Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge 10/1/13-12/31/13

faithVA

Wore my hair out a bit Saturday but washed and put it right back up Sunday night. I have flat twists, flat twisted into 2 flat twists going back. Easy to care for and will help keep my hands out of my hair. I will post pics tonight.

BraunSugar

After I take down my braids at the end of the month, I think I will wear some medium twists for a few weeks. This picture inspired me from Facebook:

Her color is pretty too! No more bleach for me though. :)

dicapr

I'm not doing much. I roller set my twist for about two weeks then took them down. I washed, did a light protein treatment, and I've been bunning ever since. Hopefully I can see my stylist and get a updo.

faithVA

Here are my flat twist, put into 2 flat twists going back.

FTBK102113P1 (418x374).jpg

FTRT102113P1 (396x471).jpg

FTTP102113P1 (434x511).jpg

If anyone runs across a flat twist style they think I can do, please let me know. I need about 8 more styles to get me through this year.

whit923

After I take down my braids at the end of the month, I think I will wear some medium twists for a few weeks. This picture inspired me from Facebook:

Her color is pretty too! No more bleach for me though. :)

Talk about hair envy! I have been eyeing bleached/blonde hair for a minute. This is not helping my obsession. :drunk::spinning:

Here are my flat twist, put into 2 flat twists going back.

View attachment 230259

View attachment 230261

View attachment 230263

If anyone runs across a flat twist style they think I can do, please let me know. I need about 8 more styles to get me through this year.

This is nice. Your flat twists are always so neat.

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I'm in my usual two strand twist pinup. I'll be wearing it out this weekend. Humidity is down so my twistout should remain defined for a couple days without retwisting.

faithVA

Talk about hair envy! I have been eyeing bleached/blonde hair for a minute. This is not helping my obsession. :drunk::spinning:
Fight the obsession. Buy a blond wig :yep: The twists are very nice though.

This is nice. Your flat twists are always so neat.

Thank You. Can't wait to get to loose twists like yours though. :yep: Then I can do some things.

BraunSugar

BraunSugar anymore shots of her hair? Like the coloring

virtuenow, no that was the only photoset posted that I saw of this lady.

The woman who styled her hair has a gallery on BGLH. There are a lot of braids, twists, flat twisted and cornrowed updos.

I tried to post some of the pictures but they will not show up for some reason. :ohwell:

Here is the link if you guys want to see them.

BraunSugar

BraunSugar anymore shots of her hair? Like the coloring

virtuenow, no that was the only photoset posted that I saw of this lady.

The woman who styled her hair has a gallery on BGLH. There are a lot of braids, twists, flat twisted and cornrowed updos.

I tried to post some of the pictures but they will not show up for some reason. :ohwell:

Here is the link if you guys want to see them.

Leslie_C

Count me in ladies! I've been mia from the board since my BC in April but ready to jump back in.

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Buns/updos or twists
2. What is your style maintenance regimen? I deep condition on dry hair once a week, then cowash and style. After five days in a protective style I will cowash and do a wash and go for three days. Put hair away until wash day and repeat.
3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural.
4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Length retention.
5. Will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? 3 days
6. Include Starting Pic. (You will not be an official challenger without one). Attached pic is my hair stretched from banding.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131024_165406.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131024_165406.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 25

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Pics of my typical weekly style. I jazz it up with a hair toy every day. Some weeks I get "fancy" and put in some flat twists in the front.

ForumRunner_20131024_173620.jpg

ForumRunner_20131024_173630.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

BraunSugar

My braids are still holding up good.

Three days ago my grandmother passed away. I am going to Detroit this weekend for the funeral and once I get back home I will redo my hair. I've been trying to just function normally like nothing has happened. :sad:

Anyway, I'll take care of all of that next week.

whit923

My braids are still holding up good. Three days ago my grandmother passed away. I am going to Detroit this weekend for the funeral and once I get back home I will redo my hair. I've been trying to just function normally like nothing has happened. :sad: Anyway, I'll take care of all of that next week.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. :hugs: and :prayers:

~~~~~~~~

I think my twists are on their last leg. I had such high hopes for them in terms of styling but I have been bunning them 95% of the time. I'm not looking forward to the take down this weekend, cause I have mine and many daughters mini twists to contend with.

faithVA

Three days ago my grandmother passed away. I am going to Detroit this weekend for the funeral and once I get back home I will redo my hair. I've been trying to just function normally like nothing has happened. :sad:

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope you have a safe trip and hopefully spending time with your family will help ease the pain. I am glad that you had a chance to have your grandmother around for so long though. :yep: Grandmother's are so special.

BraunSugar

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope you have a safe trip and hopefully spending time with your family will help ease the pain. I am glad that you had a chance to have your grandmother around for so long though. :yep: Grandmother's are so special.

Yes they are! My grandmother lived to be 81. Her health deteriorated the last few years and I am glad she doesn't have to be on a lot of medicine or suffer anymore. That's a good thing.

faithVA

My hair has been doing very well and I think most of it has to do with dropping oil from my regimen : I twisted my hair up on Sunday and have been spritzing and baggying nightly. It is now the end of the week and my hair still looks neat. Usually by Wednesday, my hair is a fuzzy, frizzy mess. By Thursday, I am just embarrassed. On Friday, I usually do a twist out to spare myself further embarrassment. My hair looks like I could get a 2nd week out of it. I am so surprised.

If I can get my moisture levels up I may be able to keep my flat twist in for 2 weeks.

ckisland

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)?
Clipped up or bunned braidout
2. What is your style maintenance regimen?
prepoo w/oil, poo, DC (alternating between Aphogee and other) 1x/week
Put my hair in twists to dry and then 2-4 braids to stretch, using Cantu and grease for a braidout
At night, gently put my hair in 1 twist or 3 braids and add oil when needed
Wear hair clipped up and messily bunned
3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning?
Natural
4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge?
Retain as much length as possible because I need every single cm. I also will learn how to be gentle when it comes to styling my hair, and how to stick to a regimen.
5. Will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days?
2 days tops
6. Include Starting Pic. (You will not be an official challenger without one).

Attachments

• APL 10.25.13.jpg
    APL 10.25.13.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

jesusislove1526

BraunSugar: My condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Sending up prayers of comfort for you and your family.

I took out my medium twists the other day, so tomorrow will be detangling, washing, DCing, oil rinsing day. I may lightly blow dry again depending on the amount of time I have. Next style up will be mini twists with braided roots that I will hopefully keep in until around Thanksgiving-the beginning of December. I want to put in a semi-permanent color then.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Oh I am so sorry for your loss Braun! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If you need anyone to talk to you can always PM me... sigh I'm crying now.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
BraunSugar, I hope that you and your family are staying strong, leaning on each other, and doing well. My condolences.

Still bunning. Still talking about twisting my hair. Still haven't done it. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

jesusislove1526

BraunSugar: My condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Sending up prayers of comfort for you and your family.

I took out my medium twists the other day, so tomorrow will be detangling, washing, DCing, oil rinsing day. I may lightly blow dry again depending on the amount of time I have. Next style up will be mini twists with braided roots that I will hopefully keep in until around Thanksgiving-the beginning of December. I want to put in a semi-permanent color then.

Change of plans...after I do my routine today I am going to bun for the week because I want to start using Kinky Curly Knot Today for my leave in and I won't get it until the weekend. After that, then mini twists.