Who was your first-time...

PecanSandie

Once I saw:
Adrienne 0104, Anky and Southerngirl I was seriously inspired. The first two especially because there was such an amazing progress over time.

Lynnerie

Anky is my all-time inspiration. When I first stalked her fotki that wasn't good enough I had to email and chat with her. She came so far and it makes me feel its possible to get length from having short hair. She's got length, thickness, and my texture. And the girl's gorgeous! She also gives great advice too.

MissFallon

Candy_C was my first inspiration. She showed me that it wouldn't take forever to go from shoulder length to BSL.

Miss_Jetsetter

Bree on this forum, 1st quarter :)

I'm not here as much as I used to be, but as of recently, Sistaslick is a major inspiration!

MysTori

Kitchen_tician, Sylver2, Sistaslick. They have the most beautiful hair IMO. I use their tips and fotkis for inspiration.:p

**Miss Jetsetter, your hair is gorgeous too!**

Last edited:

MonaLisa

mochamadness said:
Awww, thanks Mona!! :kissing4:

Awwww girl....ur welcomed....you have GAWJEOUS hair....I love your hair...it deserves shouting out more often! ;)

*shout to Miss Jetsetter....you have made PHENOMENAL progress..I remember back in the day when you were frustrated about your hair...
now look at you....you're a hair balla now....:D *

Cien

Pink is my signature color
My very...very first one was JenniferMD!

Back when I discovered this board (June 2005) and could only lurk without joining---her fotki was one of the few that I could view without being an actual member.

Anyway--her progress and hair transformation just blew me out tha water! And it still does!!!

Then once I joined this year, I emailed Sistaslick--and she hit me back almost immediately! She then became my next hair idol (as an official member that is!) lol.....

You ladies are the absolute bomb! ALL of you!!

:)

YellowButterfly

SherryLove was my first hair inspiration. Her hair was /is so beautiful it almost brought tears to my eyes. Her fotki inspired me to take control of my hair health and made me believe I could grow my hair long. She is also so supportive of others trying to grow their hair.
Jennifer MD is also one of my hair inspirations and she was kind enough to send me her regimine. Her hair is absolutely beautiful.

dreamer26

For me since this is my first time on any hair site you all were inspirations but i first saw

MissJetsetter, Isis, Nice and Wavy and then I saw Sistaslicks

I thought when I saw one head of beautiful hair oh good for her, but then I saw sista after sista whether it was relaxed, or natural or texed it was all so georgeous I had to join. Truly this site is a testiment that is no one way to be black and beautiful.

luv04

Adrienne!!hands down..i mean she helped me soo much with growing my relaxed hair longer and stronger...she answered alot of my questions and was def and inspiration..

now that im a transitioner i have soo many imspirations..such as ayeshia, carefree,natukue,vmerie, blaqpearl, subbrock, so1913, peachtree, hairlove, countrygal, poohbear dreamypisces cofyisis isubabiedee, spiral, soulfulsista wysdom 1 Bublnbrnsuga,lovelymissoli ,nurseN98,and soo many more..

jasmin

brownrelaxedhair..she use to be a admin but now she's gone.

Supergirl was next...then babygurl and adrienne. There's been others but those were my first.

Miss_Jetsetter

MonaLisa said:
Awwww girl....ur welcomed....you have GAWJEOUS hair....I love your hair...it deserves shouting out more often! ;)

*shout to Miss Jetsetter....you have made PHENOMENAL progress..I remember back in the day when you were frustrated about your hair...
now look at you....you're a hair balla now....:D *

HAHA! LOL! Yup, I remember those days:) i was like Setback city, every week:(.

Thanks for the compliment Mona! I appreciate it:)!

ETA: Thanks Teressa9 and dreamer26!!

Last edited:

dannie

camellia said:
This is a great thread, ladies!:)

There are sooo many gorgeous heads of hair on here I couldn't even name them all, but my number one hair inspiration is Irresistible. I spent over an hour poring over her fotki one night when I first joined and I was so amazed! Her hair is so long, thick, and beautiful! I copied her and started using natural butters and oils too. :grin:

Mine too ;)

Also...
SherryLove and SuperGirl. However there are so many beautiful heads on here now it's hard to name them all. However you asked for the 1st so there it is...

H

honey_jammz82

luv04 said:
Adrienne!!hands down..i mean she helped me soo much with growing my relaxed hair longer and stronger...she answered alot of my questions and was def and inspiration..

ITA, I remember the first time I saw her album, I was flipping out!

lexi84

destiny616 said:
lexi84, her hair is so pretty

:eek: What? Thanks girl!! I was reading through this just to see what you ladies were saying, but I had no clue that I was one of the names mentioned!! :kiss: Thanks girl:)

plove

mines are

Blackcardinal ----I have to stay away from her before she think I'm crazy:lol:

DontpeakDefat----She went from short to long nicely

Den1----I was always on afro hair grow long to look at her hair (before LHCF)

OnceUponAtime

Adrienne was my first. I swear she single "headedly" converted a whole country to believe!

Her album and:
Irresistible
*Jessy55
Sherrylove
Supergirl
Hairlove
kking777
Caramela
Spagirl
Tracy
**Steph

*I saw Jessy55's pics on a defunct hairboard that archived it's posts. I just tripped over it surfing one day and haven't been able to find it since. When I found out she was a member here I was like a shy groupie. I wanted tell her about what I found, but I deleted every attempt to reach out 'cause I was sounding a bit "stalkerish" :lol: It's because of Jessy that I still band my hair as one of my low manipulation hairstyles. Thank you Jessy!

**Steph and her album are long gone, but she had the coiliest (I'm pretty sure that's not a word) natural hair that shrunk to about shoulder length when stretched it reached waist length. Her hair and the amount of shrinkage was amazing!!!

Those were the ladies I admired that were here before I joined, but sooooo many more came after and keep coming.

Seacrest out

Candy_C

MissFallon said:
Candy_C was my first inspiration. She showed me that it wouldn't take forever to go from shoulder length to BSL.

arr so sweet!

well look at chu now! ur gonna surpass BSL very soon :)