WIG CHALLENGE 2012

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
So I just purchased 2 new lace fronts. My first lace front! Too bad I only plan on wearing these babies as half wigs. LOL!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'm in in in! I got my wigs ready to go, I've started wearing them already. Wearing bob styles. I plan to do this all of 2012 :yep:

ETA:

This is the wig I've been rocking. It was much longer but I cut it. It still needs a lil' work but it works for now:

Not posting a starting pic 'cause I'm transitioning.

Last edited:

Aggie

Well....I will be wearing some wigs throughout the year but not excllusively...so I will be watching and wearing my wigs - sometimes throughout 2012. I am trying out weaves again alternated with wigs next year but I want to at least see what wigs everyone is waeing for this challenge. Who knows, you ladies might win me over completely:look:.

nisemac

I'm in. I started in July and have had good results as far as protecting my hair. I'm having a harder time with finding the right wig and caring for them.

bit OT but are there any good resources for caring for human hair afro/kinky curl wigs?
i've checked youtube but everyone seems to be fine with spritzing water and leave in....aint quite working for me. :(

mstokes2008

For those of you who wear lace fronts, do you wear them as full wigs, half wigs, a little bit of hair left out, no hair left out? Give me the scoop lol

13StepsAhead

For those of you who wear lace fronts, do you wear them as full wigs, half wigs, a little bit of hair left out, no hair left out? Give me the scoop lol

I wear full lace wigs just as that. I invest in wigs that already have the knots bleached so I don't have to do it myself. It saves me from leaving any hair out and my friends have said it looks like a sew-in and would have never known it was a wig.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

CurlsBazillion

mstokes2008I wear bss lace fronts as half wigs (only out enough hair to cover up the atrocious hair line.)

I wear full lace wigs just as that. I invest in wigs that already have the knots bleached so I don't have to do it myself. It saves me from leaving any hair out and my friends have said it looks like a sew-in and would have never known it was a wig.

@13StepsAhead where did you get your full lace wigs from. I've been eyeing rpgshow.com lately.

mstokes2008

Thanks for the reply! When I get further into the wig game I want to get some full lace wigs. I wore my lace front today with a little bit of hair out in the front but the difference in textures and the weather made it not go very well. :nono:

@mstokes2008I wear bss lace fronts as half wigs (only out enough hair to cover up the atrocious hair line.)

That's what I tried today but it did not go well. Will try again tomorrow. lol

halee_J

Don't worry be happy

mstokes2008 I actually tweeze the hairline of the wig so that it doesn't have that moon shape and unreal thick edges, I also don't cut the lace perfectly straight because my hairline isn't and cut extra baby hairs to help conceal the lace edge. Check out these YTvids:

Lacefront Wig Hairline Tweezing Tutorial

These vids are by one of our members MsMartina:

Three Steps to Make your Lacefront Wig Hairline Look Natural (Part 1)

Part 2

BonBon

I only buy lacefronts with bangs. I don't have time for all that hairline faffing about.

I bought from this seller last time
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160596959...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_4813wt_1156
I style the bangs and comb a lil hair spray through to set it in place. I do think tweezing the hair line, thinning the wig etc is a good idea. I also go to get my lace fronts cut into a style usually or bits tidied up that don't look quite right.

Fab79

i'm joining this challenge for 2012, i've been wigging it up so far and plan to continue at least till summer but might just switch it up to half wigs. plan to go wig shopping over the next couple of days and will post when i decided which to start the new year with

babyt87

I only buy lacefronts with bangs. I don't have time for all that hairline faffing about.

I bought from this seller last time
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160596959...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_4813wt_1156
I style the bangs and comb a lil hair spray through to set it in place. I do think tweezing the hair line, thinning the wig etc is a good idea. I also go to get my lace fronts cut into a style usually or bits tidied up that don't look quite right.

This is so pretty I could cry! Now to find the money!

msdeevee

I would Love to join this challenge but I'm having a hard time finding a suitable realistic wig that doesn't look like a hat.

I have the chocolate Egyptian curly lace front but it is a Diana Ross looking lotta hair. I'm in the process of cutting it and thinning it out but....

I have natural hair . Any suggestions for a kinky curly lace front that doesn't cost $300.00 ?

cami88

I wear the Drew lace front as a half wig with quite a bit of hair left out. You don't have to leave that much hair out though, I just like to.

Renewed1

I would Love to join this challenge but I'm having a hard time finding a suitable realistic wig that doesn't look like a hat.

I have the chocolate Egyptian curly lace front but it is a Diana Ross looking lotta hair. I'm in the process of cutting it and thinning it out but....

I have natural hair . Any suggestions for a kinky curly lace front that doesn't cost $300.00 ?

msdeevee I feel you! I want a nice curly "professional" looking wig. I can't seem any that I like.

Heck, if I can find a nice STRAIGHT hair professional wig, I'll be happy.

I'm exercising to lose weight, so I wanted a wig that can hide my hair, while I get healthy!

ProtectiveStyling

Im in! Im wearing a wig right now actually.... Creta girl! and i plan on ordering a wig from fridaynighthair before their free shipping ends and also bree from hairsisters!

Last edited:

xu93texas

Hi ladies! I want in. I just started wearing my first wig and I love it. I plan to wear wigs as my main protective style.

Last edited:

pinkprettypanda

Count me in!! I've been using wigs as a protective style aide since August!! Trying to grow out these natural curls! Been natural for a little over a year now I'll be doing a blog post soon!

remnant

Hi ladies! I want in. I just started wearing my first wig and I love it. I plan to wear wigs as my main protective style. I also do rollersets and I really like bantu knot-outs. I'm trying to get my neck length hair to shoulder length. (btw, I've never had hair longer than nl). So I'm all in.:grin: I'm currently wearing It's a Cap Wig HH Tara. Luuvv it.

The wig I have on now looks exactly like yours I really love it too:yep:

mstokes2008

I wear the Drew lace front as a half wig with quite a bit of hair left out. You don't have to leave that much hair out though, I just like to.

I've been eyeing Drew online! I really want that one. I saw one similar in the BSS over the weekend but it was $50 and I saw Drew for $20 on sale and I liked her much better. I may have to order it. Do you have any pics of you wearing her?

SN- I like my wavy one, "Spicy" but I actually think it's to long for me :nono: makes me have second thoughts about growing my hair out long. This wig challenge will be good practice for longer hair.

melisandre

I wear my lace fronts as full wigs. I just wear the hair toward my face, so that you can't see too much of the hairline. I'm afraid if I tweeze it, I'll mess it up. :lol:

I've been eyeing Drew online! I really want that one. I saw one similar in the BSS over the weekend but it was $50 and I saw Drew for $20 on sale and I liked her much better. I may have to order it. Do you have any pics of you wearing her?

Get Drew! It's a good wig to have in your collection and $20 is a great price for her. I paid about $30. :ohwell: I plan to repurchase this wig in a different color.

Here are a few shots of her:

Attachments

• Drew5.jpg
    Drew5.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 147
  • Drew6.jpg
    Drew6.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 155

mstokes2008

mstokes2008 I actually tweeze the hairline of the wig so that it doesn't have that moon shape and unreal thick edges, I also don't cut the lace perfectly straight because my hairline isn't and cut extra baby hairs to help conceal the lace edge. Check out these YTvids:

Lacefront Wig Hairline Tweezing Tutorial

These vids are by one of our members MsMartina:

Three Steps to Make your Lacefront Wig Hairline Look Natural (Part 1)

Part 2

That was a great video! Thanks do much for positing! I actually tweezed the hairline and made some baby hair and it looks SO much better! I love how it came out and it was so easy

mstokes2008

I wear my lace fronts as full wigs. I just wear the hair toward my face, so that you can't see too much of the hairline. I'm afraid if I tweeze it, I'll mess it up. :lol:

Get Drew! It's a good wig to have in your collection and $20 is a great price for her. I paid about $30. :ohwell: I plan to repurchase this wig in a different color.

Here are a few shots of her:

You should try tweezing them. The video posted was really helpful. Just go slow it's pretty easy. And I'm hoping to get Drew tomorrow. Just wish I could get it locally