When you first joined, who was your inspiration?

*Muffin*

SweetCashew, KiniKakes, Bublnbrnshuga, Loveyaforever, Macherieamour, Chichelle, and Mochamadness to name just a few, lol.

Ambitious1013

blackbarbie
Tracy (especially for her bootcamp for color treated hair)

When I first joined, these ladies gave me inspiration that long color treated hair is possible! :)

TdotGirl

Just seeing SouthernGirl & Kitchen tician's fotki had me lurking on this site for a long time before I joined.

wannabelong

Ambitious1013 is my inspiration for me and a several other shorties on the board. Now that my hair is growing out, I had so many other inspirations.

ITA. Ambitious1013 showed me that I can grow my hair from a pixie cut. She will always be my inspiration.

I_shure_do_wish

Wow, good question I had a few and I had them bookmarked and everything. What I can remember is the first day stumbling on this website and took no more than a month before I purchased a membership. I was lost and confused and used Dontspeakdefeat's handy newbie article on her Fotki. Thats what got me started and asking questions! Thanks girl!

glamgal198

Kinikakes!! I still love her hair

Me 2! I don't know if she is still on here, but when i first saw her hair i was like :blush: Looking at her fotki and where she first started, her hair has made such a turn around! It's gorgeous!

Last edited:

MichL

Mine was/is SouthernTease because I was just starting to consider transitioning and Mane and Chic really helped me and gave useful information. It was also nice to see her progression through transitioning before I decided to take the plunge.

And I always have liked posts from people like Pokahontas, Eisani, Irresistible, Tiffers, JustKiya... I know I'm forgetting people. They always seem to answer questions and give good suggestions. I see them as the resident Aunties/Big Sisters of the hair forum. At least for newer ones like me.

ETA: And how could I forget to mention Sistaslick???? I used to print her articles out and read them like the bible. The things I learned from her helped me begin to undue 20 years of incorrect thinking, techniques, and products.

Last edited:

SEMO

My inspirations were too numerous to remember them all, but here's who stands out in my mind right now:

so1913
Nurse98
sylver2
JCoily
Poohbear
Supergirl
CoilyPeach
Pokahontas
Turnergirl
CBS

I'm blanking on a few others screenames right now, but I had/have many inspirations (lol, I had to check through my old bookmarks to supplement my memory--so some of these might be their fotki names). ;)

ETA (thanks for helping my memory ladies):
Southerngirl
Wifey
Kinikakes
Sherrylove
Den1
Sistaslick
Isis
SweetCashew

I'm sad some of these people seem to be gone from LHCF. :(

Last edited:

SimpleKomplexity

KINIKAKES! My whole regimen came from her. Between her and Macherieamour.....they should both think I'm a stalker loool. I went to their fotkis EVERYDAY when i first joined

NYREEROBERTS

Well I found this website in 2003, so I would have to say

1. SherryLove
2. DontSpeakDefeat
3. Allandra
4. JenniferMD

Thanks Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ebonylocs

Anky (now Angelicus) just before I came to LHCF. I stumbled across a journal / photo album she had. Her progress was AMAZING, from unhealthy broken-off hair, to a luscious mane with daily rinsing and bunning.

After I came here, Isis. Long thick texlaxed hair, and a healthy lifestyle in every way - very inspiring.

Also babygurl - her progress with bunning was out of this world, DSylla - hair seemed similar to mine and it was (is) huge!

Countless other people inspired and taught me in many different ways...

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Sistaslick--I printed out her articles because they are so helpful. I built my regimen based on her one article. Also I am improving my self relaxing techniques based on another article of hers. Besides all that her hair is beautiful.

Lavendar--Love her hair. I know she uses a lot of Hairveda (me too) and I've been in her fotki a million times studying it.

Tee--I'm speechless (that's rare for me)

Pokahontas, Empressri, and Eisani--My hair could never look like theirs bc we don't have the same hair type (I don't know what mine is but its not the same as theirs) but amazing heads of hair! Oh yeah and Pokahontas started the "Hairveda is amazing" thread and now I have staples for life. Thank you so much!

Sareca--Also another person with a fantastic head of hair that doesn't match my hair type but I love all of the natural products she uses and I've been taking notes.

One more, Taurus Angel, she was so helpful when I first came to this site. I truly appreciate that and I love her hair too!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Ooops, one more.

Tiffers--Long beautiful relaxed hair! Also she gave me a new method of wet bunning that is working for me. I don't like the look of my wet hair pulled back in bun. The method of saturating my hair with a spray on moisturizer is a keeper. Thanks!

Last edited: