2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

NikkiQ

Okay I've decided to go get my ends trimmed. I'm totally feeling bummed about my hair so I need to start fresh. Fresh reggie, fresh products, fresh cut.

JJamiah

I love freshly trimmed ends. Seems like if you feel like nothing is happening some fresh trimmed ends get you moving :)

Just don't over do it! LOL

Good Luck ladies for this awesome challenge :)

Ms_CoCo37

It looks like you did a great job! I like it!:yep:

Ok remember I said I have a sew-in? well I did it myself and this time I'm determined to keep it in. I feel like everyone can see my tracks though. next time, I'm letting a professional do it. Here are the pics though. Hoping to keep this in unil the first week of Feb. (don't mind the faces, I was making love to the camera and showing out with my sister:lol:)

Ms_CoCo37

Okay I've decided to go get my ends trimmed. I'm totally feeling bummed about my hair so I need to start fresh. Fresh reggie, fresh products, fresh cut.

Nik, when are you planning on trimming? I think I'm going to need to do the same thing.

NikkiQ

^^^In the next few days. Gonna call and schedule an appointment today while my hair is still flat ironed. I don't trust anyone dealing with my 2 textures.

one of my challenge buddies is trying to get me to join the bootcamp challenge. negative. I don't have enough space in my siggy for another challenge :lachen:

NikkiQ

I'm heatphobic lol. I won't be using any really for the next 6 months. I barely use the blow dryer anymore. Only when I get braids done and even then I don't use it much. I let my hair dry about 90% of the way then blow dry on a low setting the rest of the way.

JJamiah

MsCoco are you still using your NuGro :) I am!

I am totally dragging my feet with my hair today.

Going to give myself an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment
Steam with Alter Ego
then sit with my silk elements for about 3 hours :)

Next week I will just use Steam with Aphogee 2 minute; then condition again for 3 hours before getting my hair braided.

Rossy2010

You know I'm scared to lose any length so I'm not gonna get too much taking off lol

I know what you mean Nikki, I felt the same way when JJamiah told me to trim my ends. However from that time I have noticed significant growth etc. I went from SL to NL/ear lenght but it was worth it. My hair is more healthy and fuller.

NikkiQ

Your progress was AWESOME Rossy! Couldn't be prouder of you girl. I hope I don't need much cut off, but whatever it takes is what needs to be done.

Ms_Twana

Wow. I just realized this challenge ends in two days. LOL. CLEARLY I've been M.I.A. Okay, well I used another pass and I've been planning to flat iron again this week. Hasn't happened yet. LOL. Maybe I really will tomorrow. Then I'll take photos.

ojemba

I am totally dragging my feet with my hair today.

Going to give myself an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment
Steam with Alter Ego
then sit with my silk elements for about 3 hours :)

Next week I will just use Steam with Aphogee 2 minute; then condition again for 3 hours before getting my hair braided.

JJamaih does the nugro work
Well for you? Do you only use it on braided hair?

Rossy2010

Your progress was AWESOME Rossy! Couldn't be prouder of you girl. I hope I don't need much cut off, but whatever it takes is what needs to be done.

Thank you Nikki!!! I saw your progress pics and your ends are not so bad like i say you made progress and thats what we always want to hear or see PROGRESS. My ends were horrible :blush::blush: pic below. Personally I dont think you will need to trim so much but just take the advice from those who know better. Im only six month old to my HHJ and it took me 4 months to know what is right for my hair.

Ms_CoCo37

Less than 24 hours ladies! :grin: I'm debating on whether or not I want to set up the reveal thread right at midnight or if I should do it in the morning.

Right now, I'm sitting under my steamer with Lush Caca Noir henna on my head. I'm going to sit under here for an hour and then I'll air dry, tie it up and go to bed. I'm too lazy to wash it out tonight, so I'll wash it out in the morning with my Hair One Argan Oil cleanser. Then I'm going to apply Cream of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment and get under the steamer again. After I rinse that out I'll do a roller set and flat iron.

