2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

NikkiQ

^^^Absolutely!!! I think Ms CoCo might make a thread for reveals closer to the ending date but we love an early reveal :yep:

GeauXavi

Ok...here is my reveal!!!!!

First pic is from 7/29... a few days after my BC... and the second pic is from the 1st week in Dec. I didn't like the shape (I had a tail/mullet) so I cut about 2 inches:blush: from the back. The last pic is what I was left with. I still have a lot of length in the front and on the sides. I'm really happy about my progress, and I'm done with the twa stage! I'll be back with curly pics:)

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-07-29 at 23.30 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-29 at 23.30 #3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 21
  • x2_3a0340c.jpg
    x2_3a0340c.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 20
  • x2_3a04c6a.jpg
    x2_3a04c6a.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

GeauXavi

Oh... I also wanted to add... since I wasn't very active in the thread :-/

I had a sew-in from Aug-Sept... and wore flat twists under half wigs until Oct. from Oct. to now, I've been flat twisting with a phony-pony after my wash or cowash and wearing the twist-out for 2 days, then repeat.

Janet'

Divachyk: Your hair has definitely progressed...I can't tell for sure about the length (BSL)...but it definitely looks like you are BSB (Below Shoulder Blade)...Either way :congrats: :congrats: and they did a great job!

Lita

First pic is from 7/29... a few days after my BC... and the second pic is from the 1st week in Dec. I didn't like the shape (I had a tail/mullet) so I cut about 2 inches:blush: from the back. The last pic is what I was left with. I still have a lot of length in the front and on the sides. I'm really happy about my progress, and I'm done with the twa stage! I'll be back with curly pics:)

Loving your thick mane...Great Progress!

Happy Hair Growing!

Ms_CoCo37

I sure hope my reveal isn't a big orgasmic let down and I'm just totally psyching myself up about this amazing reveal I'll have lol

Nik! I've missed seeing your posts this week.:grin:

I have a feeling your reveal is going to be a great one. I mean, you've already reached one of your goals, right?:yep:

Ms_CoCo37

Just being nosy :curtain:

I want to see some reveals ....

I was the same way when I stumbled across my first challenge.:grin:

I can't wait until the 31st!

It'll be here in the blink of an eye!

Hey girls! I'm home from the salon. Nicely flat ironed. I didn't realize my hair had grown this much since I keep it packed down to my head with wearing a bun. The stylist was even shocked at how long my hair really is in comparison to the size of my bun. Buns are very misleading. Should I reveal now or wait? You girls decide. :drunk:

I won't be flat ironing again for a while and I'm due for TU until next year since I'm stretching.

Alright ladies! Here's goes.....

ETA: I'm 8 weeks post.

This piki strip tracked my HYH progress. I know these 3 photos are not with the same shirt, hair style and from the exact same angle, etc but you can see some growth over time throughout the HYH challenge. The piki strip for Dec 2010 is my reveal pic and will be used as my beginning pics for HYH 2011.

Here's the actual, larger photo.

So what length is this???

:spank::spank::spank: Now you know the rules! You were supposed to hold off on all reveals until the 31st!

With that said, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous!

Now hide these pix until the 31st. BTW, Twana did the same thing to me when I revealed a few days early.:lachen::look::spank:

Ms_CoCo37

I neglect to log on for one day and ya'll just wile out!!!!!! Take these reveal pix down! :spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:

Now with that said, I'm loving all of this progress!:grin:

We're almost in the home stretch ladies! I can't wait to start the reveal thread. :yay:

Ms_CoCo37

It looks so thick and lush! Yep, I'd definitely say your well past the TWA stage.:yep:

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
Hey Ladies, I have been slacking on checking in, I have been bunning my hair for the last two weeks b/c it has been to cold to do anything else. I do rollerset it on the weekends but by monday I am ready to hide it, lol. I found some cute bobby pins on sale at walgreens this week so I have been using them to french roll/bun my hair.

JJamiah

Alright ladies! Here's goes.....

ETA: I'm 8 weeks post.

This piki strip tracked my HYH progress. I know these 3 photos are not with the same shirt, hair style and from the exact same angle, etc but you can see some growth over time throughout the HYH challenge. The piki strip for Dec 2010 is my reveal pic and will be used as my beginning pics for HYH 2011.

Here's the actual, larger photo.

So what length is this???

:congrats: Ladies I am loving both of your reveals, :yep:

You Grow Ladies ;) :grin:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I neglect to log on for one day and ya'll just wile out!!!!!! Take these reveal pix down! :spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:

Now with that said, I'm loving all of this progress!:grin:

We're almost in the home stretch ladies! I can't wait to start the reveal thread. :yay:
Whoops my bad....I will gladly post them wherever else!! I'm still grinning from ear to ear re: my progress. I still have a long way to go but I'm proud of the road traveled thus far.

divachyk

I was the same way when I stumbled across my first challenge.:grin:

It'll be here in the blink of an eye!

