2010 HYH Challenge Reveal!...Come on in! :-)

Ms_CoCo37

Well Ladies,

The our big day is finally here!:grin: After six months of hiding behind buns, twists, braids, weaves, rollersets, wash n' gos, phony ponies, and yes wigs, it's time to let your hair swang!:rocker:

Whether you've retained length, thickness, or your hair is healthier than it's ever been, let's celebrate the fruitage of all of our hard labor.

Don't forget to post your starting picture (you can click on the starting pix thread below if you need a reminder):

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha.../487828-2010-hyh-challenge-starting-pics.html

See you in the 2011 HYH Challenge!:grin:

Ms_CoCo37

Back later to post pix. Off to wash the henna out!

Update: Okay FINALLY! Here are my contributions:

June starting pics (stretched):

Unstretched:

June (unstretched close-up):

December (stretched):

December (unstretched):

Overall, I suffered a couple of setbacks due to pure laziness, but I am happy to see some progress! I've actually made it past the bottom of my bra strap, so that makes me quite happy. On the next challenge, I plan to focus on my ends, and detangling. Because those are my weak areas.

Upward and onward...or should I say downward and onward? :grin:

Last edited:

ojemba

Here are my pics. I started my HHJ in June after my relaxer. My PS's consisted of extension braids and wigs when I wasn't in braids. I relaxed on Dex 22 at 26 weeks. I got a good trim and voila. I'm happy with my texture and body.

July 2010

Dec 2010

Janet'

Yayyy!!!! The day is here!!!!! :Flahsssss: :Flahsssss: :Flahsssss: Lights, Camera, Action!!! I'll be back later to post my reveal pics...

winona

1st pic is April
2nd pic is June
3rd pic is December (gained 4 inches from April; gained 1 1/2 inches from June)

Next year I am trying to get at east 6 inches of growth:)

Attachments

• April 2010.jpg
    April 2010.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Jun 2010.jpg
    Jun 2010.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Dec 2010.jpg
    Dec 2010.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 192

NikkiQ

Okay here goes

1st pic is in June when I started my journey
2nd pic is of my hair after freshly being flat ironed
3rd pic is the comparison of 10 weeks post vs 35 weeks post after humidity took hold of my hair :lachen:

Attachments

• 7 weeks.JPG
    7 weeks.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 10 weeks vs 35 weeks.jpg
    10 weeks vs 35 weeks.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 232

afrochique

June 2010 (last relaxer) vs mid Dec 2010 (26 wks post)

Attachments

• hair journey 187.jpg
    hair journey 187.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 181
  • hair journey 326.jpg
    hair journey 326.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

D.Lisha

*lurking*
You ladies are looking good up in here :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

Krystle~Hime

1st pic is April
2nd pic is June
3rd pic is December (gained 4 inches from April; gained 1 1/2 inches from June)

Next year I am trying to get at east 6 inches of growth:)

at April you are at "2", at June you are at 5 !!!
isn't that awesome ?????

:drunk:

winona

at April you are at "2", at June you are at 5 !!!
isn't that awesome ?????

:drunk:

It is great. I was actually a little depressed that I didnt get as much growth as I wanted but after looking at my pics I guess I did okay for my first year. I cant wait until 2011 to see all the progress everyone makes:grin:

DRJones

My goal for this challenge was not for hair growth (Although I did gain some length :grin:) but to improve the health of my hair. In the first picture you can see how horrible my strands were, and in the middle my hair was see through and way shorter than the left and right side. In the second picture you can see that my hair is filling in nicely and the health has improved tremendously. I will do another health/length check in June, and then in December 2011 I will assess my hair, trim and even out what needs polishing.

Pic 1: June (Messed up SL hair) Pic 2: December (Nearing Healthy APL)

Last edited:

nisha98

I won't be as impressive as the others but I believe I made some progress. The first picture is from late January/early February, the second was from late July, the third is from today, the fourth is from late July, and the fifth is from today. I plan to straighten within the next week so the next reveal will be easier to see the difference.

PureSilver

Yayyy!!!! The day is here!!!!! :Flahsssss: :Flahsssss: :Flahsssss: Lights, Camera, Action!!! I'll be back later to post my reveal pics...

Girl i'm waiting on ur pics.....been looking in every thread u post in for a small glimpse of that beautiful hair u have.

Rossy2010

Great Job, my pics are on my siggy :). I had to mini chop my hair in October so i count it as my official HHJ date
first pic 8th Oct
Second pic 26th dec

peachfuzzz

Here is my hair progress:

This was my beginning:

The first three are from yesterday:

I'm still afraid to straighten or blow out my hair. The final pics were the results of air drying in plaits and combing. Sorry for the mean face!!

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Okay, I've added my contributions to the thread (2nd post). Sorry so late! :)

Now off to drool over the other reveal posts!

Last edited:

ms.blue

Here is my starting pic:

I flatironed my hair in early November b/c I knew I will have another weave install by the end of this challenge:

Ms_CoCo37

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: You are SO MBL!!!!!! Wonderful!!!! :dance7: :dance7: :band: :band2:

Thanks Janet'! You know I'm suffering from hairnorexia. I know I'm past my bras strap, but I feel like it should be a little longer before I claim MBL. Go figure.:ohwell:

I'm excited to see your hair! :grin: When are you revealing?