TL 2011 ON AND CRAKIN

Lucia

HI RAIN054,

HOW DO YOU USE YOUR AVACADO BUTTER, STRAIGHT OR BLENDED WITH OTHER THINGS. I JUST BOUGHT SOME AND I LOVE ALL DAY/ MULTI DAY CONDITIONERS.

Hijacking
I used avocado butter in the past and it was pretty good but I had to reapply every 2 days I use east African Shea butter now and it's very soft not like west Shea and I use it last on my length after my leave ins and my hair is moisturized for days I think max so far is 3 days straight without reapplying or misting my hair. My hair loves this stuff.

Last edited:

Raine054

HI RAIN054,

HOW DO YOU USE YOUR AVACADO BUTTER, STRAIGHT OR BLENDED WITH OTHER THINGS. I JUST BOUGHT SOME AND I LOVE ALL DAY/ MULTI DAY CONDITIONERS.

I use it straight, making sure it's spread really well in my palms before I apply it to my hair. It's really easy to overuse it when you just pick it up with your fingers.

Lita

Love avocado butter..A little goes a long way/Perfect after you wash your hair/add to your conditioner for a nice Dc...

Happy Hair Growing!

Mz.MoMo5235

nothing new here... i have some lead hairs touching crackin but they'll be clipped off when i do my trim and i'm also thinking about having some streaks put in.... just to get ready for summer

Whimsy

i'm going to straighten pretty soon for a length check. I know i'm nowhere near TL but i'll be posting here anyway!

Mz.MoMo5235

so not this friday but next friday i will be posting how much CD i have left because it will be a full 4wk. i must say i'm pretty impressed with whats left.

this was pretty much just a reminder to my self so i know when to post my pix of the prods lil :)

tomorrow i'll be ordering another prod to mix in with my home made juice.

i havent been using my juice cause it doesnt seem to mix well with the CD my hair was feeling crunchy. but with the CD my hair stays moisturized all week (of course i cant promise these results for everyone lol). so i was thinking about getting the tui leave in spray and mixing that with water to use as my juice instead of the glycerin water. i dunno

Mz.MoMo5235

i'm getting really tempted to chop off my hair yall, like a really short pixie. i've wanted one for yrs now but have been scared plus i had all these hair goals to meet and new things to learn

now that i have my reggie down and all i have to do is maintain... i dont, i'm bored i guess and now that the weather is getting warmer i just feel like a change.

originally i was just going to get some streaks put in, but now i'm thinking that wont be enough. i dunno guys :look:

Lucia

i'm getting really tempted to chop off my hair yall, like a really short pixie. i've wanted one for yrs now but have been scared plus i had all these hair goals to meet and new things to learn

now that i have my reggie down and all i have to do is maintain... i dont, i'm bored i guess and now that the weather is getting warmer i just feel like a change.

originally i was just going to get some streaks put in, but now i'm thinking that wont be enough. i dunno guys :look:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Mz.MoMo5235
Where did this come from, you're about to be full HL grazing crakin and you want to mess it up? I smell self-sabotage in the air. Are you alright hope your not letting stress or life get to you. Have you been listening to your hair-hater frenemies?

You haven't even spent time wearing your new longer length out much to enjoy it and you're considering chopping off into a pixie, umm... that's really, REALLY drastic. I mean it's not even cut back to WL or something. I think you're going through a phase and will regret it if you do it on a crazy whim. Remember if you actually do this, you'll have to wait at least 4 years to get your hair back to how it is now.

Buy a short wig and see if you'll really like it, if it suits you, or can even stand not having long hair, if you're even a short hair person cause to rock a pixie you must LOVE short hair not just like it or just for a temporary change, just do the highlights for now. Alternate between the short wig and your real hair out and down.

Also pay attention to who comments on your long hair in a negative way and likes the short wig-that way you'll know who's jealous of you and your hair and sending negative energy your way those are your silent haters (Katt Williams)

IMO if I ever want the short look from this point on I'll never cut it shorter than WL, I'll just get a short bob wig and rock it for a change or until the itch goes away. :meditate:

Last edited:

yamilee21

i'm getting really tempted to chop off my hair yall, like a really short pixie. i've wanted one for yrs now but have been scared plus i had all these hair goals to meet and new things to learn...

April Fools Day is two weeks away; you are too early! :nono:

Seriously, like Lucia said, get a short wig... or just pin up your hair for the short bob look... or let your hair shrink up to its maximum shrinkage, which should be about the same length as the cut you are thinking about.

You know posting here is just a way to get us all to jump in and try to talk you out of cutting anyway, ;). :lol:

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

OMG, i just posted this long arse post and it didnt take!!!!

lemme try this again

Lucia

so i was very serious about the cut. i mean i was set and ready last nite to wake up bright and early today to hit up the barber shop and get my hair chopped... so yes yamilee21 i did post to have someone talk me out of it because i was very serious lol

at this point i still want to cut. i dont know what it is. i guess right now i feel like my life needs a change and the only thing i have 100% control over is my hair you know.
i cant do wigs cause a bob just isnt short enough and to wrap all my hair and put on a super short wig, well, my head looks abnormally huge lmao

another thing is that i dont even think i can enjoy my hair this summer. ITS SOOOO HOT!!! every time i've worn my hair down, it goes up with in 20min cause i'm burning up.

so i guess i will stick with the streaks for now and see if that cancels out the urge to cut.... i dunno

Lucia

OMG, i just posted this long arse post and it didnt take!!!!

lemme try this again

Lucia

so i was very serious about the cut. i mean i was set and ready last nite to wake up bright and early today to hit up the barber shop and get my hair chopped... so yes yamilee21 i did post to have someone talk me out of it because i was very serious lol

at this point i still want to cut. i dont know what it is. i guess right now i feel like my life needs a change and the only thing i have 100% control over is my hair you know.
i cant do wigs cause a bob just isnt short enough and to wrap all my hair and put on a super short wig, well, my head looks abnormally huge lmao

another thing is that i dont even think i can enjoy my hair this summer. ITS SOOOO HOT!!! every time i've worn my hair down, it goes up with in 20min cause i'm burning up.

so i guess i will stick with the streaks for now and see if that cancels out the urge to cut.... i dunno

If thats it then thats not a reason enough to cut that short
just wear a wash and go ir wash and go ponytail that will take care of both

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

no intervention is needed just yet... just an itch that i've had for a while that i cant seem to kick lol.

it seems to creep upon me every spring and it takes all of my will power to overcome it... but sometimes i wonder, if just once, i succumb to the itch, what would happen? how would i feel? would i regret it? would it be the best thing since sliced bread? what if.....

Toy

MoMo,dont be in here talking Crazy we both here in Az i will find you !! Just kidding dont do anything to that Gorgeous hair.

Lucia

no intervention is needed just yet... just an itch that i've had for a while that i cant seem to kick lol.

it seems to creep upon me every spring and it takes all of my will power to overcome it... but sometimes i wonder, if just once, i succumb to the itch, what would happen? how would i feel? would i regret it? would it be the best thing since sliced bread? what if.....

Janet' get in here we need you

Mz.MoMo5235

Your not even sure why you want to do this in the first place. like I said before if you don't love love love super short hair don't do it cause you will regret it another thing you wouldn't have been upset last year about the involuntary chop from HL to BSL if you were truly a short hair person and you wouldn't dare even have a goal of HL or crakin.
Enjoy your hair don't feel guilty or whatever cause you've achieved it you do deserve it.
I think there are ways to get around the heat I mean it's not like your on the equator like I said wash n gos prob with daily rinsing and or CW is the way to go.
Logically you will still feel the same heat your talking about now if you chop your hair off one thing has nothing to do with the other. Choppig your hair off will not make he heat go away you'll still have to wet your hair and wear a hat bc with a buzz cut you won't have any hair to protect your scalp from the heat and the direct sunlight that will hit it and make you more hot than if you had hair protecting your scalp.
I don't know where he itch comes from but I've got over h urge to chop bc I know I love long hair more than short and I hate the scalp length curls that no one sees. the shrinkage on a super short do is epic and when it's that short you can't flat iron or get braids or twists. When I had short hair I lived @ the salon bc I could do nothing with it at all.
So just anayze where this comes from and if this will make you happy or make you miserable and the real motivation behind it sometimes we sabotage ourselves so we can have drama when everything is going well.
try a synthetic wig just flat braid your hair in 2 or 3 sections and tuck and pin the braids in so you can get the full effect of short hair cause that's the only
way to get rid of the itch to chop.

