TL 2011 ON AND CRAKIN

Whimsy

Hey crackin ladies,

I think I may pull out of this challenge. I'm not sure yet, but I think I may try to maintain once I get to hip length, and let my layers grow out. That will take a LONG while since the shortest layer is at my collarbone lol.

I'll see how it goes but I don't think the TL challenge will be for me after all...

Lucia

Hey crackin ladies,

I think I may pull out of this challenge. I'm not sure yet, but I think I may try to maintain once I get to hip length, and let my layers grow out. That will take a LONG while since the shortest layer is at my collarbone lol.

I'll see how it goes but I don't think the TL challenge will be for me after all...

WHAAAAAAAAT?
Don't pull out yet just keep growing and see how far you get we just started and we all have an entire year, I think you're dropping out too soon, you'll prob graze TL to get full HL.

Lucia

Ok I went to pick up some STCC Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and they were out of the big family sized one I didn't think Suave was that poplar. I know you daily CW, damp/wet bunning ladies are stockpiling. :lol:
I had to buy 2 small bottles and a Suave Humectant. The cashier was like you're natural right, so she knew naturals were buying this up like crazy.

Lucia

Inspiration:

http://i50.tinypic.com/f40514.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2i04x2w.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jUVYkPeSPWY/SG75rOx_yYI/AAAAAAAAARE/MV0dx-Zgn6M/s400/ruslana1104a.jpg

RIP Ruslana Korshunova bka Russian Rapunzel

Last edited:

SimplyBlessed

Ok I went to pick up some STCC Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and they were out of the big family sized one I didn't think Suave was that poplar. I know you daily CW, damp/wet bunning ladies are stockpiling. :lol:
I had to buy 2 small bottles and a Suave Humectant. The cashier was like you're natural right, so she knew naturals were buying this up like crazy.

Girl u have me loving cowashing!!

have u tried suave almond and shea butter conditioner?!? I love it!! just cowashed with it tonight...

what do u usually do for protein?!?

Lucia

Girl u have me loving cowashing!!

have u tried suave almond and shea butter conditioner?!? I love it!! just cowashed with it tonight...

what do u usually do for protein?!?

Good just wait your hair will thicken up and surprise you, just remeber to clarify. I'm really loving the Humectant it's FAB.

No I haven't tried it yet, but I was looking at it. I don't like to switch products too much unless someone recommends it and it has great reviews too. After my BKT mini setback I'm not a PJ anymore just sticking to what works or similar ingredients.
Maybe I'll give it a try when I'm done with these.
For protein, I use an egg with my Suave conditioner I used to use Aphogee 2-step but I don't need that heavy protein anymore.

Last edited:

Lucia

The Russian Rapunzel

Very long hair often has the effect of turning an average-looking woman into a beauty, simply because long hair in itself is so appealing to so many of us. But every now and then you'll come across a woman who was gorgeous to begin with, and whose extra-long hair turns her into something akin to a goddess. Ruslana Korshunova was one of these women.
Ruslana was a rising star in the modelling industry when her life was tragically cut short at the age of 20, when she fell to her death from the balcony of her ninth-floor New York apartment in June 2008. Though the circumstances surrounding the fall were considered suspicious - with various sources claiming that the model was murdered - the official cause of death has been named as a suicide.

Discovered when she was just fifteen years old, Ruslana modelled for Clarins, Nina Ricci, Vera Wang, Kenzo and various international designers, as well as doing ads for Pantene and appearing on the covers of French Elle magazine, and Polish and Russian Vogue.

Her trademark knee-length hair was a big feature of all the work she did, until she had it cut to her waist later on in her career. But even with shorter hair (although, let's be realistic here... waist-length hair is still a long way from what you'd call short), Ruslana maintained an exquisite, ultra-feminine beauty that made her tragic passing seem all the more surreal.

Here's a collection of photographs of the stunning Ruslana Korshunova, who as a teenager was aptly nicknamed 'The Russian Rapunzel.'

