WIG CHALLENGE 2010

BellaLunie

still wigging it. I'm in love with my Outre Tammy and Sensationnel Anita. It's soooo hot in Fl I'm thinking about just doing half wigs instead of laces. But I love my long hair wigs

gabulldawg

For those of you who cornrow your hair under the wig, what do you do when you work out at the gym? Do you work out with the wig on your heads?

I never workout with a wig on. It's too hot. Plus I don't want to ruin my wig any moreso than regular daily wear/tear does. I just wear my cornrows out. :yep: But I'm the type of person that doesn't really care what I look like when I work out. I'm trying to get my exercise on, not look cute. :lol: I also don't go to the gym regularly now, though. I just walk outside. Even when I did go to the gym I would do the same thing.

aa9746

For those of you who cornrow your hair under the wig, what do you do when you work out at the gym? Do you work out with the wig on your heads?

I workout in my wig because I keep my hair braided up for so long it starts looking fuzzy. I can't wear my fuzzy braids in public, only at home. Wigs are my only hairstyle right now till I reach my goal.

bellesocialite

I've gone back to wigging consistently over the past week. I've been wearing the quick weave I did. I used Outre Premium Duby hair. I love this hair! I wanted a shorter look again but didn't want to cut my hair again.

I bought another wig yesterday. I got Cambridge Girl by Freetress. It's my new summer hair. I'll be alternating between the two.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm still wigging it! Netted Wig Cap and All. I am playing around with different moisturizers to keep things nice and soft and moisturized under 'the hat' So far, things are going good.

Che sent me a Spritz (Qhemet) I think the Tea one. So, I plan to start spritzing soon too.

I don't want to miss the Summer Growth Spurt under this wig........

btw: I bought a super short boy-cut style. I haven't worn it yet.

ScarletPhoenix

Okay ladies i have a question for you all. I have been rocking my wigs since last October and truly love them. For the past week I have had my natural hair out because my synethics lace fronts have been, well to simply put it, hot as heck! So what are you ladies doing for the summer? I miss my long flowing hair...but I can't walk around sweating because of all the heat from rocking my wigs

And btw! If you haven't already for those of you that buy wigs in bulk, like me, I just brought 7 at one time, check out rockeytrading.com. they do have a minimum purchase of $100 required but their wigs are usually around $20 when you pay more on other sites.

Lady S

Okay ladies i have a question for you all. I have been rocking my wigs since last October and truly love them. For the past week I have had my natural hair out because my synethics lace fronts have been, well to simply put it, hot as heck! So what are you ladies doing for the summer? I miss my long flowing hair...but I can't walk around sweating because of all the heat from rocking my wigs

And btw! If you haven't already for those of you that buy wigs in bulk, like me, I just brought 7 at one time, check out rockeytrading.com. they do have a minimum purchase of $100 required but their wigs are usually around $20 when you pay more on other sites.

Currently, I'm wearing my natural hair out. But I miss my fake hair. Will probably get a half wig that's kinky like Jamaican girl. Last year, when I was wearing a wig during the summer, I went with short ones. Much cooler in hot weather.

ScarletPhoenix

Currently, I'm wearing my natural hair out. But I miss my fake hair. Will probably get a half wig that's kinky like Jamaican girl. Last year, when I was wearing a wig during the summer, I went with short ones. Much cooler in hot weather.

This is the unit that I truly want http://apexhairs.com/kelly-hw1.html I think that rocking that this summer with a smidgen of my hair out would be hot! But then I am worried about protecting that hair that I have out and don't want it to break off :rolleyes:

How has anyone else success been in rocking 1/2 wigs? What tips do you have?

gabulldawg

This is the unit that I truly want http://apexhairs.com/kelly-hw1.html I think that rocking that this summer with a smidgen of my hair out would be hot! But then I am worried about protecting that hair that I have out and don't want it to break off :rolleyes:

How has anyone else success been in rocking 1/2 wigs? What tips do you have?

I have pretty much completely started only exclusively wearing half wigs. I love them. They look so realistic. A lot of times (depending on the style) people can't tell it's not my hair. Other times people assume it's a sew in. I leave a bit of hair out in the front and cornrow the rest, tucking up the ends and pinning them. Then I just have to blend my hair with the wig.

chelleypie810

I'm going to buy janet easy ida...and stop buying all the synth. unless I really like the style. I'm also going to buy 2 sen. shoulder length wigs to see if I like..

