The person with the longest hair in my family is _______________ length.

The person with the longest hair in my family is ___________ length.

• Ear

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Neck

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Chin

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 127 14.0%
  • Armpit

Votes: 166 18.3%
  • Bra Strap

Votes: 192 21.2%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 156 17.2%
  • Waist

Votes: 148 16.4%
  • Tail Bone

Votes: 72 8.0%
  • Beyond Tail Bone

Votes: 31 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bellamystic

I have the longest hair in my family. I used to have cousins whose hair used to be APL and my maternal grandmother who was APL as well. I also had a sister who was MBL, but all their hair isn't as healthy now. I'm just crossing my fingers, hoping that I will be able to make it to MBL. I'm almost sure I can reach it because my mom can grow her hair like clockwork, but she gets lazy and cut it or just stop taking care of it. I'm sure I have a pretty good terminal length.

JJamiah

My lovely grandma's 1c hair to her Knee's and constantly wears a pony tail. Aunts are to their tail bone, sisters are BSL and APL, Mine is APL at the moment front cutting, will grow back out. Younger generation not to enthused with long hair. :)

irsgirl

Sadly, I have also had the longest hair in the family with longest being just at BSL(since LHCF). Before LHCF I was a easy SL even with all abuse I put my hair though, so now the sky's the limit. My mom was also a easy SL, but never took care of her hair either.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
My oldest sister and my paternal aunt both have had waist length hair; my other two sisters have been APL in the past. My paternal grandmother (RIP) also had waist length hair as a teenager. My aunt keeps her hair mid back now, and my sisters are all somewhere between SL and BSL now. I have the shortest hair of us all, but they stayed natural a lot longer than I did and I wore streaks for six straight years, so I'm sure that's part of it. LOL

They say my maternal great-grandmother (Cherokee Indian) had a braid that reached her hips when she was young, but all the pics I've seen of her, she was older and her hair was short. My mother, maternal aunt and grandmother all had relatively short hair; I'm sure whatever thickness and length I have comes directly from my dad's side.

Last edited:

jreagins

Ive always had the longest hair in my immediate family. Even when I got it hacked off by a scissor happy stylist, and when I went into a slump and hair was the last thing on my mind. Now its back and healthier than I EVER remember it being. And Im so happy!

Thier response: Why are you so happy you've always had long hair... (Btwn APL & BSL).
MY response: Its not long YET! Give me another year I'll show you long hair!

LostInAdream

My two cousins has had the longest hair in the family forever. My older cousin she's 36/37 has always been between MBL and WL, she is relaxed goes to the dominicans every week like my mom has all of there lives. My younger cousin she's 22 has had WL since we were kids, she is natural 3C/4a. She alwas had box braids or her fav a bun for forever and she hated getting her hair done so it got washed once a month.

nathansgirl1908

My paternal grandmother had waistlength hair for most of her life. Then as she got older (85) she cut it because she said it was getting to be too much to take care of it.

leleepop

me and my stepsister. I might be longer and definitely thicker, but she had a ponytail. I'm still growing and I dont know about her, since we didnt really talk about hair when I saw her.(she lives out of town) it could be apl or brastrap though.

Between my sister my mother and I-- it depends on who is growing and who is cutting. We go from crop to BSL depending on the mood. Both my sister and I hair down our backs as kids. I haven't been able to grow my hair well since about 05' though. Wait--I take that back--it got to between APL And BSL when I was pregnant last year but it was horrible about 4-5 months postpartum. I had to cut it.

Bene

Currently it's me, at waist. Back in the day, it used to be my mom with tailbone length, but that was ages ago.

belizean

My grandma has the longest hair in our family. My mom's side of the family pretty much have shoulder length hair. I have the kinky hard growing hair from my dad but thanks to LHCF I am around shoulder length.

SweetSpirit86

My not-so-little, little cousin. I think she's 13ish now. Last I saw her, she was almost my height (I'm about 5'8") and she had WL natural 3c/4a hair.

MahoganyJazz

My mom and youngest sister have had waist length before. Unfortunately, my mom began to suffer from a bad scalp burn that made her hair fall out. My sister is still at waist length, and I am currently a little above BSL.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I originally said BSL, thinking of my sister who is always keeps her length between MBL and BSL. But after selecting my choice I realized it's my daughter, she is at waist length standing at about 5 ft 2.

skegeesmb

The person with the longest hair in my family is a third cousin of mine. She had hair to her hips, but just cut it and colored it a little for her 16th b-day. It's now to her butt.

PPGbubbles

I have an aunt with waistlength hair. She is relaxed and wears it in a single braid every day.

My grandmother and her other sister are BSL

Live4Me

My sisters, cousins, aunts, etc all have hair ATLEAST MBL and longer. Of course, they aren't relaxed. The longest my hair has been was a little below APL. But then, I was always relaxed. So I think chemicals and hair care have a lot to do with it. Because, if it was up to genetics, I should have had MBL hair with the perm!

curlydrea

I voted beyond tailbone. Both my cousins 13 and 9 have about hip length hair. They are biracial (korean&blk). They have both full thick 3a/3b hair. I also have a cousin with Mid-back length hair. She is relaxed a 4a. And my Godsister had Mid-back length 3b/3c hair, but then she suddenly cut it to a shoulder length bob.

If you include my soon to be MIL, she has tailbone length locks. Actually most of my SO's family is natrual, 3c-4b with sister/traditional locks and loose, from BSL and beyond. even the males:yep:

KhandiB

Its me and it probably has always been that way, minus the years I cut my hair short intentionally

Adaoba2012

My aunt on my mothers side has full BSL hair...well she did the when I saw her summer of 2008..she lives in Nigeria. My 1/2 sister probably has between APL and BSL hair as well...I'm sure she lurks this board but she won't tell me lol

mEmYSELFaNDj

Now that I think about it, I guess I am the person with the longest hair in my family, my little sister's hair used to be nealy WL but some how it got shorter and shorter over the years and she's maybe APL now. Since I've been on my hair journey (8mos) I have finally passed her and I am now grazing BSL. :grin: Yaay me!

Kerryann

Its my grandmother she has waistlenght and god rest my great grandmothers soul she had waistlenght hair

Fhrizzball

My half sister she's almost mbl. she stretches 3 months but only to save money. Her rollersets and hair always looks divine.

beans4reezy

It used to be a cousin of mine with APL hair- she has but it back since. The longest haired person in my family is still APL, but it's a really thin APL.