Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Both are equally great!

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Neither one is all that!

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aicer

I've heard good things about this brand of conditioners, so which one is better.

Which one is more moisturizing and has the best slip? I need a good conditioning/ co-washing experience in my life lol :drunk:

Tell your experience with each if you have had one.

If you have used Yes to Tomatoes tell your experience as well!

Ingredients:

Yes To Carrots Pampering Hair Mud Conditioner

Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Silt (Maris Limus), Magnesium Chloride, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cetrimonium Chloride, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.

Yes To Cucumbers Daily Makeover Conditioner

Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid. Certified Organic Ingredient

Last edited:

EllePixie

Yes to Cucumbers is way more moisturizing than Carrots, at least to my hair. I like the Carrots too, but it's thinner and more oily.

SleekyHair

The Yes to Cucumbers is more moisturizing, but the Yes to Carrots has amazing slip. I prefer the Yes To Carrots, but if you are co-washing with it might be best to go with the Cucumbers bc it doesn't have cones.

Grand Prix

I haven't used Yes to Carrots for a while, but I loved it during my transition. I even used it as a moisturizer. It had lots of slip and made my hair look and feel very good, but I went off it after a while because I just couldn't stand the smell anymore. Even when I freshly shampoo'd my hair it would smell musty.

Later on I tried Yes to Cucumbers and it's become my cowash staple! I could go on and on about how much I love this stuff. :drunk:
You only need a little bit, it doesn't overly moisturize (which is good for me since I cowash daily), gives me great curl definition, has no cones and smells nice and fresh..
I leave it in my hair and it gives me the best wash and goes.

Uniqzoe

Although I haven't tried Yes to Carrots, I LOOOOOOOVE Yes To Cucumbers. This stuff is thick and provides the very best slip. This was one of the first conditioners I tried when I started my transition and I haven't found a match to it yet. I also like to add water to it and use it for a leave in since both the leave in and the was out have the same exact ingredients.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
YTC has the best slip ever!!! I love it so much, I can't rave enough. I have Yes to Tomatoes but I haven't used it alone yet, only mixed with YTC because I ran out of it and had to mix so I can't give an accurate review on that one. I have to say I feel like all of them are probably similar because they're pretty much all made from the same formula I think. I just love that it literally melts my tangles away!!! Man I wanna go co-wash now, lol.

MonPetite

I've tried all the products of both lines and reviewed them in great detail here. Both are fantastic lines. YTC is heavier on the slip, generally speaking.

EllePixie

The Yes to Cucumbers is more moisturizing, but the Yes to Carrots has amazing slip. I prefer the Yes To Carrots, but if you are co-washing with it might be best to go with the Cucumbers bc it doesn't have cones.

They reformulated the Yes to Carrots and took out the dimethicone! :)

GreenEyedJen

I have the shampoo and conditioner for both formulations. I like Yes To Carrots conditioner better and Yes To Cucumbers shampoo better, probably because the Carrots shampoo has SLS, the Cucumbers has ALS. However, they have been reformulated as the person above me said. The shampoos don't have any sulfates anymore (unless I missed one when I was checking it out in Target a few weeks ago).

But you weren't asking about that. For me, Yes To Carrots conditioner AND mask all the way!

Diva_Esq

I love Yes To Carrots but I don't like the new bottle spout. I can barely get any out without having to put muscle into it.

Aicer

Good to know. So are you DC with the YEs to carrots instead of co-washing with it?

Aicer

I haven't used Yes to Carrots for a while, but I loved it during my transition. I even used it as a moisturizer. It had lots of slip and made my hair look and feel very good, but I went off it after a while because I just couldn't stand the smell anymore. Even when I freshly shampoo'd my hair it would smell musty.

Later on I tried Yes to Cucumbers and it's become my cowash staple! I could go on and on about how much I love this stuff. :drunk:
You only need a little bit, it doesn't overly moisturize (which is good for me since I cowash daily), gives me great curl definition, has no cones and smells nice and fresh..
I leave it in my hair and it gives me the best wash and goes.

It smells bad? I thought people were saying it smelled like baby powder?

They reformulated the Yes to Carrots and took out the dimethicone! :)

Yay! That's good to know!

SleekyHair

Good to know. So are you DC with the YEs to carrots instead of co-washing with it?

Yes, I usually leave it in my hair for about 15-20 mins while I'm in the shower. I tried DCing with it outside of the shower for longer (about an 1hr) but I didn't notice much of a difference.

beautyaddict1913

I luv luv luv yes to cucumbers! I use it as my detangling and moiturizing conditioner after I wash. It doesnt have the best slip for detangling but the slip isnt bad either. It makes my hair soooo soft and it even feels clean and refreshed. Oooo Im craving it (darn hide your hair challenge lol)!! The only reason why I never used Yes To Carrots is becuz of the cones...strict no cone diet here! But I am glad to know that it was reformulated. I have used Yes to Tomatoes and its just ok. I used it to co-wash, so Im not sure about the slip, while it didnt dry my hair out it didnt make it incredibly soft either. Yes to Cucumbers is my $3.99 at Ross staple item.

SleekyHair

Has anyone checked the exp date on the YTC from Ross? I'm almost out, but I don't want to buy it from Ross if its going to expire soon. It takes me a while to finish a product

Coffee

TheNaturalStore.com has YTCucumbers on sale, buy one and get one half price, plus 20% off. I purchased 2 bottles including shipping for $15.78 and it's been shipped already. Ordered it around 1:30pm :yep:.

Last edited:

hairedity

...for those referring to their preference as "YTC" .. you do realize both cucumbers and carrots start w/the letter "C" right :lachen:

or am I missing something lol!!

Aicer

...for those referring to their preference as "YTC" .. you do realize both cucumbers and carrots start w/the letter "C" right :lachen:

Omg! I just realized that! :lachen: I hadn't even noticed, when people said YTC in my head I automatically thought yes to cucumbers and I could totally be wrong! :lachen:

Yes, people come back and tell us what YTC really means! :drunk:

Aicer

TheNaturalStore.com has YTC on sale, buy one and get one half price, plus 20% off. I purchased 2 bottles including shipping for $15.78 and it's been shipped already. Ordered it around 1:30pm :yep:.

They sometimes have them at Ross for $4. Imma try and stock up the next time I see them there, because that's the cheapest I've seen them yet.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

No, I'm not very observant. I see YTC used a lot in the hair section, I always assume they mean Yes To Carrots since that's the more popular one but then again I'm not in the hair section much.

Mine means Yes To Carrots (YTCAR).

ETC....I get so confused by that invisible writing. Most of the time I'm like what does that mean and why don't they want it to show!:lachen:

Last edited:

Grand Prix

It smells bad? I thought people were saying it smelled like baby powder?

It does smell faintly like baby powder, but it also smells very musty/old.
I even asked my friends to smell it, to see if it was me, and they couldn't believe I ever even used it. :lachen:
Maybe it takes longer to ship to my local stores (Netherlands) and with all the natural ingredients and stuff.. I just can't stand the smell.

tkj25

i voted both are equally good -- slip, moisturising, dissolves into air easily... but i like the color & smell of yes-to-cucumbers better. :grin::drunk::grin:

Last edited: