Who was your first-time...

Nice & Wavy

MonaLisa said:
Man...there are so many inspirational heads on this board....

but my very, verrrrrrrry first...

Adrienne0915....I wonder if she knows how many people she has touched by taking the time to share. You had questions, she'd be right there for you....and I wouldn't be a Keracare Humecto head if it wasn't for her :lol:

followed closely by Kitchentician...will always be ..a hair idol....

*but I gotta sneak my drool shout outs in for MochaMadness (your hair makes me believe I got a fightin chance in this crazy hair world), SistaSlick, BabyGurl and Reniece (those progress photos keep hope alive, y'all don't know) AJDiva (for making 4a/4b sisters know they can get past shoulder length), Sylver (NTM gang sign, babeee), Southergirl
(Sweeter than MNT) and DSD (always a kind word, helpful and inspirational)*

*Mo gets hit with a half-full MTG bottle for going on too long....*:perplexed

Now, this is funny....NTM gang sign :lachen:

Nice & Wavy

sweetcashew said:
Damn why is board acting up again.

Nay, Chicoro and Hiza. Nay and Chicoro made me want to go natural.

Girl...look at your hair...ok, I think I'm about to stalk yours now!!!

Allandra

Dion said:
LorraineG
Hiza
Dana
Southerngirl
Kitchen_tician
Allandra's occasional pics in her siggy
Ahh, thanks hun. I actually had my hair pic as my avatar for a quick minute yesterday.

OneInAMillion

Peachtree was the very first head of hair I ran across. I was searching techniques for transitioning without big chopping, and I saw some pics of her transition.

After I joined, I saw healthy relaxed heads of hair that I liked: Den1, MzCaramelicious, Anky, and JenniferMD. They're all my inspiration :weird: .

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
nikkipoo said:
Mine are:
VWVixxen-She has made beautiful progress...She is an inspiration

Anky and Sistaslick-They started with a length close to my starting length and grew their hair long and beautiful

Simplycee-I know that she will help get me through any problems that I may encounter on my Journey to long hair. Also, Her hair is beautiful too!

Lexi84- Great progress, beautiful hair

These women are all an inspiration to me and they don't know it,but seeing their progress gives me all the motivation i need

Thanks girl! You know I gotcha back! :)

Nice & Wavy

karezone said:
Adrienne. I saw her pics and was hooked

Yes, I saw her fotki album today for the first time and oh my goodness!!! She has beautiful hair and she is a beautiful lady.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

My first time inspirations when I came to the board were:

Model_chick717
Den1
Sweet trini
CurlyCrly
Ayeshia

Before I became a paid subscriber, I remember pming these ladies for their haircare regimes and they were extremely kind and helpful to share with me their tips.

LaNecia

nikkipoo said:
Mine are:
VWVixxen-She has made beautiful progress...She is an inspiration

These women are all an inspiration to me and they don't know it,but seeing their progress gives me all the motivation i need

Awwww, thank you!!! :kiss:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I had too many first time inspirations back in 2004... they were den1, CaramelHonee, Sherrylove, Adrienne0914, and hairlove... I was always viewing those features of the month profiles. :)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Nice & Wavy said:
Hair board inspiration.

I remember when i first started coming to any hairboard, it was hairboutique.com. My inspiration there was Pokahontas. Her accomplishment in her transistion from relaxed to natural is what started me on my natural journey.

I have to give her all the props. She still is one of my biggest inspirations.:Flahsssss

Thanks Pokahontas...you get a "Shout Out!":yay: :dance7:

Thanks so much girl. You are such a sweetheart. I am blushing big time right now
, lol.

Hairboutique was my first hair board also. I got my start there and I doubt if I'll ever leave that board. When I transitioned I didn't know much and I didn't even know what a hair board was but I did all I could to educate myself and I somehow made it through. My hair was long but not as healthy as it could be until I found that first hair board and then it started to thrive. There's no looking back now!

To you Nice & Wavy, I wish you the best of luck on your journey. You are doing a wonderful job and your hair is just georgeous! God bless you.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
tld723 said:
This is my very first post here :D and Pokahontas is my inspiration to attempt to grow my hair as well as stop relaxing:)

Tami
Thanks sweetie and welcome to lhcf! Best of luck on your journey!

PinkAngel

I'd have to say these ladies have inspired me the most:

Macherieamor
Sylver2
Kitchentician
SistaSlick
Pradalover

mochamadness

Going the Distance
When I found this site the first two albums that took my breath away were both Kitchen_tician and Sherrylove's albums. :love: :love:

mochamadness

Going the Distance
MonaLisa said:
Man...there are so many inspirational heads on this board....

but my very, verrrrrrrry first...

Adrienne0915....I wonder if she knows how many people she has touched by taking the time to share. You had questions, she'd be right there for you....and I wouldn't be a Keracare Humecto head if it wasn't for her :lol:

followed closely by Kitchentician...will always be ..a hair idol....

*but I gotta sneak my drool shout outs in for MochaMadness (your hair makes me believe I got a fightin chance in this crazy hair world), SistaSlick, BabyGurl and Reniece (those progress photos keep hope alive, y'all don't know) AJDiva (for making 4a/4b sisters know they can get past shoulder length), Sylver (NTM gang sign, babeee), Southergirl
(Sweeter than MNT) and DSD (always a kind word, helpful and inspirational)*

*Mo gets hit with a half-full MTG bottle for going on too long....*:perplexed

Awww, thanks Mona!! :kissing4:

Trini"T"

OMG! Shout outs to SistaSlick, Reniece, and JenniferMD! Seeig their hair when they first started their haircare journey compared to how it is now greatly encouraged me. Everytime I felt like my hair wasn't growing fast enough I'll visit them and their pictures reassured that I WILL get there! I was actually timing my hair growth by SistaSlick's album...until I decided to chop my hair off:grin:

Tru_Mind

Naturali-t (Bublnbrnsuga). I first saw her fotki link on nappturality.com a couple of years ago. I followed her here and stayed.

-tru

RainbowCurls

My first inspiration was Reniece, I found her album linked from Black Hair Media.

When I joined LHCF, sylver2 was probably my first inspiration from this forum.

Luvableboo

Ohh my for sure it was and still is Sylver2 and SouthernGirlz.... Just viewing their albums give me the power to try just a little harder:D :D :D and it never hurts to have a goal...

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Babygurl, Southerngirl, and Sylver2, after I saw those girls hair and fotkis, I didn't waste no time registering w/paypal and paying my members fee. I wanted to ask ?'s and see it all........I think a wk after I found the board I joined, :p .