Waist Length 2014

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Ive washed 2x in the past month. It helps with moisture, but I'm scared of a setback. I think after this week, I will start back with washing 1x a week.

ImanAdero

Washed my hair...

I'm kind stuck on what I want to do with my hair next. I might rod set on dry hair later... I dunno.

I'm bored with my hair. Maybe I'll do a rinse. I thought about it and might actually do it so I can have a little color lift.

Either that or putting it away again. I'm thinking a weave with waves and bangs or marley twists again.

Not quite sure though... Maybe I'll updo braid it...

LongCurlyLocks

Ha!! I started this thread, but unfortunately guys I'm going to have to drop out. I did a MAJOR big chop last night. I went from basically bra strap to like the nape of my neck??? Yeah. I just got tired of the nasty ends and since I'm wigging it up, it's not a big deal. I'm going to have to now because I hate short hair on me, even though because of my natural curls it's kinda cute. Like on the weekends or when I don't have to work and taking a break I will wear it curly. Plus, I just ordered some HairFinity so hopefully that will help. So happy growing, ladies!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Did a LC because I wanted to assess my ends. Obviously, I need to check my ends after wash day and closer to wash day. In happy with them today. It will be a while before I'm waist length, but by the summer, I hope to wear my hair out a few times. Definitely gonna enjoy my hair more.

Attachments

• image-4016437186.jpg
    image-4016437186.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 108

bronzephoenix

Ha!! I started this thread, but unfortunately guys I'm going to have to drop out. I did a MAJOR big chop last night. I went from basically bra strap to like the nape of my neck??? Yeah. I just got tired of the nasty ends and since I'm wigging it up, it's not a big deal. I'm going to have to now because I hate short hair on me, even though because of my natural curls it's kinda cute. Like on the weekends or when I don't have to work and taking a break I will wear it curly. Plus, I just ordered some HairFinity so hopefully that will help. So happy growing, ladies!

Omg, please don't encourage me! Lol I'm glad to hear someone had the strength to do what I can't do (just yet). Of all the times I've gone & whacked all of my hair off, this is the one time I've felt... Afraid. So embarrassing. I promised myself I'd hold off until I could fully commit to a 3rd bc... Or not :/ Kudos to you & enjoy your twa for me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Cowashed this evening after working out. Hair/scalp felt icky. Now feels great. I used Keravada Kera 10 co-wash. Hair felt soft and supple with a nice, clean scalp. I used Soultanicals Knot Sauce leave in and sealed with Hairveda Vatika Frosting. Used a little of the Soultanicals Knot Butta on the ends. Then I twisted in about 12 large twists braided up into a bun.

LongCurlyLocks

Omg, please don't encourage me! Lol I'm glad to hear someone had the strength to do what I can't do (just yet). Of all the times I've gone & whacked all of my hair off, this is the one time I've felt... Afraid. So embarrassing. I promised myself I'd hold off until I could fully commit to a 3rd bc... Or not :/ Kudos to you & enjoy your twa for me!!! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Now wait a minute...I don't have a TWA, I do have some hair lol. And the messed up part I was it trying to cut that much; I was only going for a couple inches. But anyway I do think it was the best thing because I just washed my hair and I barely had any shedding, my ends feel great. So I think as long as I take care or my hair inside and out and keep the ends on lock I will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

CheChe1881

I have been wanting to join this board for centuries. (Super Lurker here)
I hope it's not too late to join.

My hair is on the line that marks "3" on my shirt, to be WL I need it to be around "8" which makes that a 5 inch difference.

Here is my starting pic:

Last edited:

TeeBee

I just finished taking my first bottle of Manetabolism, will start Be Beautiful by GNC tomorrow.

image-1662348696.jpg

Hair/skin/nail vits will now be a staple in my reggie. My hair is thriving!!

halfindian

I would like to mark my shirt for length checks. How do you ladies go about doing it? Can someone write a tutorial or make a YouTube video on how to go about doing this please?

TeeBee

So, it's been 6 months since my last length check! (Official style, tape measure and urrythang) I'm shocked, cause that went by fast. I should have retained 3 inches. We'll see. I'm super excited! Can't wait to get home..still stuck at work.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I would like to mark my shirt for length checks. How do you ladies go about doing it? Can someone write a tutorial or make a YouTube video on how to go about doing this please?

@halfinidian I would just imagine getting a ruler and marking off every inch. Then get a yardstick or something and trace the line across the shirt. You can start from the shoulders. You can then put on the shirt and write APL, BSB, MBL, WL or any other markers you want.

growbaby

Trucking along.. Heat free for all of 2014 so far n planning to keep it that way. I'm 12 weeks post and planning to touch up this week but my new growth is beyond manageable so I'm gonna push it back a week or 2

ImanAdero

Still trucking along as well.

Again don't think I'll make WL, but thinking of a way to optimize growth. I think I'll start taking biotin again. Either that or the Hair Skin and Nails vitamin I bought...

Actually I'll start with the vitamin and go back to biotin after that.

halfindian

Currently battling a flaky scalp. Did a hot oil treatment with organics carrot tea tree oil. It can be used for scalp massages, as a hot oil treatment and on your skin.

Last edited:

TeeBee

Hmmm. Somehow, my hair is the same length as it was 6 mos ago?!?! I'm confused. My hair is noticeably longer!!! I'll wait a few more days when my hair is more stretched out.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Prepooed this evening. Am about to cowash, DC, etc. etc. I will throw my hair in two braids again.

Still applying my sulfur oil every other day and taking Priteva. I will have been taking Priteva for three months this week.

When are our check in dates? The ones in the op are confusing. I'm going to check in every four months. So that is April, August, and December.

ImanAdero

I think I'll make tomorrow wash night. My scalp feels pretty ridiculous right now and I think I'm actually going to try to wash once a week instead of the week and a half/every other week "schedule" I'm on now.

I feel like my hair is stagnant and because I'm not putting heat to it for a while, I'm trying to figure out different styles. My ends are currently uncoiling due to the last time I straightened my hair so I need to lay off heat for a bit. I keep asking myself, what can I do to get the most out of my hair while still not doing the most lol. So I think weekly washes/deep conditioning will be the move. I also need a trim schedule. I'll try to trim again in May and take as bomb care as possible of these ends.

Maybe I'll try to get more creative with my styles and try some braid updos.

Oh and I want to do a red rinse over these highlites I have going on right now. That will keep things interesting AND seal my hair lol.

halfindian

My hair was a tangled mess from all those scalp massages and oils being put in twice daily. Sigh. I had to do a water wash this morning and detangle in the shower. Styled a low bun hope to leave it that way for the rest of the week and limit the manipulation. Guess I won't be doing inversion. My new growth can't take it. Pulled off a sunnieb this morning with my wet bun in a hair net.