My reveal probably won't be until the evening hours...sheesh!:ohwell:

I can't wait to see all of your reveals!!!:lick:

Ms_CoCo37

I know what you mean Nikki, I felt the same way when JJamiah told me to trim my ends. However from that time I have noticed significant growth etc. I went from SL to NL/ear lenght but it was worth it. My hair is more healthy and fuller.

I've noticed that my hair grows fastest when I trim.

Wow. I just realized this challenge ends in two days. LOL. CLEARLY I've been M.I.A. Okay, well I used another pass and I've been planning to flat iron again this week. Hasn't happened yet. LOL. Maybe I really will tomorrow. Then I'll take photos.

Did you get around to straight ironing yet? I'm dreading the process I'm going to go through tomorrow.

I haven't used it in a while, but yes, I still have my stash. I'll probably use it more when I wear my twists.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm heatphobic lol. I won't be using any really for the next 6 months. I barely use the blow dryer anymore. Only when I get braids done and even then I don't use it much. I let my hair dry about 90% of the way then blow dry on a low setting the rest of the way.
I'm so heatphobic I didn't want the salon using heat for my reveal pic but I gave in. lol. :lachen:

ojemba

Here are my pics. I started my HHJ in June after my relaxer. My PS's consisted of extension braids and wigs when I wasn't in braids. I relaxed on Dex 22 at 26 weeks. I got a good trim and voila. I'm happy with my texture and body.

July 2010

Dec 2010

JJamiah

I blow dry every time I wash; first I go under the hooded dryer to dry about 95% then I just finish it up with the hand held to straighten :)

JJamaih does the nugro work
Well for you? Do you only use it on braided hair?

I use it mostly on my braided hair. But I do spray my hands and apply it to my loose hair sometimes. Atleast once a week not daily :) that would be to much for my thin mane.

Thank you Nikki!!! I saw your progress pics and your ends are not so bad like i say you made progress and thats what we always want to hear or see PROGRESS. My ends were horrible :blush::blush: pic below. Personally I dont think you will need to trim so much but just take the advice from those who know better. Im only six month old to my HHJ and it took me 4 months to know what is right for my hair.

With that said Rossy your regimen is a winner hands down. YOu knew exactly what, when, where and how. Now it is just being consistant, keeping healthy ends and patience :)

I believe I will see a big change in a few months because these two/3 months you have had some great growth.

I look forward to 2011 :)

debbiedee

Ok...so, I said i'd do the challenge. But there was a huge setback. :perplexed Here goes...so off I went to university in september. WooHoo!!!

For the first time living independently. This resulted in consumption of a highly UNBALANCED diet, lack of care for my hair (I had the same sew-in from september to december), no daily moisturizing.

School life left me constantly stressed sooooo I wasn't suprised when I took off my sew-in after 4 months. I detangled my hair and in the process of washing and combing, balls of it literally came out. I nearly cried. My front hair is half gone...I think my hair line danced backwards. My once-full hair was soo thin and frail.

I am now nursing it back to health! Learn from this ladies!!

Before:

After:

Ms_CoCo37

Ok...so, I said i'd do the challenge. But there was a huge setback. :perplexed Here goes...so off I went to university in september. WooHoo!!!

For the first time living independently. This resulted in consumption of a highly UNBALANCED diet, lack of care for my hair (I had the same sew-in from september to december), no daily moisturizing.

School life left me constantly stressed sooooo I wasn't suprised when I took off my sew-in after 4 months. I detangled my hair and in the process of washing and combing, balls of it literally came out. I nearly cried. My front hair is half gone...I think my hair line danced backwards. My once-full hair was soo thin and frail.

I am now nursing it back to health! Learn from this ladies!!

Before:

After:

Awww, I'm so sorry you suffered this setback. At least you know what not to do the next time around. To me, your hair is still gorgeous.:yep: Just focus on babying it and nursing it back to health. And don't keep a sew-in for such a long period of time.