:spank::spank::spank: Now you know the rules! You were supposed to hold off on all reveals until the 31st!

With that said, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous!

Now hide these pix until the 31st. BTW, Twana did the same thing to me when I revealed a few days early.:lachen::look::spank:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Ooooh, I'm in trouble.

Last edited:

danigurl18

Since I'm up so late, I picked out all of my progress pics for the reveal except the last one that I haven't taken yet lol

Janet'

Ladies...when I tell you that my kitchentician is coming over today or tomorrow to braid my front up so I can leave it alone for the last 12 days...my fingers are over here itching to straighten...but I am giving myself till Dec 31 11:59 to get every millimeter of growth coming to me :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

godzchildtoo

Hi Ladies! Well...I have been hiding because I went and got my hair blow dried for Thanksgiving and it was swinging a little down my back. I wish I had my length check t-shirt with me. But...I had a lot of breakage in the middle of my head and many, many, many, many different lengths. :perplexed So the stylist wound up cutting off all my length to blend it. :cry3:She cut off about 6 inches and told me to stop wearing the dang ponytail! She said that's what's breaking it off. But she said it looks like I have about 8 inches of new growth!:bouncegre And she said if I get 2 more trims, I will probably be all natural (been transitioning since February). So...I'm not looking forward to the reveal because now I'm neck length again. :dazed: But at least I know I can grow and I see my texture coming in. So I'm still grateful for the challenge, but I am not looking forward to reveal pictures. Oh well, I get my hair done and my next trim on December 30th. See ya then.

divachyk

Since I'm up so late, I picked out all of my progress pics for the reveal except the last one that I haven't taken yet lol
I admire that you've waited. I got so excited I just had to post but I wish I would have some to reveal on 31 Dec. I may post a pic of my wigs I bought for the sake of having something to post.

Ladies...when I tell you that my kitchentician is coming over today or tomorrow to braid my front up so I can leave it alone for the last 12 days...my fingers are over here itching to straighten...but I am giving myself till Dec 31 11:59 to get every millimeter of growth coming to me :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
You get that growth, guuuuryal.:grin:

Hi Ladies! Well...I have been hiding because I went and got my hair blow dried for Thanksgiving and it was swinging a little down my back. I wish I had my length check t-shirt with me. But...I had a lot of breakage in the middle of my head and many, many, many, many different lengths. :perplexed So the stylist wound up cutting off all my length to blend it. :cry3:She cut off about 6 inches and told me to stop wearing the dang ponytail! She said that's what's breaking it off. But she said it looks like I have about 8 inches of new growth!:bouncegre And she said if I get 2 more trims, I will probably be all natural (been transitioning since February). So...I'm not looking forward to the reveal because now I'm neck length again. :dazed: But at least I know I can grow and I see my texture coming in. So I'm still grateful for the challenge, but I am not looking forward to reveal pictures. Oh well, I get my hair done and my next trim on December 30th. See ya then.

Sorry to hear this. How do you ponytail your hair? I use a cut up stocking and I saturate it with conditioner before ponytailing my hair. I also moisturize/seal once, most times twice daily. I was ponytailing a lot when I first started hiding my hair. I then purchase some clips for my hair and started pinning my hair up to vary my hairstyles.

These clips don't snag. I also have other clips that I use that look different than these but the croco clips are the best. I purcahsed them from Sally's.

afrochique

Hi ladies,
I will be getting braids next week so here's my end year update. Trying to avoid heat, so it is only showing a small flat-ironed section.
I'm not the best self pic taker but here goes:

Back: June 2010 vs Dec 2010 and Front: (I think Aug) vs Dec.
HHG!

Attachments

• hair journey 187.jpg
    hair journey 187.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 14
  • hair journey 326.jpg
    hair journey 326.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
  • hair journey 267.jpg
    hair journey 267.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
  • hair journey 325.jpg
    hair journey 325.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

godzchildtoo

Thanks for the ponytailing tips. I think I was just pulling it too tight and keeping it in the same place too much. But I'm going to try the conditioner on the stocking; I was using the ouchless scunci's. I'm going to get the clips today. Lord help me with trying new styles with this short hair in the back.

divachyk

Thanks for the ponytailing tips. I think I was just pulling it too tight and keeping it in the same place too much. But I'm going to try the conditioner on the stocking; I was using the ouchless scunci's. I'm going to get the clips today. Lord help me with trying new styles with this short hair in the back.
You will be just fine...promise. I have some shorter hairs in the nape and I either pin them down or use headbands (I also slather the headbands in conditioner before putting them on).

Not sure if I previously mentioned how I protective style with the croco clips but I twist my hair in what looks like a french roll hair style and then secure it with the clip. (the clip enters my hair vertically in order to secure the french rolled style). I also use the clips for the southern tease bun.

danigurl18

I'm doing my reveal in about an hour. I forgot I have to straighten my hair tonight and I won't be redoing it again before the new year.