Yes to Cucumbers Leave In

Kellum

Hi Everyone,

I am totally a PJ. I am always on the look out for something better than what I have. I was using the Rusk Smoother and NTM Silk Touch (thanks Sylver2). These work great but they have a lot of silicone. I have to clarify after using them over a long period of time. I am trying to stay away from shampoos. While in Walgreens I found the Yes to Cucumbers Leave In. So far I must say I like it. It is a very thick, creamy consistency. A little goes a long way. I believe it works better on damp hair. The ingridents look good too. Has anyone else tried this product?

Ingredients Lists

Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.
* Certified Organic Ingredient

http://yestocarrots.com/?CategoryID=437

chocolatetresses

Sounds yummy and the ingredients look great also. How does it smell and what are the benefits of cucumbers for hair by the way?

adw425

I don't buy much anymore at all, but I have been eying this one. I might go ahead and pick it up on my way home. I love the ingredients!

Kellum

Sounds yummy and the ingredients look great also. How does it smell and what are the benefits of cucumbers for hair by the way?

I guess it has a faint cucumber smell, it is very light. Not a bad smell at all. I have no idea about the benefits of cucumbers?

As for the benefits; I read this "Hair growth: The silicon and sulfur content in cucumber juice makes it especially helpful in promoting hair growth. Drink it mixed with carrot, lettuce or spinach juice."
http://www.juicing-for-health.com/cucumber-benefits.html

This talks about drinking the juice; not applying it topically.

I pretty much just bought this to try it because I liked the ingredients. It was only around $6 so I figured I could try it and see. I don't think you need a lot since it is very thick, and creamy. A little goes a long way. I think it may be a good investment. Time will tell.

joytimes10

I've been looking for a good cone free leave-in. I may try this one. Anyone have any feedback on how well it works?

mj11051

I love it and I have the Yes to cucumbers conditioner it no cones either. I love them together because they leave my hair very soft and they protect my color.HTH

La Colocha

I love it and I have the Yes to cucumbers conditioner it no cones either. I love them together because they leave my hair very soft and they protect my color.HTH

I had no idea they had a cucumber conditoner, and its cone free :scratchch. Have you tried the yes to carrots condioner? if so how do the 2 compare. I think i have a date with walgreens tonight.

msa

Ingredients Lists

Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.
* Certified Organic Ingredient

http://yestocarrots.com/?CategoryID=437

I love the Yes to Carrots/cucumbers/tomatoes line of stuff but I just wanted to make sure you guys aren't getting wooed by the "extracts" without noticing the basic ingredients. The extracts are great and all but I'm sure they don't make up the bulk of the product.

The cetearyl alcohol (an emollient, moisturizer, and thickener) and the oils are most likely doing most of the work. If you're already using something similar (especially if it's cheaper) then all the extracts aren't going to make that much of a difference to your hair, IMO.

I use their line of body stuff and I love natural stuff in general, I just don't want y'all paying more for something because of the "extracts".

mj11051

I had no idea they had a cucumber conditoner, and its cone free :scratchch. Have you tried the yes to carrots condioner? if so how do the 2 compare. I think i have a date with walgreens tonight.

Yes I have and I like the Yes to Cucumbers better.

Queen V

This is my current leave-in, and it does wonders on my out-of-control new growth. It may possibly replace NTM for me (and that takes a LOT, as I'm a huge NTM fan).

Jalen's Mom

This is my current leave-in, and it does wonders on my out-of-control new growth. It may possibly replace NTM for me (and that takes a LOT, as I'm a huge NTM fan).

Did you say replace NTM? OH, LAWD NO!! I just bought 2 bottles of NTM at CVS today (on sale). Do you use the YTC as a daily moisturizer and a leave-in?

spinspinshuga

I'm currently using this. I mostly like it, but it's not as moisturizing as I'd like it to be; however, it makes my hair feel smooth. It's not terribly thick. Some people complain about the scent, but I rather like it.

ETA: Actually, just kidding. I just applied this to damp hair and it made it feel awful and tangled. Maybe that's what's been causing my breakage? My hair is totally schizophrenic right now; just ignore me.

Last edited:

Queen V

Did you say replace NTM? OH, LAWD NO!! I just bought 2 bottles of NTM at CVS today (on sale). Do you use the YTC as a daily moisturizer and a leave-in?

I only use YTC as a leave-in; it's a little too heavy for my hair as a daily moisturizer.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I picked some up this weekend from Target. It goes on really light so it makes me think that I’m not using enough (which I am) or that my hair isn’t that moisturized from it. I’ll be using it again tonight and see how it goes. Worse case scenario, if it doesn’t work for me, I’ll just use it in my baggy like I do for Giovanni Direct Leave In.:yep:

tkj25

i've been trying to find the yes-to-cucumbers ... walgreens you say:) hmmmn ... i might have to make a trip tomorrow :drunk::drunk::drunk: