Waistlength and Beyond – Names + Regimens!

wyldcurlz

since my recent hair disaster/SHS hair murder :( i'm searching these reggies for ideas on how to care for my hair.

anyone want to UPDATE their regimen? any new waistlength and beyond ladies??? tell us what you did!! thanks!

FoxxyLocs

The regimen that got me to MBL was very simple. Shampoo every 1-2 weeks. D/C twice a month. Use a leave in daily. Moisturize and seal my ends 3-4 times a week. Detangle once a week. PS with twists 90% of the time. Sleep with a scarf. No heat.

I only used cheap products - suave shampoo & conditioner, fruit of the earth aloe gel, castor oil, and olive oil.

Once I got to MBL I locked my hair for 2.5 yrs, and then combed them out a few months ago. After a trim my hair is at WL.

I've made some changes since I took my locs out. I use shampoo bars and make my own conditioner. And I prepoo with oil now, which I never did before. I have started to D/C weekly. I've also done a couple of light protein treatments, which I never needed before. I probably won't do them anymore once I feel like my hair is back to normal.

ETA: I wanted to add that I very rarely co-wash, hardly ever. When I first b/c'd I tried frequent co-washing, but it left me with scalp buildup so I stopped. Then last month I tried co-washing once a week and wet bunning. It was ok, but really unnecessary, so thats the end of that. Just wanted to throw that out there because I know so many people swear by it.

Sent from my HTC Evo

SmilingElephant

It's so funny I JUST thought about this thread! Then I JUST logged on and somebody JUST bumped it up!! Lol!! I think i'm gonna start towards the beginning and look for tips :)

FoxxyLocs

FoxxyLocs

Did I read your post right, you loc'd at MBL but after 2.5 years you were only at WL?

No, my hair was TBL at the longest parts, maybe longer. I didn't measure or anything because I knew my ends weren't healthy and I needed a trim. My post said after a trim, I'm at WL.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Harina

The regimen that got me to MBL was very simple. Shampoo every 1-2 weeks. D/C twice a month. Use a leave in daily. Moisturize and seal my ends 3-4 times a week. Detangle once a week. PS with twists 90% of the time. Sleep with a scarf. No heat.

I only used cheap products - suave shampoo & conditioner, fruit of the earth aloe gel, castor oil, and olive oil.

Once I got to MBL I locked my hair for 2.5 yrs, and then combed them out a few months ago. After a trim my hair is at WL.

I've made some changes since I took my locs out. I use shampoo bars and make my own conditioner. And I prepoo with oil now, which I never did before. I have started to D/C weekly. I've also done a couple of light protein treatments, which I never needed before. I probably won't do them anymore once I feel like my hair is back to normal.

ETA: I wanted to add that I very rarely co-wash, hardly ever. When I first b/c'd I tried frequent co-washing, but it left me with scalp buildup so I stopped. Then last month I tried co-washing once a week and wet bunning. It was ok, but really unnecessary, so thats the end of that. Just wanted to throw that out there because I know so many people swear by it.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Hi Foxxy,
How long did it take you to get to MBL and what was your starting length? What was the leave-in that you used?

Tia!

FoxxyLocs

Hi Foxxy,
How long did it take you to get to MBL and what was your starting length? What was the leave-in that you used?

Tia!

My last relaxer was in October 2004. I started my locs in May 2008, so that's about 3.5 years from 0 to MBL.

I used a little bit of Suave conditioner mixed with water and castor oil as my leave in. Later I switched to aloe, water, and castor oil, which I like better. Both of them worked fine though.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Shadiyah

My last relaxer was in October 2004. I started my locs in May 2008, so that's about 3.5 years from 0 to MBL.

I used a little bit of Suave conditioner mixed with water and castor oil as my leave in. Later I switched to aloe, water, and castor oil, which I like better. Both of them worked fine though.

Sent from my HTC Evo

what the heck!!!!! man my hair grows slow as a snail everyone that started when I did have pass me :perplexed oh well I will just work on not losing any hair that is all I can do.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Went through all the messages and it seems PS'ing is the key for wonderful, mind blowing retention. I even asked a few long haired ladies & they told me the same thing. I'm grateful for that. I'm 8 months into my PS'ing & pushing for a year. Hoping to be able to post a WL Reggie sometime middle next year. ;)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

vestaluv1

I under that ps is the key but when do you get to enjoy your hair?

Whenever you WANT to really! In my case I would wear my own hair down or in a bun, undo or braid out on special occasions, on holiday or sometimes just after a fresh relaxer.

It might only be a few of weeks in the year that I ditch the wigs, but at least I get to enjoy my hair after all the work I've put into caring for it.

Also, as my hair gets longer, I tend to be less concerned about covering my hair and have definately worn the wigs a bit less than at the start of my hair journey.

FoxxyLocs

I under that ps is the key but when do you get to enjoy your hair?

You don't have to PS 100% of the time. I PS whenever I'm not doing anything and wear my hair out for dates or special events. I guess it's only a problem for those who like to wear their hair out every single day, but for me my hair would just get in the way. Usually my hair is up for work and down on weekends.

Sent from my HTC Evo