Water challenge for healthier and longer hair

Netta1

Not to be a Debbie downer, but I was reading that the amount of water that reaches the scalp (after you drink it) is actually miniscule (you would be better off pouring it on your head, if thats where you really want it to go). In other words by the time the rest of your body uses the water you consume...not much is left for the scalp.

Day Dreamer

Have not checked in a long time but I am still here. For today, I have done forty ozs so far. Will do the rest this afternoon and this evening.

amwcah

I haven't checked in in awhile, but I've been getting in 80-100oz per day due to working out like crazy(aka INSANITY).

laurend

I started this thread and I haven't been on the site a lot, broke my wrist and in a cast. I will PM everyone tomorrow to see how it's going. So far 30 ounces, off to drink more.

amwcah

I started this thread and I haven't been on the site a lot, broke my wrist and in a cast. I will PM everyone tomorrow to see how it's going. So far 30 ounces, off to drink more.

Oh my, Laurend! I pray you have a speedy recovery!

MsSonya

Laurend--Hope you feel better.
Havent checked in a looong time. Have been drinking at least 64oz-80oz a day.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I've been slacking with posting in this thread but, I've been keeping up with my water. I've been drinking at least 64 oz a day. Can't drink it straight. Still have to add lemons but, hey. I'm doing it! :yep:

stelladata

count me in please.
I really need to up my water game,
some days i drink enough other days not really
thanks for this.. Im joining in

stelladata

I've been slacking with posting in this thread but, I've been keeping up with my water. I've been drinking at least 64 oz a day. Can't drink it straight. Still have to add lemons but, hey. I'm doing it! :yep:

what does the lemon do?

stelladata

checking in... while 'force' drinking my 48 oz bottle. I'll add in a few cups at the end. I love this, as soon as I pop on lhcf the first thing I remember is my water intake ...ahahah. My skin is looking supple btw, I didn't get much sleep last night because I was a bit anxious and anticipating a few things, but besides the bags under my eyes I don't feel a flare up coming on and my face doesnt look stressed. I think the water intake from yesterday contributed to this because I have had days where I would do under 5 hour sleep and look like I hadnt slept in days. Anyway, just my little observation, I don't recommend staying up but if you can't sleep... whatchagonnado. lol

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm SO thankful for this challenge. I've always hated drinking water. Always. I still prefer to add lemon to actually drink it but, it is a preference now and not a must. Water is now my default drink and I'm actually craving it regularly. I keep a 32 oz bottle filled and refill throughout the day. I'm doing 96 oz easily throughout the day AND I even order water when dining out. No more raspberry lemonades or mango iced teas for me. I'll have water ~ and keep it comin'. :woot:

stelladata

dammit, I was in bed at like 11:30 and realized that I had just 1 cup of water .... or more the whole day!!!! :O so when I got up this morning and went to the restroom my #1 was very concentrated :/ I promise to get things going today... dang how could i forget.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok, we're ALL slacking up on checking in!! :whip: (cracking the whip over here)

How's that water consumption going ladies?!

I've definitely been slacking off but am back on the bandwagon. Anyone else?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I've back to drinking a minimum of 64 oz and it's definitely showing. My skin was suffering from msm or biotin and now it's clearing up and glowing. Night and day difference.

I slacked up from something as simple as I ran out of lemons and kept forgetting to get more. What the?! :wallbash:

Oh!
but doesnt that result in stomach ulcers because of the acidity?

Wow, Stella. I'm a hundred years late on this response. Lemons actually produce an alkaline ash and has an alkalyzing effect on the body (lowering pH) so, it's counters the acidic ash/effects of things like sugars.