WIG CHALLENGE 2014

I've fell the heck off of this challenge. I haven't worn a wig in over 3 months ^_^ it's just too darn hot.

Last edited:
I've not joined this challenge but I've been wearing half wigs since April and plan to continue for the rest of the year and beyond. It seems that my hair remains the most length when hidden under a wig. Right now I'm wearing a flw as a half wig but I just ordered a LaJay to wear on vacation next week.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using LHCF

Guys, I am in LOOOOOVE with this wig!!! I've been experimenting and preparing to wear it out of the house tomorrow. I did a braid out on it last night and here are the results:)

NGraceO Love it, the hair looks so natural!
IF you don't mind can you post the style number/link for this wig.

I'm determined to wig it through the summer because I'm experiencing a growth spurt. The real challenge is enduring the Miami humidity and heat! Words can't express how much I look forward to getting home from work, to yank this wig off and hang it on the door knob!

I started back wearing my wig yesterday. I just bought a curling wand so I put some loose waves in my wig. I like it. I just hope the waves stay at least all day tomorrow. That was time consuming. Sigh

I just bought this wig in a 1b... I really love it.. I have a question... I wear half wigs and I want to know should I wear a wig cap to protect my hair... What I have been doing is moisturizing my hair and sealing, braiding hair in two plaits and then putting Saran Wrap on the ends secured with a rubber band... Next I pin it up crisscross with Bobbie pins and put on my wig.... I do leave a small amount of hair to blend it.... Is this okay as I don't want hair breakage from this method?.. I am posting pics of how I pin up my hair and 1 of my new wig. It's called hot girl by fretress equal.

Attachments

• image-2802077582.jpg
    image-2802077582.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image-113324658.jpg
    image-113324658.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I just bought this wig in a 1b... I really love it.. I have a question... I wear half wigs and I want to know should I wear a wig cap to protect my hair... What I have been doing is moisturizing my hair and sealing, braiding hair in two plaits and then putting Saran Wrap on the ends secured with a rubber band... Next I pin it up crisscross with Bobbie pins and put on my wig.... I do leave a small amount of hair to blend it.... Is this okay as I don't want hair breakage from this method?.. I am posting pics of how I pin up my hair and 1 of my new wig. It's called hot girl by fretress equal.

Nice wig!! And always use a wig cap; preferably a satin one. The stocking caps always snag my hair strands at my crown. No bueno.

Nice wig!! And always use a wig cap; preferably a satin one. The stocking caps always snag my hair strands at my crown. No bueno.

Actually, I copied this you tuber method of securing her hair under a wig. I think a wig cap would make my hair too hot but I will look into finding a sating wig cap. Right now I just have a nylon cap that came with the wig.

Here is sista with real hair method for wearing wigs:

http://youtu.be/ustivVAyxqU

NGraceO
That part looks absolutely flawless! I have been debating back and forth about which wig to order from April Lace wigs. That Italian Yaki is on my radar, lol! I think any of the other textures would be too thin for my taste.

Im wearing a sew-in now but I want that wig!! Im taking this down at the end of September and then I'll wear the wig.

What have you been doing to prepare to wear it out? You have the 4x4 silk top, right? What size and color is your cap? Did you use any concealer on your part? Are the knots already bleached or did you do it yourself?

Again it looks COMPLETELY natural :yep: you should wear this out right away! The braidout looks awesome too.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

New wig. Back in the challenge! Had great growth when I wore wigs. Hoping to wear this one just as long and get more growth. Freetress "softy." Went with a lob (long bob) instead of long hair.

Attachments

• image-536892850.jpg
    image-536892850.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 111
Dabaddest How did you like yours? I don't think mine lasted long enough so I probably won't be buying again. :ohwell:

I don't wear it daily. the ends started looking bad so i flat iron them and they look new again. They are nice probably would re purchase just because I love the color I bought oh27613 i think

Still wiggin it. It's been too humid lately to wear my hair silky straight so I've started wearing the kinky straight wig I made. I may redo it and use 2 instead of 3 bundles. So far its alright. Can't wait till September when I can get my hands on some curly hair.

Attachments

• IMG_20140726_191111.jpg
    IMG_20140726_191111.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 135
Still wiggin it. It's been too humid lately to wear my hair silky straight so I've started wearing the kinky straight wig I made. I may redo it and use 2 instead of 3 bundles. So far its alright. Can't wait till September when I can get my hands on some curly hair.

This is gorgeous!

Been rocking a short do all week while in San Fran...I miss my hair tho :sad: Just gotta make it to Friday.

Part of me wanted a long wig again to toss around after seeing the On The Run concert, but I'm loving the summer ease and sass of my bob wig! :)

Welp, I'm back on this challenge :nono: After wearing half-wigs and suffering breakage, I went to lace fronts (synthetic with the hard lace) and suffered breakage. I decided to do full weaves with a closure and got some breakage. Now, I'm back to wigs. I found a wig design (has very small amount of lace) that shouldn't cause friction on my hairline while allowing me to moisturize my own hair underneath: http://www.sensationnel.com/Catalog/catproduct/details?brandid=54

I'm going to try to do the C&G technique with the new wig. Hopefully, I can recover by the end of the year. I'm getting really frustrated with my hairline. :nono:

Details stat!

Ladies, HELP!!! I NEED.THIS.WIG. Okay, I'm being dramatic, but have wanted a wig simile to these styles for a very long time. Have you ever owned/ seen one like it?

I want it human, silk top and full ace, natural brown, and high density.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUVE OWNED OR SEEN A REVIEW OF A SIMILAR WIG!!!

Ps. Sry to those who have asked abt my Italian yaki wig and I didn't get back to you; I've been kinda mia. It's from classic lace wigs. If you want more dets, PM me

Attachments

• image-480304581.jpg
    image-480304581.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1099290768.jpg
    image-1099290768.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1430850706.jpg
    image-1430850706.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 104
NGraceO That part looks absolutely flawless! I have been debating back and forth about which wig to order from April Lace wigs. That Italian Yaki is on my radar, lol! I think any of the other textures would be too thin for my taste. Im wearing a sew-in now but I want that wig!! Im taking this down at the end of September and then I'll wear the wig. What have you been doing to prepare to wear it out? You have the 4x4 silk top, right? What size and color is your cap? Did you use any concealer on your part? Are the knots already bleached or did you do it yourself? Again it looks COMPLETELY natural :yep: you should wear this out right away! The braidout looks awesome too. I LOVE this HHJ!!

Yes, mine is 4x4, but it's from classic lace. I think I got it in dark brown, but I might be wrong. The silk top does it need to be bleached; the lace is I bleached but I never show it anyway, so I don't care lol. And sometimes I use concealer on the part; I think I had done so in the above picture. Many days ( like today), I don't, esp when I wear it in a deep side part..like this:

Attachments

• image-1861030379.jpg
    image-1861030379.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 146
Back