What did I just do?

Isis

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

So, that's me in all my nappy glory!:grin:
You and your hair look absolutely gorgeous!! :clapping:

Isis

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

You and your hair look absolutely gorgeous!! :clapping:

Southernbella.

Lauren I am making you the queen of LHCF. You have beautified(made it up) every hair style there is right before our eyes. Short relaxed hair, long relaxed hair and now natural hair and all of the equally beautiful. If only I could be like you.:grin:

:blush: That is quite a compliment! Thank you...truly. That is so sweet.:yep: Aww, you ladies are about to make me cry up in here. *fans eyes*

So, dh didn't get to check his email. He called me on his way home and I told him that I was going to leave the pics up on the computer and I wanted him to look and think about how he felt and come up with one positive thing to say because I needed his support and what's done is done. I said it all like that.:lachen:

I was upstairs when he walked in the house and looked at the pics. When he came upstairs, he walked in the room with his fist up.:lachen:He's a nut. The first thing he said was, "I didn't think it would be that long. I was expecting it to look like my hair". I asked him what his positive was, and he said, "That was it!":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lachen:

Then he said, "well, obviously you're still beautiful, but you know that." Um, that would have been the perfect thing to say in the first place.
MEN! :wallbash::wallbash:

Anyway, he started playing with it and said that it was different and that he has to get used to it, but I'm still me and I'm still beautiful and he just wants me to be happy. So I guess I'm ok with that.:grin:

candiel

:blush: That is quite a compliment! Thank you...truly. That is so sweet.:yep: Aww, you ladies are about to make me cry up in here. *fans eyes*

So, dh didn't get to check his email. He called me on his way home and I told him that I was going to leave the pics up on the computer and I wanted him to look and think about how he felt and come up with one positive thing to say because I needed his support and what's done is done. I said it all like that.:lachen:

I was upstairs when he walked in the house and looked at the pics. When he came upstairs, he walked in the room with his fist up.:lachen:He's a nut. The first thing he said was, "I didn't think it would be that long. I was expecting it to look like my hair". I asked him what his positive was, and he said, "That was it!":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lachen:

Then he said, "well, obviously you're still beautiful, but you know that." Um, that would have been the perfect thing to say in the first place.

Anyway, he started playing with it and said that it was different and that he has to get used to it, but I'm still me and I'm still beautiful and he just wants me to be happy. So I guess I'm ok with that.:grin:

Awww, your dh is very sweet!:grin: Sounds a lot better than what my dh would say if I did the BC.:perplexed

NewYorkgyrl

What headband do you use to push your hair back into a puff?

Where can I find the big scarves that you can knot in the back?

1. In the beginning after my BC i found that using a brastrap was good. IC Thick and shine gel on the edges. And you are good to go!

Now that my hair has grown the brastrap is still good but a pantyhose stocking helps me get my hair into a nice puff making it appear as though I have more hair than i really do.

2. I am STILL trying to find those scarves..... Are you talking about the ones that you can twist and make like a small looking bun in the back?

Last edited:

NewYorkgyrl

Forgot to say CONGRATS!!!!

Welcome to the natural world. You look stunning!

(Maybe I should try to bump some of the natural threads on tips and methods because it is very hard to find using the search engine)

Best of luck girl!

CurleeDST

And you look so good with it! You will have the length in no time.

I just BCed...Lord have mercy!:lachen:

I don't know what made me do it. I washed my hair and was about to dc when I realized that I was sick to death of dealing with it. I got the urge. I asked my dh what he thought, and he said it doesn't matter what he thinks because it's my hair and my decision (I know he didn't want me to).

So, I did it. I did little sections at a time, and now I'm fully natural!

At this very moment, I'm scared. I have no idea what to do next! I'm about to search this forum like a madwoman right now.

Anyway, thanks for listening!:grin:

P.S. I'll post pics tomorrow. I still have my towel on my head. My dh hasn't even seen it yet.:drunk:

ETA: Pics

Kurlee

I am loving the thick curly fro :love:

blackbarbie

Lauren you make any style look good and natural is no exception.
For a minute, when I first saw your pics, I was so focused on your face that I forgot to look at your hair!!!

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom!!!!

Saida

I was in SHOCK!!!! when I saw this thread, your a great inspiration, ive been stalking and following your fotki forever, I didnt know what to think..

Then I saw the pictures and they are AMAZING, hope you dont mind I showed it to my hubby, saying thats how I want my hair, and he likes it too :)

It looks so soft I just want to touch it Lauren.. cant wait to follow your new hair journey as a natural, please dont let us Lauren fans down, update with as many pictures as you can, I know your a busy mom, but your fotki is so inspiring to me, and im sure others too.

I liked what your DH had to say, that was so sweet.

Again you look so beautifull :kiss:

Mystic

One year and you got SO much growth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like 2-3 times more growth than the norm!

Congrats! Natural hair fits you and your hair is BEAUTIFUL........

Thanks Glam! I transitioned for a year...my last relaxer was 12/28/06.

frostydoll

Wow I can't believe you did it already! Congrats! Your hair looks gorgeous. I'm debating cutting but I still haven't reached my initial goal lol.

frostydoll

:lachen:@ The fist in the air!

RubyWoo

Seriously, I am in awe:love:!! You look gorgeous! I love it! Congratulations! Very, very inspiring;)!