Ya'll The Asians in the Supreme Court Tryna Get Rid of Affirmative Action.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
When I was in school, many of these model students were the biggest CHEATERS on campus. In addition to that, they had copies of solution guides to the Calculus and physic books that I used as part of my chemical engineering program before I left the program. I SAW a tattered copy with my own eyes. I was part of the Society of Black Engineers on my campus and we DID not have access to such a solutions guide. We had to study and figure out the problems for ourselves. It’s easier to be 4.3 or above student when you have the answers.

Let them chickens come on home to roost. I’ll even spread a few crumbs myself to get that yard bird home even faster.

Black Ambrosia

I really wonder what it would do to their communities if we collectively just stopped patronizing them. No more shopping at their beauty supplies, no more kanekelon, yaki, ocean wave, etc. I hardly ever eat Chinese food but we can throw that in there too. That would be a modern take on the Montgomery bus boycott.

Black Ambrosia

It’s the weave industry period that will hurt them. Black women need to give up wearing weave and that will have a major impact on their pockets here and overseas.
How do we make this happen? Natural styles are popular and there are so many tools and videos to help us do our hair. I know it's deeper than that but I don't know what it would take to make it happen.

Evolving78

How do we make this happen? Natural styles are popular and there are so many tools and videos to help us do our hair. I know it's deeper than that but I don't know what it would take to make it happen.
It needs be done strategically and quietly. But people don’t know how to move in silence. We need a “I love my hair” campaign. But no artificial braids either. We have to cut it all out.

Black Ambrosia

It needs be done strategically and quietly. But people don’t know how to move in silence. We need a “I love my hair” campaign. But no artificial braids either. We have to cut it all out.
One of us needs to develop a new synthetic fiber. They've figured out how to keep us out of the supply chain but creating something would address that. But you're right, in terms of a boycott we'd need to eliminate anything that has to be added to the hair.

Chicoro

One of us needs to develop a new synthetic fiber. They've figured out how to keep us out of the supply chain but creating something would address that. But you're right, in terms of a boycott we'd need to eliminate anything that has to be added to the hair.
That took a lot of thought and focused effort to figure out how to keep other groups out of the supply chain.

I can't blame anyone, though. It's smart to identify and capture a market and block entry by others. It's business. It doesn't have to be nice. I learned this late in life, that it's not about being nice.

Evolving78

That took a lot of thought and focused effort to figure out how to keep other groups out of the supply chain.

I can't blame anyone, though. It's smart to identify and capture a market and block entry by others. It's business. It doesn't have to be nice. I learned this late in life, that it's not about being nice.
I agree, but they establish businesses in our communities, but want nothing to do with us socially. They purposely segregate themselves from us. They are capitalistic and exploitive and we need to put a stop to that toxic behavior.

Everything Zen

Also stop patronizing the nail salons. I never was interested in manicures but got pedicures a few times a year. Recently I found a nail polish brand that I really like that I can keep up with my own nails at home for a polished look and I’ve found a non Asian salon where I can get a hot stone mani/pedi a few times a year to treat myself. I only use faux locs from black owned shops on Etsy. The only thing left for me is King Spa. :look:

Evolving78

Also stop patronizing the nail salons. I never was interested in manicures but got pedicures a few times a year. Recently I found a nail polish brand that I really like that I can keep up with my own nails at home for a polished look and I’ve found a non Asian salon where I can get a hot stone mani/pedi a few times a year to treat myself. I only use faux locs from black owned shops on Etsy. The only thing left for me is King Spa. :look:
Where are they getting those faux locs from though? I’m talking about shutting down the means of production, not just stop buying hair gel and getting beauty/food services from them. Black hair sellers and nail techs have a hard time getting supplies from them. They literally have locked us out. If black women and hair sellers went 6 months without purchasing any hair from them, or go to their salons, they wouldn’t be able to feed their families.

luckiestdestiny

You claimed to not know how it works--then decided its not necessary. I was calling that out more than anything. And I then went on a rant about AA in general. But I need you to understand, you are positing the same argument as racist whites who USE that argument to HIDE their racism. You are not wrong in your feelings. Clarence Thomas agrees with you and his argument about it being insulting to Black folk to suggest they NEED HELP holds weight for me. But stances like his and yours ignore the fact that enrollment of high-achieving black students all of a sudden went up after AA. Its not like blacks had JUST STARTED to become high-achieving. And as racist as this country remains to be, we simply don't want to peel back any gains made thanks to AA. And why SHOULD WE TRUST them to do what's right? So to be honest...maybe this is a TRUST issue. Do POC trust this white government? SHOULD THEY? And it sounds like you and Judge Thomas are saying WE SHOULD.

