Waist Length 2014

ImanAdero

I might have cut off a little more than I had planned...

I'm still hovering in BSL territory but it's time to move ON! Onto WL!

TeeBee

WELP. I've got color damage. My prior heat damage didn't help the situation either. Thankfully, I only dyed a small portion..but it's located in the front of my hair (which is already delicate, you would think I'd know better) looooong sigh. The curls aren't straight, just weakened.

JosieLynn

So I ordered the "femy" wig from finger comber and it finally came. Wigging it up! I low key love it. It's soooooooo much longer than I expected, it's basically Tailbone length lol but it feels really nice and doesn't seem to do extreme shedding or tangling. And I blended it with my hair pretty well. Now I feel like my wig collection is complete and I'm ready to wig it up prolly for the rest of the year

ETA: the wig is advertised to be mid-back length but I'm almost a midget,it literally touches my tailbone lol but the density is pretty similar to mine which is kinda medium-low so I like that.

Attachments

• image-2666589783.jpg
    image-2666589783.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3403470762.jpg
    image-3403470762.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3211338202.jpg
    image-3211338202.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

sipp100 that is you in your avatar isn't it? Looks nice and full, but you know what is best. You will grow/retain four inches in no time, I'm sure.

Froreal3

Not getting all my Mentions, for some reason - sorry for the delay. Thanks for the encouragement!

My avatar is one of my daughters. The siggy is me. I need to change those pics. I cut her back to MBL, too. She said she didn't like her hair that long. Three months have passed since her cut and she told me a couple days ago that she's gonna grow it back to HL. :rolleyes:

I think I'll be satisfied with the thickness by the end of the year and then can move on to longer lengths...

beauti

bump...i had to do a search for this thread!! What y'all doing?? I'm weaved up as of today. Hiding until April

halfindian

I've been trying to protective style. Been Bunning my hair. I've joined the stocking ponytail holder wagon. I'm in need of a deep condition but not handling my hair much so we can wait a little.

ImanAdero

I highly doubt I make waist length this year, but in still trucking along.

I've re-discovered castor oil. My hair feels soooooo much better since using it

I DO need to put my hair away soon though, but I think I want a weave. I just know I wouldn't want to keep the weave in for longer than a few weeks... Maybe I'll get a friend to do it so I don't send crazy money on an install.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Nothing different for me either. I feel of the Crown & Glory thing. I just like playing in my hair every week too much. I had extensions for years and years (before hhj), so now I'd like to wear my own hair for a change.

Still on my Priteva & sulfur oil regimen. I think it's helping my shorter side catch up.

tiajonay

I've been wearing my hair out in some sort of stretched style. Haven't used heat since the beginning of January.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm still hanging in there. Started wearing a pony because I do not enjoy my hair. It will probably be bunned up next week, but I'm glad I let it out to play.

ImanAdero

ImanAdero how are you using the castor oil? To seal? In your dc? I love castor oil but I don't think my hair does anymore :ohwell:

I used it to seal. And it's weird, I'm using regular, not jbco. I didn't like jbco the last time I tried it for some reason.

But my hair feels super soft.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Hey Ladies! Still trucking along roller setting every 2 weeks. I'm trying styles after my hair is stretched from my roller sets here and there but they don't last more than a few days. My pregnancy got my hormones all out of wack so anytime hair touches my face, I break out so most of the time my hair is up...either in goddess braids or 1 big bantu knot. Nothing new to report really.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Finally have a roller set that I like. Will wear it out tomorrow, then bun with a banana clip.

ForumRunner_20140223_205536.jpg

ForumRunner_20140223_205549.jpg

ForumRunner_20140223_205558.jpg

ForumRunner_20140223_205606.jpg

ForumRunner_20140223_205614.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Sprinkl3s

I straightened my hair (will post pics later.... I promise) but my hair didn't move at all. I have been cutting as all I see is splits, splits, and more splits. I don't think I'm going to make WL this year, kind of makes me sad.

Also my hair feels soo weak in its straightened state. I have breakage every time I touch it. I won't be straightening my hair again anytime soon.

Sprinkl3s

Not sure if I want to wash it now or wait till the weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Hair Update:

Early this year, I made a list of about 5 things I wanted to accomplish with my hair. One of those things were to attempt a silk roller wrap and another one was to perfect my straightening technique. Little did I know that those two things would go hand in hand. I did a silk wrap and it got my hair straight y'all!!! I loved this technique so much that it will be what I use from here on out when I want to wear my hair straight! The only direct heat I used was when I flat ironed the roots. I didn't have to blowfry, use heat on the length or ends of my hair nor use a curling iron. All it took was a roller set!!!!

Also, it's been about 6 months since my last trim so I will be trimming about a 1/2 an inch all around. I'll trim another 1/2 inch in 6 more months. I think I'll stick to that schedule instead of trimming 1 inch annually. It all equates to the same amount of hair being removed anyways! I've been watching MoKnowsHair's method on trimming and it's the same one my stylist use so I'll do it that way. Similar to this video
http://youtu.be/PlqiBS9nwws

And lastly: I have to be completely honest with the Ladies in this challenge. I'm really not obsessing much over length. It's almost comparable to how I'm not obsessing over cutting my relaxed ends off. You know it's going to happen eventually so why put a time limit to it? Yes I'll probably still reach waist this year because I know my hair is growing, I'm just enjoying the ride and loving discovering all the things my hair is capable of. So with that being said, I won't be updating here anymore but will be rooting and checking on y'all from the sidelines!!!

Pic 1: after roller setting and flat ironing my roots

Pic 2: after the saran wrap

Last edited:

TeeBee

Hair Update: Early this year, I made a list of about 5 things I wanted to accomplish with my hair. One of those things were to attempt a silk roller wrap and another one was to perfect my straightening technique. Little did I know that those two things would go hand in hand. I did a silk wrap and it got my hair straight y'all!!! I loved this technique so much that it will be what I use from here on out when I want to wear my hair straight! The only direct heat I used was when I flat ironed the roots. I didn't have to blowfry, use heat on the length or ends of my hair nor use a curling iron. All it took was a roller set!!!! Also, it's been about 6 months since my last trim so I will be trimming about a 1/2 an inch all around. I'll trim another 1/2 inch in 6 more months. I think I'll stick to that schedule instead of trimming 1 inch annually. It all equates to the same amount of hair being removed anyways! I've been watching MoKnowsHair's method on trimming and it's the same one my stylist use so I'll do it that way. Similar to this video http://youtu.be/PlqiBS9nwws And lastly: I have to be completely honest with the Ladies in this challenge. I'm really not obsessing much over length. It's almost comparable to how I'm not obsessing over cutting my relaxed ends off. You know it's going to happen eventually so why put a time limit to it? Yes I'll probably still reach waist this year because I know my hair is growing, I'm just enjoying the ride and loving discovering all the things my hair is capable of. So with that being said, I won't be updating here anymore but will be rooting and checking on y'all from the sidelines!!! Pic 1: after roller setting and flat ironing my roots Pic 2: after the saran wrap
*round of applause* you go girl!! Your hair looks amazing. I still have yet to master the roller set..that's on my list. I want to reach waist length but I don't want the journey to consume me. I want to enjoy my hair! I completely understand.

TeeBee

Just to piggyback off my response to lulu.. I want to enjoy my hair! That said..colored my hair again. I know I said I wouldn't, buuut I know not never to trust a single word I say lol. I change my mind frequently.

image-1021048004.jpg

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
*round of applause* you go girl!! Your hair looks amazing. I still have yet to master the roller set..that's on my list. I want to reach waist length but I don't want the journey to consume me. I want to enjoy my hair! I completely understand.

Thank you for the compliment!
I knew you would feel me! :)

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Just to piggyback off my response to lulu.. I want to enjoy my hair! That said..colored my hair again. I know I said I wouldn't, buuut I know not never to trust a single word I say lol. I change my mind frequently.

OMG!!! I loooooovvvve it! Beautiful and shiny!

bronzephoenix

Luxurious!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

halfindian

Loving your colour!

thaidreams

Your color is beautiful! I want to get some color done this weekend, but not on my hair. I experienced a lot of postpartum shedding and as a result my hair is really thin now.

image-173994681.jpg

TeeBee

Your color is beautiful! I want to get some color done this weekend, but not on my hair. I experienced a lot of postpartum shedding and as a result my hair is really thin now.
I peep that super cute nursing cover tho!! Thank you. I think your hair looks wonderful ;)

bronzephoenix

Trying to hang in there... But I've been trimming. And this morning a bc'd a tiny section in my nape... Now I have a little tail! But it feels awesome. And I so miss my texture. I am tempted to cut :( I will hold off for as long as I can... Some days I don't know wth I want from my hair.

ETA: pics

image-1867943360.jpg

image-2911545908.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited: