What did I just do?

camibella

I just BCed...Lord have mercy!:lachen:

I don't know what made me do it. I washed my hair and was about to dc when I realized that I was sick to death of dealing with it. I got the urge. I asked my dh what he thought, and he said it doesn't matter what he thinks because it's my hair and my decision (I know he didn't want me to).

So, I did it. I did little sections at a time, and now I'm fully natural!

At this very moment, I'm scared. I have no idea what to do next! I'm about to search this forum like a madwoman right now.

Anyway, thanks for listening!:grin:

P.S. I'll post pics tomorrow. I still have my towel on my head. My dh hasn't even seen it yet.:drunk:

ETA: Pics

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

So, that's me in all my nappy glory!:grin:

You hair looks so healthy and beautiful.

lilamae

your look absolutely gorgeous:yep: Your hair texture is very nice. Not too many people can rock that style. You are killin it. Are you gonna grow it out again...it really doesnt even matter. you're my hero

ina

Lauren, you look great. Congrats!!!:dance7:
This hairstyle really accentuate your features. Work it girl!

*KP*

At first I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

But then I saw the pics, it looks great on you, WOW!

Last edited:

Candy_C

I just BCed...Lord have mercy!:lachen:

I don't know what made me do it. I washed my hair and was about to dc when I realized that I was sick to death of dealing with it. I got the urge. I asked my dh what he thought, and he said it doesn't matter what he thinks because it's my hair and my decision (I know he didn't want me to).

So, I did it. I did little sections at a time, and now I'm fully natural!

At this very moment, I'm scared. I have no idea what to do next! I'm about to search this forum like a madwoman right now.

Anyway, thanks for listening!:grin:

P.S. I'll post pics tomorrow. I still have my towel on my head. My dh hasn't even seen it yet.:drunk:

ETA: Pics

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

You actually look very beautiful with natural or relaxed

u still cute!!!!!

and i wish i had the balls to do my own! one day perhaps

i'll be watching you!! xxx

Soliel185

Lauren - you were one of the very first heads that I saw on the board and I literally GASPED when I saw how gorgeous your relaxed hair was. It gave me hope and inspiration to see your progress, and now you've done it again!

congrats! It's beaaaaautiful!

1QTPie

Elder Sim

So beautiful!

And you look your age now, LOVE it. :grin:

Honi

There is no board.
Wow! You went for a long time before you chopped and got alot of newgrowth there. It looks great! Congrats! Love the texture.

balisi

Your new pics made me smile like this --> :grin: You're reppin' us naturals very well, lauren girl! Just beautiful!

Southernbella.

Thank you ladies!

I ran into my first problem today. I have a mullet.:lachen:The right side of my nape is like, 2b, and it hangs low. I keep scrunching it up, but it still looks uneven. I don't want to cut it shorter just becuase it's looser, but I think that's what I have to do.

Other than that, smooth sailing! I did a co-wash in the shower, got out, finger combed with some conditioner, and I was done. It's never in my life taken me 10 minutes to do my hair.:grin: (I know it will get harder as it grows, but I'm relishing the ease right now.)

Ms Red

Oh my Gosh Lauren!!! You look more beautiful than I have ever seen you in ANY picture!! WOW! Congratulations girl :grin: