Who was your first-time...

camellia

This is a great thread, ladies!:)

There are sooo many gorgeous heads of hair on here I couldn't even name them all, but my number one hair inspiration is Irresistible. I spent over an hour poring over her fotki one night when I first joined and I was so amazed! Her hair is so long, thick, and beautiful! I copied her and started using natural butters and oils too. :grin:

ChasingBliss

Sherrylove, Supergirl, Hairlove and Adrienne.....They ALLLLL kept me hungry and positive that I would reach my goals. Such beautiful heads of hair.

foxybrownsugar

I have learned alot from ladies on all the hair boards. I enjoy reading the stories most. But I would have to say I have been most inspired by chicoro & pottersville. Their natural hair blew me away & inspired me to go natural.

Super_Hero_Girl

Deecoily of Nappturality was my very first (and still is a major one) inspiration!

My list has grown vastly with time. I have lots of inspirations that are on a few different boards.

JazzyDez

When I first discovered this board Sistaslick's progress made my jaw drop! She started almost like me and now she has hair down her back! I Just love the texture, fullness and length of her hair :love: . I also saw that she was 4a/b like me and that made my goals seem more realistic. :grin: Plus the fact that she shared so much of her wondeful knowledge helped to steer me in the right direction. Now there are soooooo many ladies on this board who are inspirations to me and whom fotki's i stalk!! :look:

berry87

Adrienne was the first to send me her regimen. I stalked her album everyday, her hair is so beautiful :grin:

Also sisatslick :grin: I was so amazed at her progress in only a year. Thick healthy and beautiful. She always gives great advice :)

lorraineg:) I love her album 2 thick, healthy hair.

** I'm Inspired by everyone here who set goals and strive to reach them natural or not**:)

Last edited:

Britt

I came to the boards about 4 years ago... I remember Caramela's hair distinctly, she was my first hair inspiration.

*ElleB

There was a member here named Babygirl (she's no longer here) and her hair was the bomb! In her album, her hair transformed...from like neck length to bra strap length! :shocked: and it was UBER shiny!

When I joined, the first album I jumped in was SouthernGirl :grin:

tenderheaded

I typed in "black hair tips" and there was don'tspeakdefeat leading a class on what to do and how to do it. Then I saw Southern Girl's relaxer tips and all that glorious hair and U knew there was hope for me! I've been hooked ever since:grin:

I Was Actually Looking For A Hair Steamer When I Stumbled Upon Serenity Breeze's Post Here @ LHCF And I Thought To My Self, She Has Some Beautiful Hair:yep: Then I Joined:D

MonaLisa

Man...there are so many inspirational heads on this board....

but my very, verrrrrrrry first...

Adrienne0915....I wonder if she knows how many people she has touched by taking the time to share. You had questions, she'd be right there for you....and I wouldn't be a Keracare Humecto head if it wasn't for her :lol:

followed closely by Kitchentician...will always be ..a hair idol....

*but I gotta sneak my drool shout outs in for MochaMadness (your hair makes me believe I got a fightin chance in this crazy hair world), SistaSlick, BabyGurl and Reniece (those progress photos keep hope alive, y'all don't know) AJDiva (for making 4a/4b sisters know they can get past shoulder length), Sylver (NTM gang sign, babeee), Southergirl
(Sweeter than MNT) and DSD (always a kind word, helpful and inspirational)*

*Mo gets hit with a half-full MTG bottle for going on too long....*:perplexed

wadadligyal

SISTASLICK all the way. Great hair, great progress and she gives great advice!!!!!!! Calling out sistaslick girl you're an inspiration!!!!!!!! :)

Kimberly

There were a lot of beautiful heads of hair on here (Sylver, Southerngirl, Adrienne, Sistaslick and the list goes on and on) but for me DSD was my first true hair inspiration. In her album, she just let it all hang out and I felt like I knew her or like she could've been me. She was always so energetic and dynamic with her advice. She seemed so compassionate because whatever you were struggling with, she had already been through...hair all over the sink/floor, brakage, dry hair....been there, done all of that...and to see her progress before your eyes...AMAZING

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
There are many ladies with gorgeous hair but I have to admit I stalked Irresistable's album so much when I first got here (I still do..lol). Also Babyblue, MaestraDiva77 & Peachtree...I took the time to memorize their pw even :lol:
They were definitely my inspirations for going natural. :)

jwhitley6

This is my first hair care site. My inspirations have been:

Isis
Macherieamour
Candy C
Sweet Cashew

I'm sure there are more, but these are the first ladies that caught my eye while I was lurking.

sylver2

Adrienne was the first persons hair I saw when I joined this board. My mouth dropped. I loved it.
SouthernGirl. I learned how to do bantu knots from her and that is a main hairstyle for me now. It made me throw away my curling iron. Haven't used one since.

silvergirl

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Sherrylove, Supergirl, Hairlove and Adrienne.....They ALLLLL kept me hungry and positive that I would reach my goals. Such beautiful heads of hair.

same for me

caribeandiva

Human being
Dana. i saw her long highlighted hair and my heart stopped. she's the reason i know about fotki and now practically live there.

FlyyGyrl

I drooled over many fotkis when I first found LHCF but Anky is the one who made me feel like I could do it too.

princesmich

when I first got here I loved Lala's hair, she emailed me her regimen and made me feel welcome, SISTASLICK thanks for the great advice, and Dlewis is one of my favorites, her hair is healthy, thick and shiny.

natstar

There have been so many-

On the natural side- Babyblue & Micarae comes to mind-but there are more

For relaxed-When I saw Southerngirl's hair for the first time I was in shock. Because before that time I did not think black ppls hair could grow like that. There are soo many other inspirations, but these are the ones that come to mind right now-both natural and relaxed when I first started on LHCF.

KathyMay

My first inspirations were DSD, Jennifer MD and AJamerican Diva. They motivated me to stay focus and my hair will eventually grow longer.

Last edited: