Who was your first-time...

Nice & Wavy

Hair board inspiration.

I remember when i first started coming to any hairboard, it was hairboutique.com. My inspiration there was Pokahontas. Her accomplishment in her transistion from relaxed to natural is what started me on my natural journey.

I have to give her all the props. She still is one of my biggest inspirations.:Flahsssss

Thanks Pokahontas...you get a "Shout Out!":yay: :dance7:

Nice & Wavy

I know I can name a bunch of ladies from this LCHF. Whew...so many beautiful heads of hair.....amazing!

PinkPeony

I saw SouthernGirlz hair on this board and it blew me away.Her hair was the reason I frequented this board alot and then I stumpled across Sylver`s hair and then I knew I had to join.

Nice & Wavy

ella said:
I saw SouthernGirlz hair on this board and it blew me away.Her hair was the reason I frequented this board alot and then I stumpled across Sylver`s hair and then I knew I had to join.

Sylver does have some hair...whew, and lots of it!!!

planodiva

I was impressed by DSD's newbie's guide and I just started paying attention to hair albums but my inspirations are

Macherieamor
Candy_C

Those sistah give great hair advice that never fails me.

tthreat08

lahennesy26 said:
i would have to LONEI her hair is so beautiful. i wish my hair was that way.

Girl, WHAT...... is going on with your avatar??:lachen: :lachen:

Okay, so my first inspiration was hands down Hiza.

secretdiamond

DEFINTELY Adrienne. I still remember when I saw her hair on the front page. I was in complete awe. She still does it for me. :) But since then almost everyone on this board has inspired me in some way.

Country gal

Andrienne. I loved her hair becuase it was beautiful. You could see she went through a journal to have long healthy hair. She posted her pictures when she had short hair.

Now I have lots of inspiration for natural and relaxed hair. There are so many women with just great hair and style.

so1913

Guess i could be considered old school, lol. First boards were blackhaircare.com (when the message board was active), hairboutique.com and yahoo group Black Hair Super Grow Out. My most memorable hair inspirations from early on are Gldspoon, Yante Coi, and Asha.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Adrienne and Sherry Love almost had me passed out on the floor. I was hooked once I started looking at the features of the month.

Nice & Wavy

simplycee said:
Adrienne and Sherry Love almost had me passed out on the floor. I was hooked once I started looking at the features of the month.

Oh, yeah......I remember Sherry Love when I first came here....I was blowned away too!!!

dlewis

It was every one who was feature of the month the years before I joined. I would look at the site every month on the 4th or 5th to see who was feature of the month. (they never would post the feature on the first on the month?)

tld723

This is my very first post here :D and Pokahontas is my inspiration to attempt to grow my hair as well as stop relaxing:)

Tami

LaNecia

Mine is a short list of 3

1. Adrienne - Her Hair says it all! I still stalk her album!

2. DontSpeakDefeat - She's been so motivational to me, seeing someone actually make GREAT progress before my eyes. It's one thing to view someone's already healthy hair. It's taken to another level when you watch their hair transform before your eyes. THAT'S INSPIRATIONAL!

3. Sengschick - She made me want to texturize and had great styling ideas!

Mom23

Sherry Love was my first time inspiration from the EZboard site. Since I have been here, there are so many, but my 3 favorites are:

Digital Rain
Lauren 450
Macharieamour

I love their hair!!:)

Also Serenity Breeze, she has made some great progress in the health and length of her hair and I look at her album regularly. :)

dreysonsmommy2011

Mine are:
VWVixxen-She has made beautiful progress...She is an inspiration

Anky and Sistaslick-They started with a length close to my starting length and grew their hair long and beautiful

Simplycee-I know that she will help get me through any problems that I may encounter on my Journey to long hair. Also, Her hair is beautiful too!

Lexi84- Great progress, beautiful hair

These women are all an inspiration to me and they don't know it,but seeing their progress gives me all the motivation i need

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
When I saw Maestradiva's feature of the month photo where she pulled a twist to a little below her brastrap, I about fell out of my chair. She is my hair icon.

BLESSED1 said:
Babyblue & AFashionSlave; I was like that's it, no more relaxers for me

I was staked out on those two Fotki Albums for months before I joined LHCF. Babyblue's hair is like whoa!!! AFashionSlave has possibly the most daring natural album I've seen. If it can be done to natural hair, she's done it- unapologetically.

Also Motowngirl's album was one of the first where I saw natural hairstyles that I could picture myself wearing.

Ya'll know I don't discriminate-Southerngirl, Nay, Sylver2, Dontspeakdefeat,Weaveitup all got hair I wish I coulda had when I was still perming.