More pics in article link above

Last edited:

Dee Raven

The Russian Rapunzel

Very long hair often has the effect of turning an average-looking woman into a beauty, simply because long hair in itself is so appealing to so many of us. But every now and then you'll come across a woman who was gorgeous to begin with, and whose extra-long hair turns her into something akin to a goddess. Ruslana Korshunova was one of these women.
Ruslana was a rising star in the modelling industry when her life was tragically cut short at the age of 20, when she fell to her death from the balcony of her ninth-floor New York apartment in June 2008. Though the circumstances surrounding the fall were considered suspicious - with various sources claiming that the model was murdered - the official cause of death has been named as a suicide.

Discovered when she was just fifteen years old, Ruslana modelled for Clarins, Nina Ricci, Vera Wang, Kenzo and various international designers, as well as doing ads for Pantene and appearing on the covers of French Elle magazine, and Polish and Russian Vogue.

Her trademark knee-length hair was a big feature of all the work she did, until she had it cut to her waist later on in her career. But even with shorter hair (although, let's be realistic here... waist-length hair is still a long way from what you'd call short), Ruslana maintained an exquisite, ultra-feminine beauty that made her tragic passing seem all the more surreal.

Here's a collection of photographs of the stunning Ruslana Korshunova, who as a teenager was aptly nicknamed 'The Russian Rapunzel.'

More pics in article link above

Lucia, how sad. She died? How beautiful she was. Great inspiration.

Mz.MoMo5235

i'm back from my vacay guys and i did so good, i kept my hair up the whole time :D

great pix lucia, thanks. so sad about her death though

Lucia

I figured out how to get henna cassia ayurvedic powders out of my hair. You ladies who use them know how hard it is to rinse CW hem out completely. Well I did my cassia bringaraj mix and put all of it in my hair coated and overloaded it and sat w a plastic cap under heat cap for 30 mins. Then I rinsed CW rinsed again and the water lookedclear bit I still felt some grit in my hair I was going to massage w coconut milk then DC w Suave Humectant well not only did the stain come off my hands but he cocnut milk rinsed the green residue that was still in my hair. Next I'll use gloves to apply it.

Well my hair felt great I clarified w acv and water before he cassia and I DC d in he shower and really rinsed everything out. The TT worked great I didn't detangle my hair in a week and I didn't comb it at a while doing cassia and DC I only detangled once at the end under running water w TT then I followed w cutter and I only lost a teaspoon ful of hair literally I'm so impressed I ususally loose alot more hair when I detangle after a week. The TT is a keeper.

Oh and what's up w some old lady touching my hair it's up in a bun all the time she just saw the waves and had to touch but still really come on I don't know you. She's lucky she's old. :perplexed

Last edited:

Whimsy

Inspiration:

RIP Ruslana Korshunova bka Russian Rapunzel

you know, loooooong straight hair, it doesn't really do it for me, but loooong hair with some texture, even just some waves....OH MY GOOD GOD!!!
this is such an inspiring photo!!

PS i remember when this girl was murdered (or killed herself) and it was all over the news... all the russian chicks in my office were crying

Lucia

I CW with STCC then steam DC for 30 min w suave humectant my hair was so soft and the comb just glided through my hair like butta. Then I put it up in 2 braids and a turbie no product the nex day my hair was still soft and back into my daily baggied bun Love my hair steamer.

Lucia

Repost
Ok so approximately for me to even get close to my goals for 2011 I have to grow and retain 0.75-1" a month. I've done it before in my growth spurt hard core hair days I can do it again. So let's say 10-12" would put me @ HL maybe grazing TL.
I'm getting happy just thinking about it. Awww HL here I come.

Mz.MoMo5235

i have no clue how close or far away i am lol i havent done a length check for a while now. i dont even want to. i just want to ignore my hair until i'm there lmao

Mz.MoMo5235

i was really liking my hair today so i had to take a pic... excuse the chunk, i'm still on my weight loss journey thats THE LONGEST JOURNEY IN THE WORLD!!!! lol

Mz.MoMo5235

so i think i'm about 3mos away from crackin. i need like a good 1 1/2 inches so i'm hoping to get there in june or so

but i'm also working on my ends and thickening them up so it may take a tad bit longer depending on how much i trim next month.

but omg i was looking at my friends hair (she's mexican with thin straight hair with some slight wave to it naturally) and her ends looked HORRIFYING!!!! like from a regular distance her hair looks just fine but when you look at just her ends i wanted to cry for her!!! i told her she needed a protein treatment asap and then to dc every wk after that and to use a silicon based heat protectant and not to flat iron everyday (yes, everyday!!!)

what's so funny is this other white girl always talks about how great her (my mexican friends) hair looks and how healthy is must be but had the nerve to tell me i needed to cut like 6inches off of my hair cause my ends were ratty. i was like "uh no! my ends are HEALTHY. i just have a different texture than you do so my when i wear my hair like this (the way it is in the pic i posted) you see texture, not splits" and i showed her just the very ends and she was like "oh... well i dont like it though, you should cut it" HEIFER BYE!!! lol

Raine054

I'm so disappointed in myself this year. My schoolwork has been kicking my butt and my hair care is suffering. I'm pretty sure I'll make TL but I need to work on those ends.

*sigh*

Lucia

Mz.MoMo5235
Oh she's just jealous reeeeaaaal jealous that you've got long healthy HL hair its prob burning her that its NOT a weave but your real hair
She knows the texture diff don't buy into that fake ignorant crap. What does her hair look like and is it even longish?

Your Mex friend is believing her own hair hype obviously she doesn't have that super thick coarse wavy curly hair that can take a beating but she's prob like I'm Mex I can do anything to my hair. Actually no one can do that for long wo any damage thick coarse hair is not indestructible.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

Mz.MoMo5235
Oh she's just jealous reeeeaaaal jealous that you've got long healthy HL hair its prob burning her hat its NOT a weave but your real hair
She knows the texture diff don't buy into that fake ignorant crap. What does her hair look like and is it even longish?

Your Mex friend is believing her own hair hype obviously she doesn't have that super thick coarse wavy curly hair that can take a beating but she's prob like I'm Mex I can do anything to my hair. Actually no one can do that for long wo any damage thick coarse hair is not indestructible.

the other chick (white girl) hair is a HAM. she always talks about how she cant have it below her shoulders because it breaks off and how fine it is and how she can never do anything with it. i'm sure she is jelly

the mexican friend on the other hand knows her ends are bad and over all hair health is bad. she's slowly starting her HHJ cause of me lol her hair habits have actually improved since being around me. she stopped putting curly perms in and stopped bleaching. she has also started to co-wash and will be doing protein treatments soon. but i cant get that girl away from that darn flat iron lol :lachen:

Lucia

I'm so disappointed in myself this year. My schoolwork has been kicking my butt and my hair care is suffering. I'm pretty sure I'll make TL but I need to work on those ends.

*sigh*

Just handle your biz and put your hair up in PS and forget about it.

the other chick (white girl) hair is a HAM. she always talks about how she cant have it below her shoulders because it breaks off and how fine it is and how she can never do anything with it. i'm sure she is jelly

the mexican friend on the other hand knows her ends are bad and over all hair health is bad. she's slowly starting her HHJ cause of me lol her hair habits have actually improved since being around me. she stopped putting curly perms in and stopped bleaching. she has also started to co-wash and will be doing protein treatments soon. but i cant get that girl away from that darn flat iron lol :lachen:

Just wait she'll either start asking you for hair advice and fix her HAM hair or keep on hatin

Just came by to look at all the beautiful hair in this thread

Speaking of beautiful hair can't wait to see your update pics.

Mz.MoMo5235

so i cant remember if it was this thread or another where i stated i was thinking about switching over to CD and a few of yall gave me your reviews on it (didnt like it really)

well my best friend (who i've been helping her with her HHJ and SHE'S FINALLY GETTING IT!!! lol) really believes in the CD brand that she gave my her

tui herbal shampoo
tui hair smoothie
og hair milk
and
healthy hair butter

to try for the weekend to try and convert me lol. so i'm going to give it a try (she used my own words to get her to treat her hair better against me lol so i had to lol) and see what she's talking about... all i know is this stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! but she says you get what you pay for you know. she got all of her prods in dec and and she uses it on a regular basis and still has A LOT left so that has me thinking "just maybe" lol

Lucia

I LOVE CAROLS DAUGHTER!!!! i'm getting some of my own :D

Give it another week or 2 before yo put down all that money on a full line wait for some constant results before buying and switching over.
And I use suave its cheap and its great better than WEN that's really expensive.