of a local high school football team, Fort Worth school district spokesman Clint Bond said.

"Our hearts are heavy right now," said Reginald Wilson, an associate minister at the church.