What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

kellistarr

My latest Wetline Xtreme gel mixture included the Sheamoisture coconut hibiscus curl gel. This worked out real well. I like the shine of the shea gel but knew it could not stand up to the task of this 90 degree heat and humidity.
It also can get sticky, if too much is applied. But the gels complimented each other preventing the Xtreme from being extreme. The mixing of the gels started when I would have a fail gel, like the recently failed Garnier Scrunch gel, instead of throwing out or giving away, I mix them with a proven gel. Underneath my latest concoction, I used Sheamoisture Coconut Hibiscus hair milk. No white balls.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
never mind.
I got a huge tub of it. I hope this gel works with my hair.

wonder how long this will last me? :D

cutiepiebabygirl

The results will really depend on your hair texture. My hair is fine and frizzy. I can get curl definition only on my shaft and ends but my roots and edges will never be 100 percent slick down or wavy. I like it though to keep the edges tamed but it doesn't wave up my hair and if I want my baby hairs to stay down I have to use the gel and then tie down with a scarf. I will prefer this to eco styler gel and while I don't like wash and goes in the future as my hair gets longer I will experiment with the gel.

My mother on the other hand, as soon as I put the wet line gel her hair waves up immediately and she gets no build up or flakes.

Best,
Almond Eyes

@almond eyes Is your hair high porosity? I haven't used the gel, but I picked up some tonight. I have the same problem with my hair, it's fine and veeeeeeeery frizzy. My hair is spongy and my roots don't define, they always look super puffy, . When wet it's super defined, but dried just wavy clouds at the root. But it's very dense. So I find I have to incorporate so many different things to get my hair to behave.

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I've been using Wetline Xtreme for 2 weeks now and I have to admit, I really like this gel. Cheap, no protein, not enough glycerin to dry my hair out, and my curls are not only defined, but soft. I liked Ecostyler, but never had touchable hair on day one. Wetline is a holy grail for me!

I'm having the same experience! Yall have talked about this gel before and it took me 4 or 5 years to finally try it. SMH This is so much better than Eco for buns and ponytails.

almond eyes

@almond eyes Is your hair high porosity? I haven't used the gel, but I picked up some tonight. I have the same problem with my hair, it's fine and veeeeeeeery frizzy. My hair is spongy and my roots don't define, they always look super puffy, . When wet it's super defined, but dried just wavy clouds at the root. But it's very dense. So I find I have to incorporate so many different things to get my hair to behave.

Hello!!!!!!My hair is low porosity.

I believe that frizzy is also a hair type too!!!!!! My hair like you described, high density, frizzy and fine but I also have both spongy and wavy pieces which is very annoying. So, I can't do too many things to it. But it is growing nicely and fast. Wet line though is a better gel than eco for my hair because eco contains protein which hardens too much unless I use a lot of leave in conditioner. Now Glycerin in this product also can harden but not as strong of a hard cast.

Best,
Almond Eyes

VictoriousBrownFlower

Just wanted to give you ladies a heads up. This online store sells the wetline xtreme gel 35 oz for $2.82. http://www.pharmapacks.com/products...ofessional-Styling-Gel,-35.26-oz#.V4pHnvkrLIU

I'm far from a pj but this thread peaked my interest. I'm def going to pick some up when my check comes in. Eco works well for me but the protein in it started to affect my protein moisture balance. So I'm hoping this will work for me.

Aggie

Just wanted to give you ladies a heads up. This online store sells the wetline xtreme gel 35 oz for $2.82. http://www.pharmapacks.com/products.php?product=Xtreme-Wet-Line-Xtreme-Professional-Styling-Gel,-35.26-oz#.V4pHnvkrLIU

I'm far from a pj but this thread peaked my interest. I'm def going to pick some up when my check comes in. Eco works well for me but the protein in it started to affect my protein moisture balance. So I'm hoping this will work for me.
What on earth? I bought this from amazon on June 27th from this same supplier and same size for almost $9. Wow, thanks for sharing @BronxJazzy

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Just wanted to give you ladies a heads up. This online store sells the wetline xtreme gel 35 oz for $2.82. http://www.pharmapacks.com/products.php?product=Xtreme-Wet-Line-Xtreme-Professional-Styling-Gel,-35.26-oz#.V4pHnvkrLIU

I see they have free shipping on orders $49+. Please, let us know how much you pay for shipping.

SheWalks

What on earth? I bought this from amazon on June 27th from this same supplier and same size for almost $9. Wow, thanks for sharing @BronxJazzy
Not to worry you got it for the same price. I checked shipping & tax and it comes up to a little over $9. This is a good alternative to running around and trying to find it on the ground.

VictoriousBrownFlower

No prob
I see they have free shipping on orders $49+. Please, let us know how much you pay for shipping.
Shipping is $6.69

They also have great prices on other hair products like aphogee, creme of nature, etc...

Aggie

Not to worry you got it for the same price. I checked shipping & tax and it comes up to a little over $9. This is a good alternative to running around and trying to find it on the ground.
Oh no I won't be paying $6 just for shipping. I always look for other items that I know I need and get the free shipping option. It's stuff I look for that I was going to purchase elsewhere anyway so it won't be a waste.

cutiepiebabygirl

Hello!!!!!!My hair is low porosity.

I believe that frizzy is also a hair type too!!!!!! My hair like you described, high density, frizzy and fine but I also have both spongy and wavy pieces which is very annoying. So, I can't do too many things to it. But it is growing nicely and fast. Wet line though is a better gel than eco for my hair because eco contains protein which hardens too much unless I use a lot of leave in conditioner. Now Glycerin in this product also can harden but not as strong of a hard cast.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Your hair sounds almost identical to mine, I can't do much to it, it loves to be in protective styles - left alone!! I'm a high porosity though, so that is a beast within itself on top of all my other issues.

AnjelLuvs

Really though, this ish got ACID in it!

Ingredients
WATER, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYACRYLATE ACID, GLYCERIN, FRAGANCE, METHYLISOTIAZOLINONE, METHOXY, CINNAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, PANTHENOL, ALOE VERA EXTRACT, TETRASODIUM EDTA, COLORANT FD&C VIOLET #2

Im Good, Lol

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Just 11 more posts and we at 4 hon! (That's '4 hundred' for the bourgeois!)

I found it at amazon.fr (France) for 62.00 EUROS! o_O:eh::down: :hand:No thanks! That was the cheapest price, too!

Last edited: