You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

faithVA

After shampooing this out, do you still apply a moisturizing conditioner?

Chrismiss, I still condition, I actually deep condition afterwards. It really will depend on your hair. As you try it a few times you will learn if prepooing is for you, how often you want to do it, and if you feel like you need to still DC afterwards.

Try conditioning afterwards and see how you like it. And then make the adjustments based on how your hair feels.

Chrismiss

faithVA, thanks I will try both ways and see what works. I was thinking of maybe conditioning with a protein based conditioner following the shampoo, since the prepoo sounds so ultra moisturizing but that's the "reverse" order of conditioning. Thanks again.

Chrismiss

Tried it and loved the end result. Im relaxed with over 12 weeks of new growth and my hair, root to tip, feels soft, moisturized, not greasy at all. Will do again.

JudithO

Do you guys still DC after this prepoo? I plan to condition right after, but I'm wondering if a DC is necessary.

virtuenow

:yep:
Do you guys still DC after this prepoo? I plan to condition right after, but I'm wondering if a DC is necessary.

Yes! I actually let it penetrate a min or two, then throw my DC right on top of this (Aubrey Organics GPB). I put on a plastic cap and towel and leave in 15min for an ultra moisturizing experience:lick:. This is my weekly routine. Thanks OP again

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
:yep:

Yes! I actually let it penetrate a min or two, then throw my DC right on top of this (Aubrey Organics GPB). I put on a plastic cap and towel and leave in 15min for an ultra moisturizing experience:lick:. This is my weekly routine. Thanks OP again

Interesting - think imma have to try it this way. I am all for eliminating getting in & out of the shower.

virtuenow

Yes, I have absolutely no "in & out" time. I rinse & massage it out as my dc-cowash and do a quick oil rinse and I'm done. Doesn't get any better as far as moisture is concerned

bride91501

Just checking in to say that this is still a staple part of my reggie...7/8 months after I first tried it :yep:

I use this pre-poo overnight once/month when I take down my cornrows. And even though I use a clarifying poo in the am, my hair is so moisturized after my wash it's like I didn't shampoo at all.

This will definitely always be a permanent part of my reggie. Thanks Nasdaq_Diva & Chicoro !

Last edited:

faithVA

I haven't been updating because I revamped my regi. I no longer need to prepoo but after thinking about it, I am going to take the AVG/oil combo and put on my hair after washing and sit under my steamer for 15/20 minutes. I have heard the steamer works great with oil based products and I think this may be all the conditioning I need.

Don't know if I will be able to do it this weekend because I want to henna but will definitely be updating in the next few weeks.

Still oiling my scalp with my oil blend. Not scalp massaging as much as I like to because my hairs in twists. And I found out that I love the oil rinse but I need to pick and choose when I do it based on what style I want to wear.

Overall everyone of these (Hots, prepoos, oil rinses, scalp oiling and sealing) are winners for me.

Krystle~Hime

The first time I did it, I left a little too much aloe/oil in my hair too. That's why I had to go back and do that 3rd lather. I had already t-shirt dried my hair after the 2nd later, I squeezed my hair under the tshirt and it was oil run-off on the shirt. :sad:

So, once I did the 3rd poo I was feeling mighty fine!
Nasdaq_Diva

hey Nastaq, is it because you use a non sulfate shampoo? because usually sulfate shampoo leaves CLEAN OIL FREE hair. and usually I don't have to to 2 and do a 2nd lather round.

Bublin

I am trying this pre-poo for the first time. I have it in my hair right now and i'm to have it in overnight.

I haven't read the whole thread but application was MESSY. I sat at my kitchen table and was dipping my hair into bowls (my hair is only just past shoulder length stretched so i was splashing it all over the glass table trying to get it to my roots). My 2 year old even dragged herself away from Dora to see what in the world Mummy was doing!!!!

Next time I think i'll use a spray bottle for the avj/oil part .

faithVA

[USER=21506 said:
Bublin[/USER];14239313]I am trying this pre-poo for the first time. I have it in my hair right now and i'm to have it in overnight.

I haven't read the whole thread but application was MESSY. I sat at my kitchen table and was dipping my hair into bowls (my hair is only just past shoulder length stretched so i was splashing it all over the glass table trying to get it to my roots). My 2 year old even dragged herself away from Dora to see what in the world Mummy was doing!!!!

Next time I think i'll use a spray bottle for the avj/oil part .

If you are using AVJ and oil you don't need to leave it in overnight. 30 to 60 minutes tops. You can put on a plastic cap to hold some heat in. If you have a heat cap use that for some extra heat. That really should be enough.

Bublin

If you are using AVJ and oil you don't need to leave it in overnight. 30 to 60 minutes tops. You can put on a plastic cap to hold some heat in. If you have a heat cap use that for some extra heat. That really should be enough.

It wasn't really my intention to leave it in overnight. I have a 2 year dd who went to bed late so right now i can't be bothered with rinsing it out. I'll do it in the morning. I have had to put on a turbie towel and my durag ontop of the plastic cap as the oil was seeping down my neck - yuk - i felt like an oil slick.

Ms Kain

Check this out!

I get weekly emails from the woman who helped me transform my hair. Ms. Chicoro. A few weeks back she sent the following recipe. I didn't get around to applying it until now. I wish I hadn't waited so long. My hair is extremely moisturized! It's been about 5-6hrs since I first applied this and my hair is still super moist! I can't even begin to describe how awesome my hair feels. I dont think it's EVER felt this good..:yep:

I followed this recipe to the tee. I had a little extra aloe vera juice left over (im' APL) Just wanted to share!

eta: Sorry no pics..my cam phone sucks :sad:

I got her email back in August and the only thing I did differently was to put the ingredients in spray bottles and apply it that way. The reason was simply because trying to apply this with my hands seemed too messy.

The bad news is that you’ll have to clean the bottles out right after because they will get clogged and if you don’t use all of the Aloe Vera mixture then you’ll have to toss it out but otherwise this came out just right!

Ms Kain

Edit to my last post. Come to find out, you don't have to throw away the mixture when finished. I thought I would have to because it would lose it's potency but Chicoro just told me that I would just need to pour it into another container and save it in the refrigerator! So now this is just perfect! If you haven't already tried it, try it when you can. For me it was totally worth it!

Sent from my VZW iPhone (so please excuse any typos 'cause autocorrect is a bytch!!)

FtrDrO

Has anyone saved the avj/oil mixture in the fridge? I'm trying this right now and have a decent amount left over. I hate to waste...

edit: NVM I just read the above post. Great!!

Last edited:

Aggie

I justed printed out the first post and will be adding it to my hair binder. I don't want to have to search for it again. My hair is weaved now but as soon as I take this out, it's on with this prepoo:yep:.

JessieLeleB

I justed printed out the first post and will be adding it to my hair binder. I don't want to have to search for it again. My hair is weaved now but as soon as I take this out, it's on with this prepoo:yep:.

Hair Binder!!! that's a great Idea just my thought lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF