what do ya'll think

karenjoe

Well I saw the little bubble that said 'with shampoo' and she said she likes cowashing.

So I'm taking that to mean she'll be cowashing, just not using shampoo.

yea I think so!!! I hope so!!:blush:... I don't agree w weekly washings + cowashing within the 7 days..... that's too much for my hair

I have gone 1 month, in rows, :yep: that wasn't too bad
it wasn't fresh....

I'm trying twice a month washing.
it has helped w the tangles...:grin:

karenjoe

omg can you just imagine how her scalp must smell?

i used to braid guys hair in HS and you know them ninjas wwasnt washing their hair. the smell for all of them was gross:nono:

yea i had a brother like that he didn't wash his hair either & lets just say you could smell in head all over pillows gross...

I think she meant 1 month... cause she showed us what her hair looked like at 1 month..:perplexed

beingofserenity

I'm trying to start stretching my washes due to tanlges and knots galore. I think I can do a week if I use very little product (I tend to be heavy handed). But it's hard because my hair starts to feel nasty. I want to extend to two weeks. Going a month without washing is just...I don't know. I kind of wish I could go that long lol.

reeko43

Ok, watched the video. She definitely said cowash every two months, shampoo every six months. There are just so many pollutants in the air, I can't begin to imagine what my scalp would be like. If she is putting oils or butters in her hair, this may not be wise because I just don't see a cowash being able to remove 2 months worth of build up.

I notice she said this is something she is going to do. I would be surprised if she actually sticks to it.

Solitude

I really like Sistawithrealhair...I think her hair is very pretty and I am a subscriber, but she seems to find doing her hair to be laborious/exhausting. I really enjoy doing my hair, but I can understand that it gets to be tiring/time consuming.

I alternate my full shampoo/DC/rollerset routine with a simple co-wash and airdry to give myself a break from the full routine. I wish I could go longer between washings, but I love the smell/feel/look of freshly cleansed hair. I cleanse my hair 2-3x a week.

MilkChocolateOne

I think her regimen works for her. She retains length and her hair appears healthy looking. I am not going to knock her regimen or suggest she make changes just because her methods differ from my own. Different strokes for different folks. I think her hair is pretty.

naturalmanenyc

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Why is everyone so upset? It's not like she said she doesn't wash her arse except once a month.:lachen:

Washing her hair once a month works for her...but I won't be trying it.

empressri

yea I think so!!! I hope so!!:blush:... I don't agree w weekly washings + cowashing within the 7 days..... that's too much for my hair

I have gone 1 month, in rows, :yep: that wasn't too bad
it wasn't fresh....

I'm trying twice a month washing.
it has helped w the tangles...:grin:

I can do two or three weeks without shampooing...but woe to me if my hair is in twists or braids. The shed hair is unbelievable, and if I don't get it out before hand, tangles galore.

greenandchic

I could be wrong, but I assume she doesn't exercise. Actually most of the people who mention infrequent washing never mention breaking a sweat or working out.

I mentioned this before so I could be :deadhorse: but I can't imagine having two months worth of dirt and pollution in my hair and simply cowashing it out. I am on day 3 of my hair and look forward to washing it tonight.

I also shed a fair amount of hair and need to get that out before it tangles up my hair.

Carmelella

All I gotta say is WOW. But then again maybe her hair could handle it. My head would be FULL OF DANDRUFF in 3 weeks much less 2 month. And for a woman who clearly prides herself on her appearance I'm sure she doesn't allow that to happen. So I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that her scalp must be really different than mine.

I don't cosign on the 5/week cowashes though. I would have to live in my bathroom.

Tonto

It’s her hair, she does what she wants with it. If she decided to stay an entire year without washing it and feels comfortable with it, then well at the end of the day it’s on her head.

greenandchic

It’s her hair, she does what she wants with it. If she decided to stay an entire year without washing it and feels comfortable with it, then well at the end of the day it’s on her head.

We all realize that, but the title of the thread is, "what do ya'll think". I see nothing wrong with having a discussion.

kibbles318

greenandchic said:
We all realize that, but the title of the thread is, "what do ya'll think". I see nothing wrong with having a discussion.

And she posted what she thought... Lol

empressri

I could be wrong, but I assume she doesn't exercise. Actually most of the people who mention infrequent washing never mention breaking a sweat or working out.

I mentioned this before so I could be :deadhorse: but I can't imagine having two months worth of dirt and pollution in my hair and simply cowashing it out. I am on day 3 of my hair and look forward to washing it tonight.

I also shed a fair amount of hair and need to get that out before it tangles up my hair.

I'm laughing cause I'm the only freak that can work out like a mad woman and my hair stays in one place. Like you know how folks have sweat dripping down from their scalp? Not me, and with all this hair, it's so funny.

SO didn't believe me till I got on his elliptical for an hour and my head was bone dry. Now everywhere else...diff story.

greenandchic

I'm laughing cause I'm the only freak that can work out like a mad woman and my hair stays in one place. Like you know how folks have sweat dripping down from their scalp? Not me, and with all this hair, it's so funny.

SO didn't believe me till I got on his elliptical for an hour and my head was bone dry. Now everywhere else...diff story.

Yes, I'm one of those who walk out with soaking wet hair after a round of HIIT. When I'm weight lifting its a little better.

Bnster

I watch her videos, she usually washes monthly. I need to check up what she posted lately. Some ppl that works for them. It works for her. I love washing my hair and can't wait for my next wash. LCHF changed that in me. Nah my hair tells me when it needs to be clean. However I like having day old hair, I like how my air dry hair looks a few days later after bunning, it smoothes out and looks great. So far can't do daily. I will never say never. I may try that this week - I'll see.

Monthly only if I am sick and too busy or something. Two months must be really sick. My mind game on my hair routine has changed, not like the olden days, where I done that and my hair was a mess. Hell yes a mess and I'm not going back. lol. Ah man.

gabulldawg

The only thing that concerns me about that type of regimen would be the smell. :nono: I know her head must stank. :perplexed Pretty hair, though. Is she relaxed or natural? Off to research.

Avaya

If her scalp is dry, I can believe she can go two months without any problem. When I was on accutane, I was able to go that long between washes. My scalp was so dry; I had absolutely no sebum production on my scalp. No build up, no odor, no itching, nada. It was great!

Evolving78

she washing infrequently for the sake of style? she can easily just wear styles that are don't take a lot of effort. i don't like flat ironing, etc.... but i still wash my hair. it's not just about odor.

think of all of the dead skin build up and debris on the scalp.

EnExitStageLeft

I love her channel:grin:, She's quite eclectic when it comes to haircare, I digs that..HOWEVEA'...My scalp needs or should I say DEMANDS weekly/biweekly washes. Period. :lachen:

BUT! I can't knock her methods. Her regimen seems full proof (for her hair's sake). She's waist length currently and she has literally chopped at least 6 inches off her hair and grew all of it back PLUS some. SMH, thats progress at its finest.

*Shrugs* If it's working, I say "GROW ON WIT'CHA BAD SELF!":lol:

Sugar

Gross :barf:

My stomach actually turned when I realized she was only going to co-wash her hair every two months. For the sake of a style? No way.

karenjoe

Yes, I'm one of those who walk out with soaking wet hair after a round of HIIT. When I'm weight lifting its a little better.

me too its embarrassing how much I sweat......

sometimes my hair will smell in 2 or 3 weeks if I'm using a thick leave in conditioner..
I haven't had dandruff since I stopped using olive oil pre poo every week....
oh! I tried a weave "once" I had dandruff or something in my crown.
After removing those tracks I swore off weaves.:nono:
I thought they was nasty. I knew it was soap,conditioner & possibly mildew too.. ..

I'm hope she doesn't mess her hair up trying to go that length of time....

empressri

me too its embarrassing how much I sweat......

sometimes my hair will smell in 2 or 3 weeks if I'm using a thick leave in conditioner..
I haven't had dandruff since I stopped using olive oil pre poo every week....
oh! I tried a weave "once" I had dandruff or something in my crown.
After removing those tracks I swore off weaves.:nono:
I thought they was nasty. I knew it was soap,conditioner & possibly mildew too.. ..

I'm hope she doesn't mess her hair up trying to go that length of time....

ugh oh damn you just reminded me of my ex bf's mother who wore a WIG and then told me she hadn't washed her hair in two or three months...she was just slapping a wig on top of her hair.

i know the look on my face was like :perplexed because she was like 'well i just dont care'

DAMN RIGHT YOU DONT!!!

Simply_elle

empressri said:
okay (girl the eye makeup was killing me and I had to shut the video off lol) so I probably missed that part.

or...I was just distracted by the eye makeup.

either way.... nonononononononon!!!!!!!!!

Eye makeup?! How about that vat of gloss on her lips :perplexed

Meh. Lady, meh. If it works for you...

Sent from my Exxotical iPhone using LHCF

kurlllz

Her hair does look healthy and happy.....I can't do that regimen though, my hair LOVES shampoo. I've stopped using sulfates and silicones but I think my hair likes gentle sulfates. I'm contemplating gong back to gentle sulfates. Hmmm. o_O

kurlllz

empressri said:

She did say that she doesn't workout.....you sound like my sis....she has lots of thick long hair and her hair is never ruined by working out. My other sis and I say she's not human. I workout every day and it's pretty much pointless for me to straighten my hair cause my scalp sweats just like the rest of my body.