What do you use when you blowdry your hair?

When straightening your hair with a blowdryer, what type of brush do you use?

• I do not use a blowdryer but wanted to participate in the poll anyway.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I use a round boar brush.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I use a regular boar brush.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a thermal round brush.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I use a paddle brush.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I use denman brush.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • other - Explain.

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avaya

I know there are a lot of no heat/low heat folks on the board. When you do opt to blowdry your hair what do you use? Do you use a boar brush? Is it round, regular style? Do you use a paddle brush? Do you use a denman? I am intimidated by all of these. I fear pulling out my hair. I just use the come attachment on my dryer.

Problem is, my hair always feels puffy and dry afterward. I am looking for an alternative method to give my hair the same sleek appearance as is achieved by the beautician at the salon. So what say you?

Girl I use the attached comb, because any brush on wet hair doesn't fit well with me....so I do attached comb or air dry.

See, I'm the same way. I was thinking about maybe air drying my hair first, and then using a brush and blow dryer to straighten it.

I had one beautician that would use a Denman and another that would use a paddle brush, and a third that used a round boar bristle brush to take my hair from slightly damp to dry and straight but I have zero skills!

I'm hoping one of y'all has a goof proof method/technique!

I use my detangling comb when I first start and then use the comb attachment for my dryer to actually straighten.

I started using a ceramic paddle brush and so far I've had good results. I did view a couple of videos on youtube to learn the "proper" way to blowdry.

I started using a ceramic paddle brush and so far I've had good results. I did view a couple of videos on youtube to learn the "proper" way to blowdry.

Did you save those videos to your favorites? I've been looking at youtube also but I've haven't found any really good tutorials.

I use a round boar brush now and prefer it over the thermal round brush I had been using. I had a stylist use a paddle brush but I couldnt do it myself.

I use a paddle brush by diane, i want to get one that is ionic or tourmaline. But I put the brush first on my roots brush down a bit put the dryer inches away from the roots because i just really want the roots straight. then i'll detangle the rest of the hair again with a detangling comb and blow dry the rest of the strands with the paddle brush, when i'm relaxed i use the pic attachment, but i kind of like using the paddle brush.

i use a leave in heat protectant also and treatments from my ends.

Rattail comb for to straighten my roots, normal sized comb for the length of my hair. The Pibbs blowdryer didn't come with a comb attachment.

Back