Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge 10/1/13-12/31/13

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
BraunSugar Those are cute. It's funny because I used to wear tiny Senagalese twists all the time, but I don't have the patience to do them on my own hair.

bronxsoloist Congrats@ and welcome.

As for me, I'm in another set of twists. I have medium sized twists all over with some small flat twists on the right side of my head. I will see if I can get a decent pic up.

BraunSugar

Thank you all!
I'm a happy newlywed
And I'm a happy newbie to this forum and challenge

bronxsoloist That's awesome! Love the picture. :) My husband and I eloped almost 3 years ago on Dec 30. We went on a road trip to Idaho and got married. I say it's the way to go. :lol: I hope you are both happy and that you will have a lifetime of great experiences and memories.

faithVA

Wore my twists until Sunday morning and wore a twist out Sunday and Monday. Washed my hair Monday night and its back in flat twists. Had one idea in my head but it came out differently. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Will check out Pinterest to see if I can find some style ideas.

Here are my self-done braids w/out extensions. Not very clear but I think it will do.

Attachments

• image-2511076497.jpg
    image-2511076497.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image-3157185747.jpg
    image-3157185747.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image-1057916386.jpg
    image-1057916386.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 33

faithVA

[USER=182418 said:
goingBack2black[/USER];19097415]Here are my self-done braids w/out extensions. Not very clear but I think it will do.

Remember to complete your initial post for the challenge. Just answer the starting questions from Post #1 and you are ready to go.

FoxxyLocs

I've been wearing my jumbo twists (on blow dried hair) in a bun. I'll keep them until my next wash. I'll probably need to redo them before them.

Last edited:

Shun78

I wore my hair in "mini-medium" twists for about a week and a half, washed, and re twisted.

I found the perfect shirt that I converted and use for length checks! Hopefully, I will put the scissors down and let my hair grow with the help of twists, buns, etc...

Attachments

• image-3538711221.jpg
    image-3538711221.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image-1547587514.jpg
    image-1547587514.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image-2389885111.jpg
    image-2389885111.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 29

whit923

Nothing exciting around these parts. I've been wearing my twists in a high bun for the last week and a half. Today is no different. I moisturized last night with the Moisture butter and some coconut oil.

Remember to complete your initial post for the challenge. Just answer the starting questions from Post #1 and you are ready to go.

:blush::blush: I thought I was forgetting something!

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Braids

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? Wash condition every week to every two weeks and moisture an seal. ALSO doing the inversion method and using my Ayurvedic powders as well.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Not having to rely on weaves and artificial hair to achieve my hair goal

5. Will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? I am trying to keep my styles in for 1 month at a time

6. Include Starting Pic. pictures are above

Last edited:
I wore my hair in "mini-medium" twists for about a week and a half, washed, and re twisted.

I found the perfect shirt that I converted and use for length checks! Hopefully, I will put the scissors down and let my hair grow with the help of twists, buns, etc...

I LOVE your twist. I tried to twist my hair but it was an epic fail. For some reason, my hair doesn't agree with the whole twisting concept I think regardless of who does it. I will try to get them professionally done again and see if that takes.

BraunSugar

**INSPIRATION PICS: FLAT TWISTS**

Duchess007

I'm in jumbo twists (there are about eight) this week. Have DC'd twice since my henna last weekend and will probably do so again tomorrow.

Did inversion last week and it worked! I got about an inch of growth. Massaged scalp with oil every day for ten minutes and then inverted (hung my head off the side of the bed) for four.

image-2938625408.jpg

image-2484921703.jpg

Alternated these oils:

image-497592522.jpg

image-2424429929.jpg

image-692833897.jpg

image-3839373545.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Duchess007 so glad inversion worked for you. :woot: I think my scalp is used to my sulfur oils. I will lay off sulfur this week and revisit MN for the rest of the month. I WILL get my two inches by December!

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

faithVA

They look good. I wish twist would work for me but they don't.

Thank You! We have to work what we have. I have to wear twist or braids. My shrinkage is so extreme, I really can't get away with too much else :ohwell: Trust me if I could get by with a bun, that's probably all i would be wearing.

Duchess007

I sure didn't DC on Wednesday. Sounded good in theory but I was just not ready for my hair to be soaking wet all night and day. M&Sd with my mixes and kept it moving. lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

image-2724081652.jpg

Attachments

• image-4079383482.jpg
    image-4079383482.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I want to get this style but they would have to add hair to the ends so I could get the big luscious bun thing going

Attachments

• image-3035812335.jpg
    image-3035812335.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 24