2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

Ms_CoCo37

Hi Ladies! Well...I have been hiding because I went and got my hair blow dried for Thanksgiving and it was swinging a little down my back. I wish I had my length check t-shirt with me. But...I had a lot of breakage in the middle of my head and many, many, many, many different lengths. :perplexed So the stylist wound up cutting off all my length to blend it. :cry3:She cut off about 6 inches and told me to stop wearing the dang ponytail! She said that's what's breaking it off. But she said it looks like I have about 8 inches of new growth!:bouncegre And she said if I get 2 more trims, I will probably be all natural (been transitioning since February). So...I'm not looking forward to the reveal because now I'm neck length again. :dazed: But at least I know I can grow and I see my texture coming in. So I'm still grateful for the challenge, but I am not looking forward to reveal pictures. Oh well, I get my hair done and my next trim on December 30th. See ya then.

Awwwww, I'm so sorry that you had to have so much cut off. On the upside, 8 inches of growth is outstanding!!!!:yep:

Don't feel too bad about the reveal. I did a little neglecting myself, so I'm not expecting a spectacular reveal myself. But I know what I did (or should I say didn't do), and I know what I need to do for the continuation of the challenge. I expect the next reveal to be much better for me.:yep:

In the meantime, I will be happily cheering everyone on when they reveal.:grin:

Ms_CoCo37

Feb 2010

April 2010- after cutting my BKT off

Today- Dec 20 :grin:

Beautiful progress!!! I absolutely LOVE your hair color!

Now with that said, can you take the pix down until the reveal? I'm actually going to post a separate thread for the reveal pix.

lushlady

Still hanging in there. I've been under my half-wigs for most of the past two months. I don't think I've made much progress, but I might not see what other people see.

NikkiQ

I have her and she is most def my diva hair lol. I want my natural hair to be just like it. wishful thinking I know, but a girl can dream.

JJamiah

I hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful Holiday :)
:bighugs:

I am here cooking; waiting and tired :)
Kids are happy :)

Ijanei

Ok remember I said I have a sew-in? well I did it myself and this time I'm determined to keep it in. I feel like everyone can see my tracks though. next time, I'm letting a professional do it. Here are the pics though. Hoping to keep this in unil the first week of Feb. (don't mind the faces, I was making love to the camera and showing out with my sister:lol:)

ms.tatiana

Ok remember I said I have a sew-in? well I did it myself and this time I'm determined to keep it in. I feel like everyone can see my tracks though. next time, I'm letting a professional do it. Here are the pics though. Hoping to keep this in unil the first week of Feb. (don't mind the faces, I was making love to the camera and showing out with my sister:lol:)

i see you making love to the camera :grin:, but the sew-in looks good!!!