What did I just do?

PaperClip

Well, I thought I'd wake up with regret after coming out of my Benedryl haze, but I'm fine.:grin:

Once I put the kids down for their nap, I'll take some pics.

I think I've nailed down a regimen for now, but I have a couple of questions.

What headband do you use to push your hair back into a puff?

Where can I find the big scarves that you can knot in the back?

I'll be back!

Well sis, waking up without regret is half the battle! You're on your way!

Ouchless bands from just about any store like Target, etc.

Big scarves I've seen at the BSS and those accessory places in the mall and some of the little trendy retail clothing stores, e.g., Forever 21 type stores.

Southernbella.

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

So, that's me in all my nappy glory!:grin:

kittenz

:blush:OMG!!!! It's freaking gorgeous!!! Seriously, that is a beautiful fro. You go girl!!! congratulations again!!!:grin::grin:

Proudpiscean

It's beautiful!!!!!! You are glowing! :clap:
Your hair grows super fast too! You'll be midback length before you know it! :grin:

lisana

your hair looks so pretty! I am so happy for you :) What are your plans now? Are you planning on pressing on a regular basis or leaving it natural all the time?

Southernbella.

Aww Hell no! I can't beleive you cut it all off. Congratulations! I was stalking your fotki and trying to tell myself, "If Lauren can transition all that hair without cutting then I know I can!"

Can't wait to see the pics. DH is gonna whoop your tail! LOLOL:lachen:

:lachen:I think I'm going to email him the pics for him to see at work. I'm going to tell him he can email me his honest thoughts no matter what they are, as long as he acts supportive when he walks through the door.:lachen:

SparklingFlame

Oh my goodness!!!!

Girl your hair is sooooo pretty!!!!!

Congrats! You are going to have so much fun.

*sigh* You are really making me want to BC now. Your hair looks wonderful!!!!!!!!! :yep::yep::yep:

Southernbella.

Congrats Lauren! I know you and your hair will look great.:grin: This is so ironic because your recent "mini-chop" inspired me to cut off 5 inches of my hair this weekend! My hair is now a little below my shoulders. I know exactly how you felt because every time I wash I get tempted to do the BC but I am yet still holding on:look:.

Uh oh!:lachen:It just gets more tempting, believe me. But you can hold out. At least now you can use me as the guinea pig to see if you are ready or not.:grin:

Last edited:

candiel

:lachen:I think I'm going to email him the pics for him to see at work. I'm going to tell him he can email me his honest thoughts no matter what they are, as long as he acts supportive when he walks through the door.:lachen:

Ain't that the truth!!!:lachen::lachen:

I love it!! Do you plan on wearing it straight still most days? Or in other styles?

Southernbella.

your hair looks so pretty! I am so happy for you :) What are your plans now? Are you planning on pressing on a regular basis or leaving it natural all the time?

Thank you ladies for the compliments! You don't know what it means to me to have your support.:yep::cry3:

I'm going to wear it natural for the most part. If I get tired of the fro, I'll do a scarf or a beanie and some big hoops. I'm going to play around with my look and just let it grow before I press again. Once it gets longer, I'll try braidouts and twistouts.:yep:

ETA: Even up until I cut it, I had planned on still pressing half the time, but now that I actually see it natural, I'm less inclined to do it. At least right now. Once it gets longer, I'm sure straight will be part of my styling regimen, but for now, I'm concentrating on growth and health. My first plan is to cowash every day, something I couldn't do while transitioning.:yep:

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

So, that's me in all my nappy glory!:grin:

You look beautiful. You have a great texture. Love the earrings too! So what does DH think?