You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

Amoreofcurls

How much is everyone using? (per ingredient) and how long is your hair?
Because Chicoro's hair is SUPER long, and course she'd have to use alot more the people with shorter lengths....

bride91501

Have this on my head now....I use it to pre-poo overnight. It's definitely a staple in my regimen now.

I usually have to use a little more than the recipe calls for.

jayjaycurlz

I used this recipe two weeks ago, before I twisted my hair. This pre-poo is truly moisturizing! My hair was so easy to detangle in the shower. This is a great addition to my winter haircare regimen.

Amoreofcurls

Im trying this in a few... Im definitely using a spray bottle based on the responses in here...I dont have regular coconut oil but I do have Vatika , which I love

Melissa-jane

Thank you! I have the ingredients And I was not sure whether her book would be same ole same ole. Now I believe it's worth it. I have subscribed and bought the book, amazing!

Nasdaq_Diva

How much is everyone using? (per ingredient) and how long is your hair?
Because Chicoro's hair is SUPER long, and course she'd have to use alot more the people with shorter lengths....

Amoreofcurls,
I used the same amount as Chicoro posted. At the time I started this, I was APL. Her hair is much much longer than mine, but my hair is more dense than hers. I usually have just a tad bit extra Aloe Vera Juice when it's all complete. I don't mind pouring that over my head for a quick scalp massage either. :yep:

Thank you! I have the ingredients And I was not sure whether her book would be same ole same ole. Now I believe it's worth it. I have subscribed and bought the book, amazing!
If I recall correctly, there aren't any recipes in her book. Still, it's a great resource to have imo :yep:

orangepeel

I've been doing this as my pre-poo for a while and this weekend I noticed when I dipped my hair in the aloe/oil mixture the only thing left in the bowl was just aloe juice. :perplexed This has never happened.
1) Any clue why this would happen?
2) If it happens the next time should I a) add more oil to the aloe or b) switch to a different oil (I'm using alive right now)

HairBella08

How are relaxed or transitioning ladies liking this pre-poo? I tried it last week on my hair which is 10 weeks post (I'm not sure if I'm transitioning or stretching yet) and it was great. I think I could stretch or transition easily using this becasue my new growth is so soft and easy to handle - no breakage!

isioma85

Bumping! :bump:

I used this for the first time 2 weeks ago and used it again today. I'm happy to report it's a winner for my 4a/b hair :clap:

This pre poo gave me a DC feeling after shampooing, not the 'stripped' feeling I usually get. I normally shampoo then co-wash after taking my weave down, but with this I wasn't in a hurry to co-wash, my hair felt so good! :yep:

I'm about 10 weeks post and even my new growth feels very soft and manageable.

I used Trader Joe's 99% Aloe Vera Gel and my Vatika and regular Coconut Oil. Very inexpensive prepoo, I recommend it to any stretchers out there :up:

ETA A few tips : DO put the shampoo directly onto your prepoo in your hair before water. It will lather and get rid of build up better than if you rinse with water first :yep:

DO use warm water! The oil will congeal if you use anything below lukewarm and you'll end up with whitish blocks of solidified oil :crazy:

If you use a gel, you can have it in a tub and part and apply in sections with your fingers, the consistency holds a little better than the juice oil mix. Getting it to come out of a spray bottle did NOT work for me :nono:

HTH!

Last edited:

bride91501

I used this to pre-poo my sister's hair after she *finally* took down her weave after 5 months (don't get me started on that one). She hasn't had a relaxer in about 10 or 11 months, so combine about 4-5" of new growth with hair that had not seen water in 5 months and you have a matted mess :nono:

I applied the pre-poo and let it sit for about 2 hours under a plastic cap, and all her tangles literally melted. I swear- it was like magic- neither one of us could believe it! This pre-poo is definitely the truth.....

Aggie

I have not yet tried this prepoo. I will have to purchase some EVCO and give it a whirl. I want to stretch my texlaxer about 4 or 5 months this go round with the help of a weave so I know I will need something like this to help me get there.

Charla

I was just searching for a better way to pre-poo and I'm sure I found it with this. Can't wait to try next wash day. Thanks for all the tips about the spray bottle, applicator bottles, etc. My hair is waaay too short to be dipping in a bowl!!!

gvin89

Still using this pre-poo for me & my dd...works wonders. Generally use wheat germ & coconut oils. It's a great detangler as well...

F8THINHIM

I used this to pre-poo my sister's hair after she *finally* took down her weave after 5 months (don't get me started on that one). She hasn't had a relaxer in about 10 or 11 months, so combine about 4-5" of new growth with hair that had not seen water in 5 months and you have a matted mess :nono:

I applied the pre-poo and let it sit for about 2 hours under a plastic cap, and all her tangles literally melted. I swear- it was like magic- neither one of us could believe it! This pre-poo is definitely the truth.....

I wish I saw this last month! I came out of a three month weave and my hair matted and tangled so bad I lost all of my retention in clumps until I finally had to just cut it off.:blush::perplexed:ohwell::blush:
Back to the drawing board! :look:

naturalmanenyc

I have not used this pre-poo in a while (and I know it works well). I will try it again this weekend when I take down my crochet braids. They have been in since May 31.