TL 2011 ON AND CRAKIN

Mz.MoMo5235

I say try a short wig or weave for a while and see if you really like it. But I don't know how short wigs or weaves can get. Do they make pixie cut wigs?

they do, but i cant wear them cause i personally cant braid my own hair small enough and everyone who i know that braids does it wwwaaayyy too tight and i wont risk it. so when i wear my short wigs my head looks super big.... like a bobble head or something lol :lachen:

classychic1908

i'm getting really tempted to chop off my hair yall, like a really short pixie. i've wanted one for yrs now but have been scared plus i had all these hair goals to meet and new things to learn

now that i have my reggie down and all i have to do is maintain... i dont, i'm bored i guess and now that the weather is getting warmer i just feel like a change.

originally i was just going to get some streaks put in, but now i'm thinking that wont be enough. i dunno guys :look:

Please ma'am step away from the scissors!!!! :pullhair: For the love of long hair, please just try something else!!!!

I'll now return to lurk mode...

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

i put streaks in

i'll do a trim at the end of the month with a length check lol

i'll also update with pix of my hair tomorrow once i'm fully awake lol

Mz.MoMo5235

here are the streaks on me hair

soonergirl

I loooooooovvvvvvveeeee your color!!! I too got streaks the other day, and was concerned as I thought of you ladies as none of the w/l and t/l ladies have color.. I kinda regretted my decision!!! not anymore...Beautiful!!

Lucia

Just wanted to share with you ladies I got a compliment on my natural hair
And shocker he was Indian fresh off the boat cause he had a thick accent.
He's like you have nice hair pretty you dont put nothing in your hair low maintenance
My hair wasn't down it was up in my baggie bun front slicked back w aloe vera gel. So I'm surprised my daily bun got a compliment.

Last edited:

schipperchow1

Here are my stats:
- I am grazing HL now
- Short term goal - to have the rest of my hair catch up to those lead hairs:grin:
- Long term goal/dream - solid TL & crackin w/ inches to spare:rolleyes:
- Regimen - I don't really have a regimen. I just listen to my hair & respond accordingly. This winter I did roller sets & used various oil combos to maintain (generally alternated b/w monoi oil, QB Honey Balm - ends only & MyHoneyChild Old Fashioned Grease - again, ends only). I usually wear my hair in a simple cinnamon bun or on occassion, a French Braid or 2 Pocohontas style braids. I will probably continue this until June 21/22, after which time I will go to summer practices which is generally CW & leave ins/stylers.

I don't know if I will make TL & crackin this year after my set back last year, but I am definitely enjoying my hair & am glad to see other women sharing this journey:yep:

Happy, Healthy Hair Growing :sunshine:

here are the streaks on me hair

Wow, this looks really nice Mz.MoMo!!! You already know you're my hair inspiration! lol

I am so bored with my hair.
Recently, I was thinking about highlighting my hair with brown streaks and everyone is telling me not to. Your hair just made me change my mind again!

LoveLongLocks

:wave: Hey ladies...

@ Mz.MoMo5235 - Love the highlights!!! They look great... good way to keep you from getting bored w/o damaging your hair.

Whimsy: Your layers are growing beautifully. - I recently had layers cut in my hair, and seeing how pretty your hair looks makes me feel even better about the decision. - It looks "sexy"

As for me - I am checking in early for my pic update, b/c I will be out on vacation for the dates of the update.
This is my natural hair, wash and go -half in a bun. I still have layers, V' shaped hemline, and the only trim that I have done has been in the front - no the length. I have straightened only once this year, and plan to keep it to a minimal - b/c it is pretty pointless for me to straight (due high levels of activities)

I believe that the only way that I will "Crack" this year is if I do not cut/trim anymore than an 1" this entire year. Which means that I have to keep my hands out of my hair this year...:lick:

Thank you ladies for your support and encouragement. Happy Growing!

Attachments

• March 2011HairJournal.jpg
    March 2011HairJournal.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 72

LoveLongLocks

Whimsy, I am in purgatory just slowly creeping past waist length.
At my cut I was probably MBL touching Waist, and now I am about to graduate into full waist length.

- blunt cuts are beautiful, but that "thick" - V looks very nice.

Lucia

@ Mz.MoMo5235 - Love the highlights!!! They look great... good way to keep you from getting bored w/o damaging your hair.

Whimsy: Your layers are growing beautifully. - I recently had layers cut in my hair, and seeing how pretty your hair looks makes me feel even better about the decision. - It looks "sexy"

As for me - I am checking in early for my pic update, b/c I will be out on vacation for the dates of the update.
This is my natural hair, wash and go -half in a bun. I still have layers, V' shaped hemline, and the only trim that I have done has been in the front - no the length. I have straightened only once this year, and plan to keep it to a minimal - b/c it is pretty pointless for me to straight (due high levels of activities)

I believe that the only way that I will "Crack" this year is if I do not cut/trim anymore than an 1" this entire year. Which means that I have to keep my hands out of my hair this year...:lick:

Pretty, your hairs looking good and longer and I love the curls.

Vintagecoilylocks

Your curls are beautiful . I agree about the thick v hemline looking so good. It has such a classic softness to it.

Mz.MoMo5235

oooh, you guys are gonna kill me!!!!

i havent been taking care of my ends the way i'm supposed to. i guess i was enjoying my length too much :(

flat ironed... as you see, i didnt gain any length and my ends are thin and ratty

so i chopped some hair :D

and here i am now

on the good side, i'm nice and blunt with good ends again. i just have to be careful from here on :(

BostonMaria

Wow!!!!

Not for nothing Momo, but I don't think it was necessary to cut that damn much. In my opinion, and my opinion is highly regarded in most countries LOL , I think you only needed a dusting of your ends. I feel hurt. I actually shed a tear this morning LMAO!! :lachen:

LoveLongLocks

Mz.MoMo5235
You have to love your hair. So, if it makes you happier with it - then that is all that matters. You like it - I love it! Your hair is "LOVELY"!!! Got me dreaming of highlights....

Lucia

Wow!!!!

Not for nothing Momo, but I don't think it was necessary to cut that damn much. In my opinion, and my opinion is highly regarded in most countries LOL , I think you only needed a dusting of your ends. I feel hurt. I actually shed a tear this morning LMAO!! :lachen:
Mz.MoMo5235 :fistshake:

ITA w/ BMaria I think you could have cut less like where your index finger knuckle is that would have gotten to the thicker part of your ends and taken care of any splits. So you're WL again huh?

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

:( yes.... back to wl

JESUS TOLD ME I HAD TO CUT THAT MUCH! I PROMISE!!!!

i was just getting frustrated with taking the pix of the length shots that it looked ratty unless i bunched up the ends together. if i had it separated the way i do in the after cut shot, you could see my shirt all the way up to where i cut :(