12 inches in 12 months - 2014

fancypants007

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

Thanks all you signees! It's nice to have support. Please keep us posted with any additional tips or suggestions that you think will help us meet our goal early. I started back using the Mane n Tail products. I remember there was someone here called SouthernGirl I think, and she raved about this product. I use the shampoo (even though it does have SLS, I dilute it with water), the conditioner, braid sheen spray (since braids is my protective style), and the detangler. Some people claim that it helps them retain length. Since this is my problem, I'm going to try it out. We want to keep what we grow. I also added caffeine powder to my shampoo and conditioner. Since I'm in braids, I do co-washes on Sat/Wed, but when I come out of the braids in a month, I will wash using shampoo. This is what I found out about caffeine powder:

"This growth treatment requires caffeine powder – you mix four teaspoons of it in eight ounces of shampoo. Basically, you can use this every day and you’ll see some serious growth. You can also mix the caffeine powder in a spray bottle with eight ounces of water, and spritz it on 10-15 minutes before showering. Don’t use this treatment more than once a day, and if you start getting headaches, you’re using too much shampoo or spritz.

Note: Use each time you shampoo but not more than once a day".

Did you notice the point - serious growth. I put 4 tsp in my shampoo and conditioner and I use it on the days I co-wash or shampoo. I ordered my caffeine powder from Amazon. I have other tips I will also share. If anyone else wants to share, please do so. Everyone, we will meet back here at the end of June to compare pics of our progress for 2 months. Wishing all of you the success we want to achieve.

alive

I REALLY want to join but i know i can't hang. :lol:
Good luck ladies!!

fancypants007

Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am so consistent with this challenge because I really want to try to get an 1inch a month. As soon as I get home I'm oiling my scalp with my sulfur mix and massaging it in. Then I spray my plaits/braids with my moisturising spray mix, put on my plastic cap and satin cap and I'm good to go. I was using NJoy's new hair growth oil, but everytime I used it I would have some kind of reaction. I stopped using it temporarily and starting using MTG. Yes i said it. I remember using this awhile ago and I got some serious growth from it. The smell doesn't bother me that much and in the morning the smell is gone. I use MTG but I mix it with Vitamin E oil and an Ayurvedic oil. It's the weirdest thing because MTG has sulfur too, but I have no reaction from it. I cleanse my scalp every AM using aloe vera gel and 4-5 drops of jojoba oil. My scalp feels refreshed and it helps keep the buildup at bay. I massage it in my scalp before styling my plaits. I do co-washes twice a week using my Mane n Tail conditioner mixed with caffeine powder. I think I'm hyped up because I never kept a hair journey before using pics. I have my starting pic and I will document where I am come June and will certainly post pics of my progress.

How is everyone's healthy eating coming along? I'm just incorporating a few major protein items in my diet such as Raw Wheat Germ, and eating salmon/tuna 2 or 3 times a week. I'm also incorporating more nuts in my diet. I'm trying to do better with my water intake, but right now I only get down about 51-54 oz. I will also post some unconventional tips that can help accelerate hair growth as well as some hair enhancing recipes. If you remember HairLady Robin Woods from Grow Afro Hair Long webiste. Well when she first started, she had a recipe book that I ordered. I don't believe you can get the recipe book now, but she has some very good recipes. One of them is for the wheat germ muffins. I will come back. Stay tuned!

faithVA

[USER said:
fancypants007;18335779[/USER]]Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am so consistent with this challenge because I really want to try to get an 1inch a month. As soon as I get home I'm oiling my scalp with my sulfur mix and massaging it in. Then I spray my plaits/braids with my moisturising spray mix, put on my plastic cap and satin cap and I'm good to go. I was using NJoy's new hair growth oil, but everytime I used it I would have some kind of reaction. I stopped using it temporarily and starting using MTG. Yes i said it. I remember using this awhile ago and I got some serious growth from it. The smell doesn't bother me that much and in the morning the smell is gone. I use MTG but I mix it with Vitamin E oil and an Ayurvedic oil. It's the weirdest thing because MTG has sulfur too, but I have no reaction from it. I cleanse my scalp every AM using aloe vera gel and 4-5 drops of jojoba oil. My scalp feels refreshed and it helps keep the buildup at bay. I massage it in my scalp before styling my plaits. I do co-washes twice a week using my Mane n Tail conditioner mixed with caffeine powder. I think I'm hyped up because I never kept a hair journey before using pics. I have my starting pic and I will document where I am come June and will certainly post pics of my progress.

How is everyone's healthy eating coming along? I'm just incorporating a few major protein items in my diet such as Raw Wheat Germ, and eating salmon/tuna 2 or 3 times a week. I'm also incorporating more nuts in my diet. I'm trying to do better with my water intake, but right now I only get down about 51-54 oz. I will also post some unconventional tips that can help accelerate hair growth as well as some hair enhancing recipes. If you remember HairLady Robin Woods from Grow Afro Hair Long webiste. Well when she first started, she had a recipe book that I ordered. I don't believe you can get the recipe book now, but she has some very good recipes. One of them is for the wheat germ muffins. I will come back. Stay tuned!

If you ever feel up to it try diluting NJoy's oil with a little bit of another oil; try 3 parts NJoy's oil and 1 part of another oil. It may eliminate the reaction. I did this last week and have been able to use it. I won't be able to answer whether it hinders the effectiveness though until the end of the month after I have used it for a while.

faithVA

I oiled my scalp with diluted NJoy's growth oil on Sunday and Tuesday. I need to improve my process though. Tonight I will oil my crown and edges and baggy. I won't be doing much massaging since my hair is in flat twists.

I need to improve my vitamin and exercise habit. I need to improve all of my habits :nono:

ProductJunkie

I'm in! I'll take pics this weekend! I just chopped my hair off a month ago =(

SincerelyBeautiful

Im doing well with my vitamins, cowashing, moisturizing & sealing, satin bonnet, protective styling, stretching my relaxers, and deep conditioning regularly. I also added rosewater to my regimen with added oils that i use for my new growth to keep her happy :)

However..i do need improvement on my diet, exercise, and baggying practices. I also need to up my water intake and scalp massages. May also try the inversion method.

Current Length: Neck Length/gsl
Goal: if I get 12 inches I would be grazing mid-back length which would be my goal
Starting Pic: in my profile album but it is a wet shot. I will post a dry shot when I get a chance.

I think I am well on my way. I gained an inch in March. I am currently in a sew-in which was done 2 weeks ago. My base is lifting from growth and my leave out has grown an inch in the past 2 weeks. My challenge will be when the cold weather returns.

fancypants007

If you ever feel up to it try diluting NJoy's oil with a little bit of another oil; try 3 parts NJoy's oil and 1 part of another oil. It may eliminate the reaction. I did this last week and have been able to use it. I won't be able to answer whether it hinders the effectiveness though until the end of the month after I have used it for a while.

Thanks for the tip because I ordered 2 bottles. I'm loving Vitamin E oil and they say its moisturising and it helps the blood to circulate. I think I will take your suggestion and mix with Vitamin E oil. Thxs

fancypants007

I oiled my scalp with diluted NJoy's growth oil on Sunday and Tuesday. I need to improve my process though. Tonight I will oil my crown and edges and baggy. I won't be doing much massaging since my hair is in flat twists.

I need to improve my vitamin and exercise habit. I need to improve all of my habits :nono:

Stay motivated! It doesn't seem like it's an impossibility to get 1 inch a month but we need to stay consistent. I know NJoy got 9-10 inches in 1 year and if I got that I would be satisified but I know her results did not come about my chance. She worked hard and it paid off. This is the encouragement that I'm sending out, let's stay consistent because in April 2014 I want to see some serious hair growth.

fancypants007

Im doing well with my vitamins, cowashing, moisturizing & sealing, satin bonnet, protective styling, stretching my relaxers, and deep conditioning regularly. I also added rosewater to my regimen with added oils that i use for my new growth to keep her happy :)

However..i do need improvement on my diet, exercise, and baggying practices. I also need to up my water intake and scalp massages. May also try the inversion method.

"Aplaude........" Very good! Do tell about your rosewater concoction with oils. I was thinking about adding some rosewater to my moisturising spray. Do you buy your rosewater at the Indian store? It's funny you mention inversion methods because this is one of the unconventional tips I want to share. I started doing headstands for 5 minutes everyday. I have a BodyLift that I ordered a number of years ago and it works very well. I keep forgetting to bring the notes I found about how this method can accelerate hair growth. I will try to remember tomorrow and post it. Keep up the good work!

fancypants007

Current Length: Neck Length/gsl
Goal: if I get 12 inches I would be grazing mid-back length which would be my goal
Starting Pic: in my profile album but it is a wet shot. I will post a dry shot when I get a chance.

I think I am well on my way. I gained an inch in March. I am currently in a sew-in which was done 2 weeks ago. My base is lifting from growth and my leave out has grown an inch in the past 2 weeks. My challenge will be when the cold weather returns.

Congratulations! Now that is what I'm talking about. Between the scalp massages, exercise and heathy eating habits, we can achieve this goal of 1 inch a month. It's nice to be concerned about what will happen when cold weather returns, but don't worry. You will cross that bridge when you come to in. Just stay focused and keep doing what you're doing. Well done!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am so consistent with this challenge because I really want to try to get an 1inch a month. As soon as I get home I'm oiling my scalp with my sulfur mix and massaging it in. Then I spray my plaits/braids with my moisturising spray mix, put on my plastic cap and satin cap and I'm good to go. I was using NJoy's new hair growth oil, but everytime I used it I would have some kind of reaction. I stopped using it temporarily and starting using MTG. Yes i said it. I remember using this awhile ago and I got some serious growth from it. The smell doesn't bother me that much and in the morning the smell is gone. I use MTG but I mix it with Vitamin E oil and an Ayurvedic oil. It's the weirdest thing because MTG has sulfur too, but I have no reaction from it. I cleanse my scalp every AM using aloe vera gel and 4-5 drops of jojoba oil. My scalp feels refreshed and it helps keep the buildup at bay. I massage it in my scalp before styling my plaits. I do co-washes twice a week using my Mane n Tail conditioner mixed with caffeine powder. I think I'm hyped up because I never kept a hair journey before using pics. I have my starting pic and I will document where I am come June and will certainly post pics of my progress.

fancypants007 Been consistent with my regimen: moisturising, DCing, PSing, oiling with castor oil... I'm adding in a rinse or co-wash mid-week because of my work-outs.

I had to clean up my diet and increase my exercise to help with other health issues. I'm working out 6x a week now. I do need to drink more water though. I'm taking cod liver oil and flaxseed oil capsules. So all this should help me to grow and retain some inches!

fancypants007

fancypants007 Been consistent with my regimen: moisturising, DCing, PSing, oiling with castor oil... I'm adding in a rinse or co-wash mid-week because of my work-outs.

I had to clean up my diet and increase my exercise to help with other health issues. I'm working out 6x a week now. I do need to drink more water though. I'm taking cod liver oil and flaxseed oil capsules. So all this should help me to grow and retain some inches!

I'm happy to hear about your consistent efforts. Keep it up! I also was thinking about buying some cod liver oil. I hear it's suppose to be very good for you and contributes to overall health. Next time I'm at Walmart I will pick up some. What brand do you use?

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

I'm happy to hear about your consistent efforts. Keep it up! I also was thinking about buying some cod liver oil. I hear it's suppose to be very good for you and contributes to overall health. Next time I'm at Walmart I will pick up some. What brand do you use?

I use Seven Seas. Been using that since I was a child.

SincerelyBeautiful

"Aplaude........" Very good! Do tell about your rosewater concoction with oils. I was thinking about adding some rosewater to my moisturising spray. Do you buy your rosewater at the Indian store? It's funny you mention inversion methods because this is one of the unconventional tips I want to share. I started doing headstands for 5 minutes everyday. I have a BodyLift that I ordered a number of years ago and it works very well. I keep forgetting to bring the notes I found about how this method can accelerate hair growth. I will try to remember tomorrow and post it. Keep up the good work!

I make my own rosewater..my grandma has a rose bush so. Grabbed a couple roses and put them in a pot with some distilled water. Let it simmer for about 10-15min. Drained and let cool. I then put my rosewater into my old clean s-curl bottle and added some wild growth light oil and some regular wild growth oil...just a few drops will do. I shook up the mix and applied to my NG. Boy oh boy was my NG happy!!!! I will surely be keeping this in my regimen.

fancypants007

I make my own rosewater..my grandma has a rose bush so. Grabbed a couple roses and put them in a pot with some distilled water. Let it simmer for about 10-15min. Drained and let cool. I then put my rosewater into my old clean s-curl bottle and added some wild growth light oil and some regular wild growth oil...just a few drops will do. I shook up the mix and applied to my NG. Boy oh boy was my NG happy!!!! I will surely be keeping this in my regimen.

Now that really sounds interesting! I trust the Heritage brand of rosewater, maybe I purchase some and add to my moisturising mix to see what it does. I understand rosewater is very moisturising and makes the hair soft. Thanks for sharing.

fancypants007

What multi-vitamin and/or hair vitamin is everyone taking? I can't take the hair and skin combination because it upsets my stomach. Right now I'm taking Trader Joe's Prenatal and its OK, but I'm shopping for something else. Do you think the Hairfinity brand is worthy to consider even though it's expensive?

SincerelyBeautiful

What multi-vitamin and/or hair vitamin is everyone taking? I can't take the hair and skin combination because it upsets my stomach. Right now I'm taking Trader Joe's Prenatal and its OK, but I'm shopping for something else. Do you think the Hairfinity brand is worthy to consider even though it's expensive?

I take Hairfinity. Started taking it at the beginning of my HJ for about 7 months with great results then stopped due to fund issues. Now im back taking Hairfinity and im on bottle 3. I love this supplement. It makes my hair really healthy and my new growth is outta control. Im 9 weeks post and my NG feels as if it is 16 weeks post already. I am going to keep purchasing until i reach the 1 yr mark of Hairfinity. After a year i will assess my results and see if i will continue or not.

fancypants007

I take Hairfinity. Started taking it at the beginning of my HJ for about 7 months with great results then stopped due to fund issues. Now im back taking Hairfinity and im on bottle 3. I love this supplement. It makes my hair really healthy and my new growth is outta control. Im 9 weeks post and my NG feels as if it is 16 weeks post already. I am going to keep purchasing until i reach the 1 yr mark of Hairfinity. After a year i will assess my results and see if i will continue or not.

Thanks for responding. It's a toss between Hairfinity and Treasured Locks. I found another brand that I believe was just launched called African Accel which is specifically for african american women. Anyone else heard of this? http://africanhairaccel.com/

fancypants007

I wanted to remind everyone, don't forget those trims. I use my Splitender at least once a month and since I'm in plaits and will only wash my hair once a month this works great. I started cutting my hair according to this schedule. http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calendar/best-days/
My next trim is scheduled for May 15th. I also wanted to share something I started doing to stimulate growth. When I come out of braids I detangle my hair using coconut oil which I leave on overnight, but 30 minutes before washing I apply this treatment to my scalp. I'm scared to do it while I'm in braids because I don't want any of the particles of cayenne pepper to get stuck in my hair. If you don't have braids, perhaps it's something you can add to your regime. It helps open up hair follicles to stimulate growth. Apply all over scalp and massage in. You will feel the tingle. Here is the recipe:

"Mix one 12-ounce bottle of apple-cider-vinegar with three tablespoons of cayenne pepper (capsicum). If using other than condiment style cayenne pepper, like the capsules, then beware of the heat units contained. Cayenne supplements are offered in 40,000 to 200,000 heat units. Use the same three tablespoons worth if the cayenne capsules read 40,000 heat units on the label. If using 100,000 heat units capsicum, then reduce the amount of cayenne to the mixture by one half. If using 200,000 heat units, reduce the amount by a quarter. The amount of ginger to add (optional) can be from one tablespoon or more of ginger powder. Ginger will add to the tingling sensation and help reduce the heat from the capsicum while aiding circulation".

fancypants007

Still bumping for anymore tips/suggestions on the kind of multivitamin or hair vitamin everyone is using. Does anyone have other tips/suggestions that you do that can help/benefit us all? I will start making my wheat germ muffins that I will eat at least 5 days a week. I will post the recipe next week.

My scalp can be problematic and I focus mainly on that. Healthy scalp = good start. I am in a sew in so I pamper my leave out with coconut oil often and lisa akbari moisture plus

fancypants007

I take one a day women. I am considering hairfinity or mineral rich. I also take a garlic pill. I recently started drinking green goodness by boat house

I purchased Mineral Rich but I have not been consistent with taking it. It looks like I'm leaning towards Hairfinity. I use to take them awhile ago, but the multivitamin also sounds good. I think thats one reason while I continued to take the prenatal because it was an overall good vitamin. I will be patient and wait to hear from others before I make my final decision.

fancypants007

My scalp can be problematic and I focus mainly on that. Healthy scalp = good start. I am in a sew in so I pamper my leave out with coconut oil often and lisa akbari moisture plus

You know your hair better than anyone. I don't have that problem, but I can imagine how stressful that can be. I remember one poster here many moons ago, her name I believe was Adrienne0914 and she had a problematic scalp, but I loved her hair. It was so thick and she grew it to waist length. Here is a link that displays pics of Adrienne's hair journey if you're interested in looking at her progress. http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/1206826
Stay encouraged - keep eyes focus on goal.

Thanks, I enjoyed going through her pics. For me it is more annoying than stressful. I am very optimistic. I have had some improvement with my scalp, I am hoping that once I incorporate a sulfur mixture my scalp issues will cease.

PennyK

Still bumping for anymore tips/suggestions on the kind of multivitamin or hair vitamin everyone is using. Does anyone have other tips/suggestions that you do that can help/benefit us all? I will start making my wheat germ muffins that I will eat at least 5 days a week. I will post the recipe next week.

The multivitamin I'm taking is the Vitafusion brand Gummy vitamins :lick:. I take biotin for my hair, skin, & nails and I'm happy with the results I've experienced. I grew and retained a lot of hair from my personal challenge (even though I was slacking off toward the end), but I've already started incorporating the new techniques mentioned earlier for this challenge :yep:

Hoping to reach my goal by August if I stay consistent