What did I just do?

envybeauty

Wow. I am so in awe right now. You went from MBL to SL to TWA in a matter of months. YOU GO GIRL!!!

I'll admit ...my first thought was to raise my fist when I saw the fro
Did you ever think your natural texture was what it is? (I hope I phrased that right) I believe my natural hair is quite coarse but now....I'm thinking who knows.....

ETA: I keep coming back to this thread because it is turning into the "who's who of LHCF" -- I mean all the who's who are stopping by to pay homage to the lovely ms. lauren. :grin: I see some new siggies...

Last edited:

growth2come

Looks lovely. Having stalked your fotki picture:blush: (just love the thickness of you hair)it looks like you hair grows quite quickly so soon enough you will have an even bigger fro....Welcome to the natural side:lachen:

glamazon386

It looks cute! And you have a lot of hair! How long did you transition for? Like a year? You have more hair than I do now. I'm jealous. :lol: It looks good though. :)

growinstrong

awwwww, it looks soooooo gorgeous :yep:. Make sure you change the date of your BC. Dont know if you realize it, but you have 1/17/08

carameldiva

Gorgeous hair, Lauren450. I absolutely love it. congradulations!!!!

I just BCed...Lord have mercy!:lachen:

I don't know what made me do it. I washed my hair and was about to dc when I realized that I was sick to death of dealing with it. I got the urge. I asked my dh what he thought, and he said it doesn't matter what he thinks because it's my hair and my decision (I know he didn't want me to).

So, I did it. I did little sections at a time, and now I'm fully natural!

At this very moment, I'm scared. I have no idea what to do next! I'm about to search this forum like a madwoman right now.

Anyway, thanks for listening!:grin:

P.S. I'll post pics tomorrow. I still have my towel on my head. My dh hasn't even seen it yet.:drunk:

ETA: Pics

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

So, that's me in all my nappy glory!:grin:

ALWAYZL8

Just one word...GORGEOUS!! I am so jealous right now. I can't wait until I am where you are. I am only five months post and you have made me quite antsy!!! ROCK IT!

Lynnerie

Congratulations!!! You're texture is beautiful and your hair looks sooo soft! I remember when you joined the real texture challenge last year girl!! and i fell off :eek:( But I hope to get there one of these days!

Dare~to~Dream

That's hot...love your new hair pics. You mentioned that you will be conditioner washing your hair every day now. Are you experimenting with different products now that your hair is completely natural or are you going to try new stuff?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Wow Lauren, you did a really good job with the cut. You are so versatile--you are one that can wear many styles and still look fab. :up: I also have to give you the bravery award too! :lol: Shoot, first seeing your thread even made MY heart race. (so I'm sure yours was too when you did your chop)

You did great. You look great. :)

enviime

You wanna know what you just did??....Well let me tell ya. Girl you done gone and got more gorgeous! You are rockin' that fro VERY well!!

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
You look stunning! I love how it looks on you. Your texture is very pretty. You have soo much hair. I'm transitioning and this realllly makes me want to cut my hair off now.

Southernbella.

Wow. I am so in awe right now. You went from MBL to SL to TWA in a matter of months. YOU GO GIRL!!!

I'll admit ...my first thought was to raise my fist when I saw the fro
Did you ever think your natural texture was what it is? (I hope I phrased that right) I believe my natural hair is quite coarse but now....I'm thinking who knows.....

:lachen:@ raising the fist.

I had some idea what my texture would be like. I didn't really start seeing coils until 5-6 months in. Then it seemed stretched out and frizzy, but I could tell it was soft. Once all the ends were cut off, it coiled right up. So it's true what they say...you won't truly know until it's cut.