Last edited:

Lucia

Ladies we need an intervention Everyone challengers and supporters jump in
MzMoMo is actually considering chopping her hair off pls check TL crakin thread too

Whimsy

Mz.MoMo5235 i came in here to fight you cuz i heard you were talkin bout cuttin your hair...but reading your post I can kinda understand where you're coming from. I'm not your luscious length yet but i feel the same way sometimes. i just think you may miss it.

I have gone the "experiment with color" route to cure my semi-hair-boredom. maybe color will help you too. don't do streaks, do something more drastic. something to really rev you up..... light brown? red? go for a real change that doesn't involve a pixie. maybe lots of long layers for a different shape and swang.

I just would hate for you to chop and regret it. I was back n forth and back n forth in my head about chopping and shaving my head so i put a date on it I will wait and see how I feel. Maybe you can do the same...

Cuz you know you can grow it back in 4 years to this length nice and healthy with the right reggie that you already have down...but you gotta think if no hair right now is what you really want.

I say go for a change in color, you'll feel better and have something "shiny and new" to think about versus a drastic cut.

PS have you played with wigs?

BostonMaria

Oh heck no!!!!
Mz.MoMo5235 if you're bored go buy a wig or something. I can't believe you're talking about cutting your hair after how upset you were last year when your coworker cut your hair. I'm on the phone with Ninjas right now, they're driving to your house as I type this LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Mz.MoMo5235

oh jebus you got the whole thread on me!!!!!

***runs away in fear***

i'll just color for now. thanks Whimsy just sometimes, i dunno, i just gotta get out of some kinda hair rut that i'm in lol

yamilee21

... i just gotta get out of some kinda hair rut that i'm in lol

I think it's on TLHC that they always say to go buy some new hair toys when you are in a hair rut. Maybe we just need to bump up the Hair Sticks and Flexi-8 threads for you. ;)

Or maybe you could try wearing hats for a while? :spinning:

Whimsy

***runs away in fear***

i'll just color for now. thanks @Whimsy just sometimes, i dunno, i just gotta get out of some kinda hair rut that i'm in lol

YAY
I think color will help.
Also layers.
or new updos and styles.
are there styles you have always wanted to try but havent yet?

lets get you outta this rut!!

Raine054

Mz.MoMo5235 Nooooooooooooooo! You enjoy that mane. I always get the urge to cut when things get rough with me and I'm happy that I've never acted on the idea.

I just bought a tangle teezer and I decided to continue with my stretch because it works so well. I was amazed! Are any of you ladies using it?

Naturallista

***runs away in fear***

i'll just color for now. thanks Whimsy just sometimes, i dunno, i just gotta get out of some kinda hair rut that i'm in lol

Dang girl, you made me come out of lurkdom.

Thank God you are not cutting! I love your hair!

Lucia

Mz.MoMo5235 Nooooooooooooooo! You enjoy that mane. I always get the urge to cut when things get rough with me and I'm happy that I've never acted on the idea.

I just bought a tangle teezer and I decided to continue with my stretch because it works so well. I was amazed! Are any of you ladies using it?

Yes I use it when I have knots in my hair it works great. there's a tangle teezer thread too.

bimtheduck

I agree with the other ladies get a wig, color your hair or if you really want to cut it get it cut to a length closer to waist so its not to drastic, or maybe layers but a pixie needs some serious serious thought.

anon123

I say try a short wig or weave for a while and see if you really like it. But I don't know how short wigs or weaves can get. Do they make pixie cut wigs?