CurliDiva

You can still have long flowing hair in the summer, try:
  • now the time to use all of those cute acessories (headbands, clips, pins) for sexy updos, pull the hair to one side, clip the sides backs
  • Full bangs are HOT! Now is the time to wear side bangs or blend/pin into the rest of hair
  • Thin out the bulk of the wig (check out youtube for tutorials) to keep the length without the heavy (and HOT) bulk
  • And last but not least - NO full head baggying during the summer

ScarletPhoenix

You can still have long flowing hair in the summer, try:
  • now the time to use all of those cute acessories (headbands, clips, pins) for sexy updos, pull the hair to one side, clip the sides backs
  • Full bangs are HOT! Now is the time to wear side bangs or blend/pin into the rest of hair
  • Thin out the bulk of the wig (check out youtube for tutorials) to keep the length without the heavy (and HOT) bulk
  • And last but not least - NO full head baggying during the summer

Thank you so much for all that info. I rocked my LF in 90 degree weather today and simply pinned it up and it was alot better. But I'm wondering what that will do to the life of my synthetics. Guess I will just have to see because I attribute my rapid hair growth to them.

lovely_locks

Is it to late to join this challenge. I've actually never woe a wig in my life, and I am so excited to try something new! I am going ot the beauty supply shop later on today. I'm leaning towards a half wig, and revers wig. YAY!

CurliDiva

Thank you so much for all that info. I rocked my LF in 90 degree weather today and simply pinned it up and it was alot better. But I'm wondering what that will do to the life of my synthetics. Guess I will just have to see because I attribute my rapid hair growth to them.

I only wear synthetic and never have a problem!

CurliDiva

Is it to late to join this challenge. I've actually never woe a wig in my life, and I am so excited to try something new! I am going ot the beauty supply shop later on today. I'm leaning towards a half wig, and revers wig. YAY!

Welcome, its never too late! I've added your name to our roll :grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have my moisturizers built up and on point now. And I recently added a "Spritz" :yep:

All this should help to keep my hair in tip top shape as I go through the summer in My Wig.:yep:

So far, it's been a little easier than I would/could have imagined it would be.:perplexed At first, I was dreading the "thought", but it's not that bad:look:

Thanks to those of you that have worn wigs throughout the Summer for all the helpful tips.:grin:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
hello all, i'm a lurker with a question. does wearing wigs stress the hair and/or edges in any way? i have several whole wigs but don't wear them much because they scream, look at me, i'm wearing a wig. i need to get me a good head piece for those early morning gym days.

lovely_locks

I bought my first wigs today. I bought two half wigs. One is SUPER cute and I just have to braid out my hair. But the second one says that its a 2 color but i swear its a 1. What can you o if your hair does not match the hair? I don't want to dye it or anything. Also, instead of cornrowing (I can't braid) can I keep my hair twisted under the cap?

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Hey, everyone! I want to unofficially join this challenge since I am so late in the game. I have the Rihanna wig that my mom bought for me from Black Hairspray and am waiting on 4 half wigs that I bought from Hair Sisters (I'm not nervous about that order since I read through this thread after the fact.)
I'm tired of looking at my short hair and have no idea what to do with it. So I plan to hide it under my wigs during the week and let it rest when I'm at home and on the weekends.
Will post some pictures soon.

bluediamond0829

I totally forgot that I had joined but im loving my half wig....I think someone had mentioned it before or maybe i saw it somewhere else--but im stickin with the same style for some months because i absolutely love my half wig.

i just ordered another one of the same one with highlights in it......I'm so happy i finally found something that I could wear to work and out and it looks very natural...

Here is the pics of it:

http://www.clairhair.com/en/Product...itle=&Display=0&Type=Brand&Keyword=TRUE MATCH

This is the other one that im thinking about getting maybe in 2 or 3 months once i get tired of the one im wearing now...

http://www.clairhair.com/en/Product...itle=&Display=0&Type=Brand&Keyword=TRUE MATCH

ladysaraii

Hey y'all

I took a break from my wigs for a while b/c I wanted to try bunning, but now I'm back with my 2 french braids under a wig. I ordered a few in different styles and I'm waiting for a fe wmore that are backordered. but I'm wearing this one today