What Mistakes Did You Make in 2009?

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
I completely fell off this year.

1. Got a permanant black dye that made my hair feel like straw
2. Replaced DC's w/daily CW's
3. Very minimal protien
4. Stylist doing cut instead of trim

Hope to shoot past brastrap this year versus reaching bra-strap and getting it cut back up to arm-pit length! HHG

wheezy807

I just regret not being consistent with my hair care journey. Even though my hair looks nice i believe it would have been better if i hadn't gotten lazy and slacked off. Well it's the past and this is a new year so WL here i come baby!

InNeedofHairapy

Not detangling often enough
Not DCing except for when I wore my hair straight
Not moisturizing enough
Not protecting my hair at night

and the BIGGEST mistake I made in 09 was in November. I told myself that I was going to do a BC..even though I'm already natural...I wanted a fresh start on my hair, I guess. I cut a clump of my hair w/out thinking about it with the belief that if a clump was gone, I wouldn't change my mind about BCing..and I changed my mind. Now I have a TWA in a fist sized portion of my crown, while the rest of my hair is neck length unstretched.

in '10 I am going to get a professional cut to correct my mistake, giving me the 'fresh start' that I was looking for. I'm going to DC on a regular basis, moisturize, protect my hair at all times, and dust as needed. I was on my way to full BSL (stretched) and now I'm going back...BUT..I look forward to even, healthy, natural strands for '10, no matter the length.

MaintaintheSexy

I've made some major mistakes in 2009. However, I became more hair conscious and decided to make changes in 2009. I noticed my hair was in better shape than it had been in a couple of years. I credited this to castor oil. So, being fascinated by this, I began using relaxers (which I didn't need at the time) and I began gluing in weaves (bad mistake). Thanks to the glue and the perms and the flatirons, the occasional sew ins and overall wear and tear on my hair, Im back to square one. However, I am more determined now than ever before to nurse my hair back to its health and regain its length and strength.

swalker31

My biggest mistkae was not properly moisturizing my hair while wearing wigs. Also, not taking the combs out the wigs (espiecially the comb in the back).

25Nona

I had 3 things in 2009 that I know I won't do in 2010

1. I switched from Precise a no lye relaxer to ORS lye -- I experience major breakage and shedding I'm just getting my hair into better shape.

2. Going to the Spanish salon when I was to lazy for a wash and set. They do not seem to take the time to detangle my hair properly and in the end I can see how much hair I lost in the process.

3. Not being consistent with my Regi, taking short cuts.

phillycocogirl

My biggest mistake is getting a sew in to help with my year and counting transition. My cousin did the install and the braids were entirely too tight. My head was pounding and I had to take aspirin for the first 4 nights in order to get to sleep. :wallbash:After taking the weave out 2 weeks later I did suffer some breakage and shedding but not as bad as I expected.

I plan on taking a really long break from weave and next time it will be a self-install.

NaturalKMichelle

Not cowashing more. I probably would have had more hair if I left the shampoo alone and just cowashed most of the time. Also, at the begining of the year, I did a lot of deep conditions. At least twice per week, man if i had of kept that up. Where would I be? But you live and you learn.