Oh and context warning: you're speaking to someone who DOES NOT CARE if its discriminatory to give blacks a boost.
With all of my HS achievements (A average GPA, Yearbook editor, student government, and many other achievements)---looking back, if being black allowed Affirmative Action to give me a boost--good. But I had to hit my roommate with the facts--pure facts about my achievements and my GPA. I am smarter now, and I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder because I started college when I was 17. I was young and trying to prove myself to the world.

You know....a Jewish man is suing a black woman-owned venture capitalist fund because they give their grants to BW. He is calling them discriminatory. Meanwhile the company he founded is allied with dozens of Jewish and Hebrew speaking orgs that cater to Jewish people, investors and families. They just SAY they are open to all. And no one has a problem with Jewish people looking out for Jewish people. They title their funds as so as a way to discourage non-Hebrews or Jews from applying. Meanwhile, someone sees something helping black folk, and its a problem. They wanna join our safe spaces...like all the WW applying to be in "Black girls run." So with all of these conditions, I'm always gonna have a little smoke for people like this guy who suggests people looking out for Black people are problematic. That fund was started BY black women FOR black women because they rightly acknowledge that BW get <1% of the investment capital out there. I'm really not trying to hear anyone talk about we need a fair and level playing field when we play their game and they STILL exclude us intentionally. I'm not trying to hear it anymore. Cause it was never a fair game. Asking black folk to play fair is just their way of saying: "too many black folk doing good now." And that's literally what's going on in so many areas of life.

However--- know that I hear your assertions, and we need civil discourse. Being the one many disagree with is uncomfortable, but it contributes to the entire conversation and it needs to be heart----- and know that even if your voice shakes, I need you to always speak up. With all love and respect.
I've only peaked in this thread every once in a while because the whole subject just irks me with the A's doing this.

But everything you are saying bears a repeat especially, "Asking black folk to play fair is just their way of saying: "too many black folk doing good now." And that's literally what's going on in so many areas of life.

You said a mouthful. And yes dude is crying foul and suing a black woman owned venture capitalist fund while steady helping his ppl (as he should ...help his ppl not sue :rolleyes: )

but when AA's do the same, it becomes a problem.

Last edited:

Everything Zen

I've only peaked in this thread every once in a while because the whole subject just irks me with the A's doing this.

But everything you are saying bears a repeat especially, "Asking black folk to play fair is just their way of saying: "too many black folk doing good now." And that's literally what's going on in so many areas of life.

You said a mouthful. And yes dude is crying foul and suing a black woman owned venture capitalist fund while steady helping his ppl (as he should ...help his ppl not sue :rolleyes: )

but when AA's do the same, it becomes a problem.
That’s why we need to move in silence. I’m still shocked and still don’t understand the concept of jealousy when it comes to us as a people doing well. This situation with my neighbors has me straight confused that these people would be foaming at the mouth trying to disturb my peace when all I’ve ever done was sip my wine and mind my business.

Shula

That’s why we need to move in silence. I’m still shocked and still don’t understand the concept of jealousy when it comes to us as a people doing well. This situation with my neighbors has me straight confused that these people would be foaming at the mouth trying to disturb my peace when all I’ve ever done was sip my wine and mind my business.

That’s why I look at the new generation like they are nuts! Somebody dropped the ball raising them. Why are they flexing all of their business on the internet? Financial success, business success, educational success, everything has to be shown off. All of our cultural business is everywhere and people step right on in as if they were invited to every cookout. And act as though they have a right to all we are and have. Always in our business and young dummies just aid and abet. And ain’t no nword passes! Stop it!

They don’t understand that people can’t live or breathe unless they are hurting or oppressing us in some way. Keep your head down, but on a swivel, mind your money silently, and get your “weight“ up without having to constantly brag. Even how they do social justice now is wild. We were born with enemies waiting for us. Shut up and live and enjoy your life as peacefully as possible. Like you said, you can’t even sip wine in peace. Racist folks have empowered other minorities to think they can treat us the same. Au contraire, find y’all some business other than ours.

Last edited:

Evolving78

That’s why I look at the new generation like they are nuts! Somebody dropped the ball raising them. Why are they flexing all of their business on the internet? Financial success, business success, educational success, everything has to be shown off. All of our cultural business is everywhere and people step right on in as if they were invited to every cookout. And act as though they have a right to all we are and have. Always in our business and young dummies just aid and abet. And ain’t no nword passes! Stop it!

They don’t understand that people can’t live or breathe unless they are hurting or oppressing us in some way. Keep your head down, but on a swivel, mind your money silently, and get your “weight“ up without having to constantly brag. Even how they do social justice now is wild. We were born with enemies waiting for us. Shut up and live and enjoy your life as peacefully as possible. Like you said, you can’t even sip wine in peace. Racist folks have empowered other minorities to think they can treat us the same. Au contraire, find y’all some business other than ours.
I don’t think that is a youth or younger generation thing. The internet just allows people period to disclose all of their business. You can’t even get a job without putting your whole profile and professional accomplishments online. Everything will be on display, but if black women give up wigs and weaves that will put a dent in things.

Black Ambrosia

I don’t think that is a youth or younger generation thing. The internet just allows people period to disclose all of their business. You can’t even get a job without putting your whole profile and professional accomplishments online. Everything will be on display, but if black women give up wigs and weaves that will put a dent in things.
I’m guessing her comment was about social media. Every post/reel is about how somebody is making a gazillion dollars by going into tech, truck driving, government contracts, etc. If it’s not about getting your money up, it’s about things women never discussed so freely in public like making the lace on your wig invisible.

I get that influencers need content but there’s literally no moving in silence. This seems to be a generational thing but I know there are exceptions.

Evolving78

I’m guessing her comment was about social media. Every post/reel is about how somebody is making a gazillion dollars by going into tech, truck driving, government contracts, etc. If it’s not about getting your money up, it’s about things women never discussed so freely in public like making the lace on your wig invisible.

I get that influencers need content but there’s literally no moving in silence. This seems to be a generational thing but I know there are exceptions.
I think if older generations had that same technology in their youth, the same thing would happen. LinkedIn is social media. You literally have to brand yourself on there and constantly post content relevant to your career and what’s happening in your industry.

Last edited:

Chicoro

After Fighting To End Affirmative Action In College Admissions, Asian Americans Fear Being Rejected​

Phillip Scott Podcast

@rhlove2355
12 days ago (edited)

"Immigrants tend to forget several important pieces of legislation; #1. The Immigration Act of 1917, which BARRED ASIANS FROM ENTERING THE U.S. and #2. The Immigration Act of 1924 which was designed to limit all immigration to the U.S. and it was especially restrictive for Eastern and Southern Europeans and Asians. #3. The Immigration Act of 1917, BARRED ASIANS AND OTHER NON-WHITE GROUPS, and #4. The Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965, WHICH ALLOWED so called skilled workers and their families to enter the U.S. What needs to be highlighted is the FACT THAT THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THAT WAS FOUGHT BY FOUNDATIONAL NEGRO AMERICANS HAD A MAJOR INFLUENCE IN THE PASSING OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION ACT OF 1965. All IMMIGRANTS, even other “Black” immigrants FORGET WHO FOUGHT FOR RIGHTS WHICH EVENTUALLY ENDED UP BENEFITTING THEM."

Black Ambrosia

I think if older generations had that same technology in their youth, the same thing would happen. LinkedIn is social media. You literally have to brand yourself on there and constantly post content relevant to your career and what’s happening in your industry.
I get where you’re coming from but I don’t think you can compare branding on LinkedIn to other social media platforms. I haven’t seen anyone on LinkedIn dancing or doing challenges for engagement. It’s just people posting tips on resumes/job searches or commenting on relevant workplace issues. Sometimes you see posts about social issues but the content is pretty bland and only relevant to people looking for it. Generally speaking it's a younger crowd doing the most on social media.

awhyley

After Fighting To End Affirmative Action In College Admissions, Asian Americans Fear Being Rejected​

Phillip Scott Podcast

@rhlove2355
12 days ago (edited)

"Immigrants tend to forget several important pieces of legislation; #1. The Immigration Act of 1917, which BARRED ASIANS FROM ENTERING THE U.S. and #2. The Immigration Act of 1924 which was designed to limit all immigration to the U.S. and it was especially restrictive for Eastern and Southern Europeans and Asians. #3. The Immigration Act of 1917, BARRED ASIANS AND OTHER NON-WHITE GROUPS, and #4. The Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965, WHICH ALLOWED so called skilled workers and their families to enter the U.S. What needs to be highlighted is the FACT THAT THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THAT WAS FOUGHT BY FOUNDATIONAL NEGRO AMERICANS HAD A MAJOR INFLUENCE IN THE PASSING OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION ACT OF 1965. All IMMIGRANTS, even other “Black” immigrants FORGET WHO FOUGHT FOR RIGHTS WHICH EVENTUALLY ENDED UP BENEFITTING THEM."

Yeah, they're realizing that they made the boo boo.

Chicoro

“Online testing is a joke”: How Chinese students cheat on U.S. college entry exams​

For just $5,000, students can buy their way to acing English exams.​

The introduction of at-home testing for Toefl, GRE, the GMAT management admission exam, and even the LSAT law school aptitude tests during the pandemic has made it easier to cheat, fueling the practice in China. For a few thousand U.S. dollars, professionals like Wang make sure students obtain test scores high enough to land them places at the world’s top universities.

Chicoro

I encourage black women to take every opportunity and piece of privilege that comes their way, that does not compromise THEIR personal values, and do so with no guilt and no shame. If it works for you, do it and take it and use it.

Don't be fooled or punked into, "You got that 'cause you black... so you shouldn't take it..." blah blah

Everybody has got some kind of privilege. Identify yours.
Use it and leverage it for what you want and think you need.​